Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   T3 Scoop install and light mod (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108652)

Rei C 10-01-2010 06:55 PM

that looks amazing Lupe! if I had the time and patience (and the skills you have) I think it would be awesome to be able to do all my mods myself. you did a great job! :thumbup::thumbup:

klatterblast 10-01-2010 07:06 PM

wow cool

superman 10-01-2010 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhd (Post 2393419)
man that looks sick, i just wish they made the t3 ports for the v6

Are you serious? The T2 ports look way better..

I wish they made the T2 ports for the V8...

mcotton 10-01-2010 07:23 PM

I like it.

zirotti 10-01-2010 07:25 PM

Wow, actually really like the way those inlets look.

GJG 10-01-2010 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superman (Post 2393596)
Are you serious? The T2 ports look way better..

I wish they made the T2 ports for the V8...

T3's......T2's are too much IMHO..........

daphatgrant 10-01-2010 08:55 PM

Looks great man! :w00t: But damn did I get the shivers from just looking at the pics of you cutting her up and she's not even my baby, lol. Was lining the templates up the same on each side easy? That's my biggest worry here that they'd be off-centered or one would tip down or something. I also wonder if these will work in conjunction with the air scoop from ADM. This is a mod I certainly plan on doing on my car in the near future, I want matte black though.

Ohh btw, thanks for the pics, I and I know many others have been really wanting to see pics of this being done so an extra :thumbsup: for the very detailed install. If this isn't already in the DIY section it should be :).

GJG 10-01-2010 10:52 PM

Lupe,

love the look and am seriously considering it myself after seeing yours!

Question......with all this new air being funneled into the area behind the bumper.....have you noticed any air noise....roaring etc?????

also......how does the rear piece attach to the front piece???

khabboub 10-01-2010 11:02 PM

damn that looks good, but no fog lights?

CamaroFTW 10-01-2010 11:27 PM

Looks great and nice work. I am waiting for Gary's DRL mount mod before I do this.

ACS Composite 10-01-2010 11:57 PM

Great job on the install !!

Car looks great http://www.camaro5.com/forums/images...s/thumbsup.gif

overhaulengines 10-02-2010 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kilo-9 (Post 2393250)
Looks very nice! I don't have the stomach for that kind of cutting. :)

yeah i get butterfly's every time i sand, grind or cut into my car, but it also a killer adrenaline rush:D:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by GJG (Post 2393621)

yeah they are costly, but now that there in, i have no regret:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by daphatgrant (Post 2393864)
Looks great man! :w00t: But damn did I get the shivers from just looking at the pics of you cutting her up and she's not even my baby, lol. Was lining the templates up the same on each side easy? That's my biggest worry here that they'd be off-centered or one would tip down or something. I also wonder if these will work in conjunction with the air scoop from ADM. This is a mod I certainly plan on doing on my car in the near future, I want matte black though.

Ohh btw, thanks for the pics, I and I know many others have been really wanting to see pics of this being done so an extra :thumbsup: for the very detailed install. If this isn't already in the DIY section it should be :).

the instructions are good enough for me, they have a paper template, not super great, but its a general guide. between the template (paper) and looking at pics online, i got it, once i did the first one, i measured the hole and marked the measurement on the other side. worked out perfect.:happyanim:

Quote:

Originally Posted by GJG (Post 2394215)
Lupe,

love the look and am seriously considering it myself after seeing yours!

Question......with all this new air being funneled into the area behind the bumper.....have you noticed any air noise....roaring etc?????

also......how does the rear piece attach to the front piece???

i'm in Dallas now, just drove 5 hours, no noise. a very good sealant comes with the kit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by khabboub (Post 2394244)
damn that looks good, but no fog lights?

i will be working on a light mod for them, i will keep yall posted, i wanna do something where i have red and white lights and i can select with my wireless remote. i currently have dual halo's red/white

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroFTW (Post 2394314)
Looks great and nice work. I am waiting for Gary's DRL mount mod before I do this.

see above

Quote:

Originally Posted by ACS Composite (Post 2394392)
Great job on the install !!

Car looks great http://www.camaro5.com/forums/images...s/thumbsup.gif

thank for the quality product, a few recommendations, provide 2 templates, and not thin paper.

GJG 10-02-2010 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJG
Quote:

yeah they are costly, but now that there in, i have no regret
no...no...i meant the t2's were too big for my taste....i love the t3's.....but they are expensive....LOL

oh.....thanks for the info on the air noise or lack of!

Ivan @ Southwest Speed 10-02-2010 01:39 AM

Wow!!

That looks soooo good sir!

Glad you left the "slats" of the grill black. I left mine flat and painted the surround gloss and it truly looks like a custom insert.

Nice work man! Dig it!
Ivan ;)