Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Member Car Journals (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Tom Henry Racing THR22 2010/LS3/IBM/Supercharged SS Camaro [COTW 10/29/12] (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24276)

PQ 03-07-2010 08:40 AM

So, about those rotors.........

speedster 03-07-2010 08:58 AM

Just wanna see Agent Orange at C5 Fest....:)

...and his THR car too...:D

GTAHVIT 03-07-2010 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PQ (Post 1557464)
So, about those rotors.........

Yeah seems like a pretty slick set up huh....



shouldn't you be in church... :D

PQ 03-07-2010 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTAHVIT (Post 1557762)
Yeah seems like a pretty slick set up huh....



shouldn't you be in church... :D

Ya...... :rolleyes:

Shouldnt you? :popcorn:

PQ 03-07-2010 10:52 AM

Those rotors, in your opinion, are more for easthetics, or performance?

Mines not SCed so maybe different for me.

GTAHVIT 03-07-2010 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PQ (Post 1557768)
Ya...... :rolleyes:

Shouldnt you? :popcorn:

:D we went saturday night :thumbsup:

Quote:

Originally Posted by PQ (Post 1557773)
Those rotors, in your opinion, are more for easthetics, or performance?

Mines not SCed so maybe different for me.

Really the brembos are fine for the amount of power I will have. I'ts the wheels that have a bigger impact on braking under normal driving conditions.

So, for your 22's I'd definitely consider that kit or one like it. It's a nice compromise from going all out to a big brake upgrade kit. I spoke to the guys at Brembo at the PRI show and they didn't have any upgrades for the camaro at that time... And just like with the Bear upgrade it was gonna be a lot more expensive than what Stillen is offering. But it was a true brake system upgrade not just rotors.

The rotor and pad and Stainless brake lines will be a nice improvement and will look good to without breaking the bank.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTAHVIT (Post 1554869)
Agreed, that is one HAWT car.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/attach...1&d=1267860761

:drool:

Quote:

Originally Posted by foxman (Post 1557551)
I'm running 315/25 on rear and 265/30 on front for tires.


:thumbsup:

PQ 03-07-2010 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTAHVIT (Post 1557840)
Really the brembos are fine for the amount of power I will have. I'ts the wheels that have a bigger impact on braking under normal driving conditions.

So, for your 22's I'd definitely consider that kit or one like it. It's a nice compromise from going all out to a big brake upgrade kit. I spoke to the guys at Brembo at the PRI show and they didn't have any upgrades for the camaro at that time... And just like with the Bear upgrade it was gonna be a lot more expensive than what Stillen is offering. But it was a true brake system upgrade not just rotors.

The rotor and pad and Stainless brake lines will be a nice improvement and will look good to without breaking the bank.

How long ago did you talk to Brembo?

And I doubt I'd have any real need to upgrade the entire system. I'd say this one would be 70% cosmetic and 30% performance for my set up. For now anyway. Of course you're the expert.

But this is about YOUR car. So would you consider this set up?

GTAHVIT 03-07-2010 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PQ (Post 1557886)
How long ago did you talk to Brembo?

And I doubt I'd have any real need to upgrade the entire system. I'd say this one would be 70% cosmetic and 30% performance for my set up. For now anyway. Of course you're the expert.

But this is about YOUR car. So would you consider this set up?

I would... but since my wheels will probably weigh about the same as stock (guessing) this is a nice compromise. But I'm gonna leave my brakes alone for now. But I will keep this kit on my list of future to do's

:thumbsup:

PQ 03-07-2010 11:51 AM

Tell you what, I'll buy you some after I get my car finished. :rolleyes:



OH, and I see you just glossed over Toms gevernor remark.........Hmmmmmmmmmmm.........

GTAHVIT 03-07-2010 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PQ (Post 1557929)
Tell you what, I'll buy you some after I get my car finished. :rolleyes:



OH, and I see you just glossed over Toms gevernor remark.........Hmmmmmmmmmmm.........

The scary part is I seem to recal him saying something similar to Tag....


So, I'm gonna take the "let a sleeping dog (or weasel in this case - see the shunt saga) lie"

:help:

PQ 03-07-2010 12:22 PM

:laugh: True. After all, Tom may have helped Scott get rid of ............ well.........Sleeping dog lie, good idea. lmao

Mr Twisty 03-07-2010 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTAHVIT (Post 1557975)
The scary part is I seem to recal him saying something similar to Tag....


So, I'm gonna take the "let a sleeping dog (or weasel in this case - see the shunt saga) lie"

:help:

Didn't your momma ever tell you... "If you don't have anything nice to say, at least get your car first before saying it." .... :yikes:

Mr. Wyndham 03-07-2010 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PQ (Post 1557773)
Those rotors, in your opinion, are more for easthetics, or performance?

They'll only benefit you in performance if you're racing.

Otherwise, it's aesthetics.

Alone...the weight won't do much for acceleration, wheels are what you want to tackle for that. But under repeated, hard braking -- the slots and cross-drills will help heat and gasses escape from between the pad and rotor reducing fade, and at the same time..."resurface" the pad constantly, improving the brake's bite for the next stop or decel.

I know you didn't ask for my opinion...psh....but I wanted to butt in anyways. :bellyroll:

Mindz 03-07-2010 09:41 PM

always need to step on people's toes huh? =P

Good answer though =) :thumbsup:

Tom Henry Racing 03-08-2010 08:57 AM

Shoot....I don't have any compact spares in 22's.

PQ 03-08-2010 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Henry Racing (Post 1560779)
Shoot....I don't have any compact spares in 22's.

A doughnut 22. LMAO!!!!!!

Mr Twisty 03-09-2010 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PQ (Post 1561548)
A doughnut 22. LMAO!!!!!!

:bellyroll:
http://www.freakingnews.com/Pictures...-Donut-Day.jpg

GTAHVIT 03-11-2010 01:46 AM

Something else to add to the list.

;)

Powdercoated Calipers

GTAHVIT 03-11-2010 01:55 AM

2 Attachment(s)
And I decided on wheels. I'm going with the Bonspeed Malibu 5's 20 X10 with 305's

:thumbsup:

Mindz 03-11-2010 02:29 AM

looks good Chris, although I think the Teddy bear rims fit your personality better.

PQ 03-11-2010 03:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mindz (Post 1574170)
looks good Chris, although I think the Teddy bear rims fit your personality better.

:word:

And he agonized for all of 5 minutes deciding between the Malibus and the other ones.

Malibus are the better ones. IMO the other ones were over done. Good coice here.

GTAHVIT 03-11-2010 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mindz (Post 1574170)
looks good Chris, although I think the Teddy bear rims fit your personality better.

:cool:

Quote:

Originally Posted by PQ (Post 1574217)
:word:

And he agonized for all of 5 minutes deciding between the Malibus and the other ones.

Malibus are the better ones. IMO the other ones were over done. Good coice here.

:D

ljustin293 03-11-2010 08:27 AM

Are you actually getting this car or are we just talking a lot about it?? ;)


:popcorn:

GTAHVIT 03-11-2010 08:29 AM

Ha hah...

:laugh: Yes we are getting the car... Due to unforseen circumstances on my end I've had to slide to the right a little. Thankfully Tom has been more than willing to work with me. If all goes well I should have the car in time for the fest... Finger's crossed that all will go well. ;)

Blade 03-11-2010 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ljustin293 (Post 1574582)
Are you actually getting this car or are we just talking a lot about it?? ;)


:popcorn:

LOL

I like them rims there!!! They purty!

Blade 03-11-2010 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTAHVIT (Post 1574599)
Ha hah...

:laugh: Yes we are getting the car... Due to unforseen circumstances on my end I've had to slide to the right a little. Thankfully Tom has been more than willing to work with me. If all goes well I should have the car in time for the fest... Finger's crossed that all will go well. ;)

I hear that..........I am trying to iron out the headers, cats and exhaust on my 1LT before the fest too. Figure I take ride in the Pfadt cars or PQ's car to see how the ride feels before I change the suspension.

Mr Twisty 03-13-2010 11:26 AM

Nice choice, are they directional? :thumbsup:

PQ 03-13-2010 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blade (Post 1574611)
I hear that..........I am trying to iron out the headers, cats and exhaust on my 1LT before the fest too. Figure I take ride in the Pfadt cars or PQ's car to see how the ride feels before I change the suspension.

You will be more than welcome to. Pfadt is gonna offer their car up for this purpose too. ;)

GTAHVIT 03-13-2010 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 (Post 1584862)
Nice choice, are they directional? :thumbsup:

Yes they are but I'm over it. I've seen em on a couple cars and I do like the look... NOw I just have to decide if I want 20's or 22's after seeing a few camaros with 22's Looks pretty damn good....


Hmmmmmmmmmmm

;)

PQ 03-13-2010 10:12 PM

22s 22s 22s 22s 22s 22s 22s

GTAHVIT 03-13-2010 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PQ (Post 1586676)
22s 22s 22s 22s 22s 22s 22s

Well there's a surpise...

:laugh:

mlee 03-14-2010 10:10 AM

11" 20's on the rear... :thumbsup:

Tom Henry Racing 03-14-2010 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlee (Post 1587602)
11" 20's on the rear... :thumbsup:

Shoot........ Chris, another delay, I got 20" wide but they are 11" diameter

CynAgain 03-14-2010 07:56 PM

:laughabove:

PQ 03-14-2010 07:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by GTAHVIT (Post 1586690)
Well there's a surpise...

:laugh:

:rolleyes:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Henry Racing (Post 1588938)
Shoot........ Chris, another delay, I got 20" wide but they are 11" diameter

:sm0:

Attachment 102796

Blade 03-14-2010 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PQ (Post 1584991)
You will be more than welcome to. Pfadt is gonna offer their car up for this purpose too. ;)

Thanks man! I saw the thread on the Pfadt car, I hope they let us test drive it. Obviously you feel the suspension a little more when driving it then just riding shotgun.

Blade 03-14-2010 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PQ (Post 1589108)
:rolleyes:

:sm0:

Attachment 102796

YABBA DABBA DOOOOOOOOOO!!!

mlee 03-14-2010 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Henry Racing (Post 1588938)
Shoot........ Chris, another delay, I got 20" wide but they are 11" diameter

Now that's a cost cutter... only need one one the front and one on the back...:thumbsup:

The 2 Wheel option (2WL)

TAG UR IT 03-14-2010 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Henry Racing (Post 1588938)
Shoot........ Chris, another delay, I got 20" wide but they are 11" diameter

:sm0:

GTAHVIT 03-14-2010 10:59 PM

:scared0016:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:58 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.