Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   D@mn door locks..... (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=338775)

Buffman 01-30-2014 11:07 AM

I wouldnt leave keys in car either but...
Do you have 2014? the new onstar/camaro app you can lock an unlock your car from anywhere right from your phone so you could always do that vs calling onstar..dont think that is a feature on the older ones

BronxxBombers213 01-30-2014 11:29 AM

i think the setting through the radio is "auto lock out" or something like that

Mr. iNCREDIBLE 01-30-2014 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buffman (Post 7381163)
I wouldnt leave keys in car either but...
Do you have 2014? the new onstar/camaro app you can lock an unlock your car from anywhere right from your phone so you could always do that vs calling onstar..dont think that is a feature on the older ones

only works if you have an active onstar account, and it's 2012 vehicles and newer, and some select 2010 and 2011 models.

TAG UR IT 02-25-2014 11:12 PM

Well...they locked themselves again the other night. Glad I kept the window rolled down. Just fyi, I've never changed the lock settings on the car and never knew I could. There is no set up on the car right now where it'll lock itself after a period of time. It should stay unlocked unless I unlock it. But for some reason or another, ... "click." Annoying if anything at all. I just have to leave the window down now or keep the key out of the car.

Atti2de 02-25-2014 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlee (Post 7366412)
Me either... My key is in the ignition right now and I guarantee it's not locked

I see a road trip to Houston in my future....mmmm new car parts!

patternpilot 02-26-2014 12:01 AM

If your keys are hanging in the house as you mentioned, perhaps someone is having some fun with you. ��

Mrvnmartian 06-27-2016 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TAG UR IT (Post 7363184)
I thought I was going crazy.....

Car is in the garage..windows rolled up...key is in the car (since it's in the garage which is always locked) and I come back to it in the morning and :confused:

My doors are locked??

Weird...I think maybe I hit the door lock by mistake when getting out. I get the other remote and unlock it.

Several more times this happened. And...I finally figure it's not me. For some reason or another, my car decides to lock itself. I've had to call OnStar twice now to unlock my car because it locks itself. While I'm a paranoid guy who locks his car all the time, it sure doesn't help having to go and get the other key fob out of the safe to unlock my car in the mornings.

Anyone else have an issue with the doors locking themselves out of the blue?

Have you ever figured out the cause for this? My 2010 manual just started doing this about a month or so ago. I too leave it in the garage, unlocked for days without this ever happening before. Thanks

clg_98ta 07-08-2016 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrvnmartian (Post 9174055)
Have you ever figured out the cause for this? My 2010 manual just started doing this about a month or so ago. I too leave it in the garage, unlocked for days without this ever happening before. Thanks

My 2010 is doing this about once a week now. Come out in the morning and the car is locked. Keys are never in the car. Yesterday, I got home and parked in the garage. About an hour later, I was in the garage working on my motorcycle and I heard a click. Sure enough, the Camaro was locked. Keys were hanging on a hook inside the house, and no-one was inside the house.

It seems to be happening more frequently now...

DonM 07-09-2016 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAUL SS (Post 7364690)
If you are going to leave the keys in it, leave a window open!

^^ This. That way when someone else sees the keys in the car, they won't have to break a window to get in.:pound:

Bo White 11-12-2016 11:02 AM

Mine started doing it last week. 3 times now. All aftermarket stereo for the last 100k miles.

jimmyh 12-12-2016 04:56 PM

This just happened to me for the first time. It is sitting outside my office with the engine running while I wait for my wife to bring my spare key from an hour away. I am royally pissed. In four years this has NEVER happened. I even tried locking the doors with the spare key twice, and it would just unlock right away.

Now all of a sudden, for the first time after five years, the doors lock by themselves.

Renald 02-19-2017 02:03 PM

Would it be possible that onstar is locking it trying to get you to subscribe to there programs

JamesMyBoy 02-20-2017 08:21 AM

Has anybody with this problem looked into perhaps a bad switch with the transmission?
When I put my car is S or D (L99), the doors lock. If it were me, that's where I'd start looking. Just my .02

Bo White 09-09-2017 09:14 PM

Anyone find anythng out?