Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-topic Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Dang I miss this place when it was active! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=530506)

RubyCamaro 06-01-2018 09:43 PM

Dang I miss this place when it was active!

Is it just me??? Does anyone else terribly miss when this place was always busy? There were always multiple threads folks were actively responding to that I wanted to read & comment on, always something being discussed I wanted to learn about or just folks to talk to, always a discussion about whatever was going on in the world, always something funny or silly or serious, just like a cool place to hang out. I truly & sincerely miss those days.

rich2342 06-02-2018 06:36 AM

It is a pretty slow forum. Some times days for a response or little interest at all. Its a shame for such an iconic car.

HawkeyeZL1 06-02-2018 03:22 PM

I'm a member on 4 different forums and it's the same on all, slow. I think the facebook groups have really cut into the forum traffic. Not a facebook guy myself. These forums are my only online interactions with like minded individuals.

Overflow 06-02-2018 06:00 PM

I was just thinking that today... This forum use to be active no matter the time of day. 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. It is kinda sad. Now you just see the same 20 people posting.

chef-beavis 06-02-2018 11:35 PM

I'm with you, Ruby. I will never forget, or leave.

SecondZ28 06-03-2018 06:35 AM

It’s sad, most of them are a shell of their former selfs; only really active forum I still see is CorvetteForum . Which makes sense it’s an older demographic that doesn’t use Facebook

ssrs2lt 06-03-2018 09:48 PM

I came in when this place was busy.. It was full of characters good and bad ..Still enjoy it but its very neutral..I think the push a couple years ago to clean up and make it family friendly, kinda made a model for membership..I'm still here but miss the interaction..bat in the trunk thread probably gets killed quickly..maybe I'm wrong

Rahnok 06-03-2018 09:51 PM

It sounds like I missed out on a lot of fun. I joined pretty late in the game due to the fact that I couldn’t afford one then and I was 10 years old in 2010. :baby:

AG1LE 06-03-2018 09:56 PM

All the knowledgeable members were squashed via the usual sponsor/admin money-driven BS.

AG1LE 06-03-2018 10:00 PM

And, I doubt any of the admins/mods actually own a 5th gen at this point. Most of them lost interest and didn't bother to find replacements.

Sir Nuke 06-04-2018 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HawkeyeZL1 (Post 10205805)
I'm a member on 4 different forums and it's the same on all, slow. I think the facebook groups have really cut into the forum traffic. Not a facebook guy myself. These forums are my only online interactions with like minded individuals.

My actual club forum has nearly gone completely dormant because of that very thing, I had NEVER been on FB before, and refused to get on it, I actually hate it, but if I want to be able to keep up or know what is going on in my local club, I had to brake down and get on it, it was either that or quit the club!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by chef-beavis (Post 10206175)
I'm with you, Ruby. I will never forget, or leave.

Ruby.....thank goodness us diehards will still be around.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SecondZ28 (Post 10206256)
It’s sad, most of them are a shell of their former selfs; only really active forum I still see is CorvetteForum . Which makes sense it’s an older demographic that doesn’t use Facebook

:word: (see 1st comment)

hrpiii 06-04-2018 06:43 AM

It is a little sad to see the forum post drop so drastically over the years. I know many still have their 5th Gens too, you can see them at Camarofest. But they just don't care to post, or share or converse on the forum anymore. You can get to know the people a lot more if they continue to share their passion for the cars and the group as a whole.

hammdo 06-04-2018 06:59 AM

Agree, was very, very busy (Vendors doing creative things, members cranking out awesome one-of-a-kinds) but like was noted, many either moved on to a new Camaro, lost interest or, just are not as active anymore due to other distractions. I enjoy my Camaro and find new ways to keep ‘engaged’. Many of us enjoyed reading about other members adventures — always a great read. Seemed to really come to a head when COTW stopped for our 5th Gen.

I visit other forums too and they all have the same issue, same few folks posting. ModernCamaro is a prime example. Practically dead with little discussion/debate. Happens... ls1tech is still going strong however, it’s more than gen5 Camaro5

Not a fan of Facebook but, sometimes you gotta go there (businesses are on there so...;o)

CamaroFest is around the corner, so something to look forward to... Some of us will be hanging around for a while ;o)

-Don

SquawkVFR 06-04-2018 07:32 AM

You can’t expect a forum to remain active when the parameters are narrowed to 5th gen Camaros. Why do you think “corvetteforum.com” is so alive and well? It doesn’t read “C5Corvetteforum.com”. Besides, so many topics are forbidden here plus it’s snowflake central and the admins sit in here like deer hunters in a tree stand waiting for anyone to make the slightest infraction.

But fear not. The Camaro5 legacy will live on for as long as there’s internet.

99% of the time when you ask a question on a search engine or look up a problem concerning a Camaro, you’ll be steered towards Camaro5. So there’s that. :). And college football.