Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Wish i Bought White... (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125906)

JAB 01-25-2011 03:16 PM

Wish i Bought White...

I'm so sick of finding new scratches and swirls and rock chips on my Black SS.
Not to mention every time i get near a puddle the car gets water spotted and dust just sticks to it. :mad0259:
I'm really contemplating Painting it white, When i bought it there was a matching white SS on the lot but i figured the black would look better with all the mods i was planing ( Plus all the other cars iv owned have been black ) But the more i see summit white the more i like it, Thinking just painting my car summit white with flat black stripes and flat black wheels..

Any one have any idea what it would cost to paint a full Camaro..

the upcoming 01-25-2011 03:24 PM

i had a post awhile back to see if anyone wanted to trade a summit white for a black
haha i feel you

JAB 01-25-2011 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the upcoming (Post 2767571)
i had a post awhile back to see if anyone wanted to trade a summit white for a black
haha i feel you

Yea, Im Serious about Painting it tho, Ima start looking around for quotes. Iv Heard Black To White is the most expensive Refinishing Job Tho :( lol I cant take it anymore tho.

GEEo 01-25-2011 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAB (Post 2767534)
I'm so sick of finding new scratches and swirls and rock chips on my Black SS.
Not to mention every time i get near a puddle the car gets water spotted and dust just sticks to it. :mad0259:
I'm really contemplating Painting it white, When i bought it there was a matching white SS on the lot but i figured the black would look better with all the mods i was planing ( Plus all the other cars iv owned have been black ) But the more i see summit white the more i like it, Thinking just painting my car summit white with flat black stripes and flat black wheels..

Any one have any idea what it would cost to paint a full Camaro..

+1,000,000 here!! the only regret I have on my car was getting it in black!! :facepalm:

buzzy56 01-25-2011 04:02 PM

I feelfor you (almost)

I feel for you almost. When purchasing mine the dealer had a black and a white on site.I had been looking for a black just like the majority of my past vehicles. But it had just rained and the sun came out and water spotted it bad.Oh boy it looked s--t.The summit white on the other hand looked pristine and right then & there I made up my mind white it would be.So glad I did.Very easy to upkeep, looks good even with a little road grime and very pleasing to the eye.Good luck if you repaint.

Oh I forgot. In the mean time you can just oggle mine!

x7productions 01-25-2011 05:16 PM

On the cheap probably about $2500. Good jobs about $4500+ probably...

Depends on your area though. I'm just giving estimates based on quotes I've received for a two-tone paint job in Sacramento, CA (black/red).

Synyster 01-25-2011 05:28 PM

Go for it... and get them there IOM stripes painted on :)

ducq 01-25-2011 05:53 PM

Tell you what. White does not look as nice and shiny as black does when it's all washed and detailed, period.

midnighter 01-25-2011 06:41 PM

Get a 2011 in white instead. I hate to say it but I've traded in a car in the past for the same car just to get a different color. It's more expensive but much easier. :D

greenmachinedriver 01-25-2011 08:16 PM

i passed up a black one just for that reason. i use to have a black explorer and it looked so bad in the sun i swore to never own a black car again. trading it on white would probably be better color changes never come out right. and are very expensive.

tmac1granger33 01-25-2011 08:24 PM

i feel the same way.. my car is chipped to heck, swirled to heck, scratched to heck... i hate it... not to mention the 2 door dings..

i guess im gonna have to invest in PC and some adams products.. i dont have the money to repaint or trade up

gl2filmerguy 01-25-2011 08:47 PM

I just went from a black Hyundai Genesis to a white Camaro, and thank GOD I got a white one haha

ARTIE G. 01-25-2011 09:18 PM

White shows scratches and dirt, just as much as black.. a scratch that just gets past the clear coat shows up as a black mark on white, not to mention that birds love the color white. Keep in mind you must keep a good coat of wax on white or as it ages it won't be summit white anymore. This is my second white car. My first was a 96 camaro and now the 2010. I can tell you that compared to my old car the new ones paint sucks. Too thin a layer of paint. The difference in tint is more obvious with white. ( I hope you know that there is a noticeable shadow on rear panels of camaros to give it a simulated depth look at a distance... Stand back and check out a white one ..like standing across the street from one...you will see it. It is not noticeable on black. Keep what you have...

Synerbee 01-25-2011 09:20 PM

7-10k for a good quality paint job