Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Sports Lounge (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   UFC 118: Randy Couture vs. James Toney (MMA vs. Boxing) (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102403)

Iwantone2 08-27-2010 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfaber99 (Post 2265623)
Wow, my last post was full of fail before I edited it. I was thinking Penn won the first fight by decision. I guess I thought he should had won and so, I remembered him as winning!

:facepalm:

no worries brother, i was a bit confused by your post, but didn't want to say anything.

Guess we'll find out tomorrow!!!

Jay_LHD3 08-29-2010 12:11 AM

I never want to see another Lentz fight again. That was extremely boring. :mad0260:

What a performance by Joe Lauzon; brutal win!!! :headbang:

I thought for sure they were going to stop the Nate - Davis fight. Davis looked messed up!

I expected Toney to at least throw one punch; that did not happen. :paddle: I don't think we will see anymore boxers for a while; unless they train in MMA for at least a couple of years first.

What is wrong with BJ? He needs to get mental help! :facepalm: All he did was one take-down at the beginning of the 4th and one at the beginning of the 5th. The rest was all Frankie! :iono:

<from wiki>
Preliminary card
Welterweight bout: Pierce defeated Alves via submission (cross-body armbar) at 3:11 of round 3.
Welterweight bout: Soto defeated Osipczak via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28).
Middleweight bout: Miller defeated Salter via submission (anaconda choke) at 1:53 of round 2. This bout aired on Spike TV after the Lauzon vs. Ruediger fight.

Preliminary card (Spike TV)
Lightweight bout: Lentz defeated Winner via unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28, 30-27).
Lightweight bout: Lauzon defeated Ruediger via submission (armbar) at 2:01 of round 1.

Main card
Welterweight bout: Diaz defeated Davis via technical submission (guillotine choke) at 4:02 of round 3.
Lightweight bout: Maynard defeated Florian via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28).
Middleweight bout: Maia defeated Miranda via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27).
Heavyweight bout: Couture defeated Toney via submission (arm-triangle choke) at 3:19 of round 1.
Lightweight Championship bout: Edgar defeated Penn via unanimous decision (50-45, 50-45, 50-45).

slicker 08-29-2010 12:43 AM

well i just saw this tread and i was going to start a thread like this but the last time i did some one posted that ufc and camaro have nothing to do with each other. then i posted that the ufc was building ten camaro to sell off. the i saw that randy bought a camaro and silva bought one and then ufc had a comen gound with camaros. anyway the fight tonight was great and randy did what he always does, he took him to the ground and show toney that mma is not just boxing then after he beat him he gave respect to boxing. randy is a classy guy. Penn did not show up tonight and his prformance was not there im wodering if penn is looking to tie it up. it was a good night of fights. and the next one is sept 15th.

gr8daneh 08-29-2010 02:08 AM

FAIL!!!!

After all of the hype a 3 minute fight. Stopped at the local bar to watch this and was very disappointed. Oh well, Courture Won !!! ;) Yay for the 47 year olds!!!

Iwantone2 08-30-2010 10:35 AM

I have to say that the outcome of the Couture/Toney fight was predictable and I was really disappointed with most of the other fights. I have to apologize and say that I was not very impressed with the Penn/Edgar fight.