Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Who wants backup sensors and who doesnt? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39568)

Blownhotrodder 08-27-2009 07:46 PM

Who wants backup sensors and who doesnt?

Yes.
No.

SlingShot 08-27-2009 07:47 PM

YES....

daphatgrant 08-27-2009 07:48 PM

Wow... I'm the first one to vote :p.

No thanks for me, I'll pass.

shroomjohn 08-27-2009 07:49 PM

I want to see them first before I can decide but Im leaning torwards no

cab2g 08-27-2009 07:50 PM

yes if they don't look bad.

ljustin293 08-27-2009 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shroomjohn (Post 853120)
I want to see them first before I can decide but Im leaning torwards no

me too...but I don't really have a choice either

FenwickHockey65 08-27-2009 07:52 PM

Why not?

Carr2010SS 08-27-2009 07:55 PM

Yes. Have them on my CTS. They are great. Now curb feelers, now you are really talking. lol

Xmicro_SS 08-27-2009 07:59 PM

I don't need no stink'in back up sensors.......They are for blind people and yuppies..............Just Kidding! :D or not! :laugh::laugh:

Mayhem 08-27-2009 07:59 PM

Dunno, I would be between a camera or sensors...

I don't care for all the macho "learn to drive" junk... Hell.. if I haven't had my coffee one day and someone puts a curb, wall, or car somewhere stupid like RIGHT BEHIND ME !! I don't wanna be paying to fix er up. ORRRR be caught feeling like my pants are down in a busy line up as everyone stares at me pulling my bumper off the said obstacle.

I don't think I've ever seen a backup sensor that looks "awful" I don't mind them one bit. What I do mind is the high pitch beeping when I don't need it beeping... If I could turn it off/on, that'd be beautiful... Otherwise I'd maybe prefer the backup camera... which I will be looking into what my options are.

A lot of talk from people callin everyone "p!@#$ies and yuppies" and insert other insult as needed.. Tell you what, when I put on my camera or sensors you just try lipping me off in person for it and see who walks away feeling like a p!@#$.

Technology isn't for wimps and bad drivers. It's a modern luxury which is a privledge of technological PROGRESSION. Old School ?! The manual vs auto arguments I can understand only because you cant deny that driving a manual lets you feel the car more... I don't think manuals better just because its "old school"... My computer is as new as I can keep it... OLD school just wouldn't cut it..

Theres a fine line between appreciating old school origins and needlessly worshipping the obsolete.

What year is the new Camaro you just bought ?? 2010 ?? enough said.. This ISNT old school... If you wanna talk old school.... real men didn't even DRIVE cars back in the day.... they didn't exist. I guess in that respect.. REAL MEN WALK.

Thank you. Come again.

Legend 08-27-2009 07:59 PM

Nope...don't need them. It's just not that hard to look back and see where you are...it's not like you are going 50 mph!

Plus those stupid eyes all over the back bumper...won't look good at all on this car!

PolishMike 08-27-2009 08:00 PM

My dad has em on his truck. They don't do much good. You can't trust them anyway, they beep all the damn time for no reason. People tend to rely on them too much. Nothing can or should substitute for your eyes.

29er 08-27-2009 09:01 PM

who need this... another gimmick that i don't need. it's my opinion.

Captain Awesome 08-27-2009 09:15 PM

This is a BAD poll.

It should be:

Backup Sensors should be:

1) Standard Equipment with a $300 MSRP markup.
2) Optional Equipment with a $300 option price.