Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Turning on Heated Seats with remote start (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119412)

BacktoGM 12-10-2010 09:20 AM

Turning on Heated Seats with remote start

So I have turned on the heated seats with autostart option on the radio / car selection menu, left them on when I turn the car off as well as leaving the a/c / heat system on and the seats don't come on when I remote start the car. Anyone have a clue.
Thanks
b/t/w the heated seats do come on fast and rock

vm1971 12-10-2010 09:49 AM

they come on... but it takes almost the full time before you "feel it"...
the indicator wont be lit when you put the key in and then the car fully "on", you still have to push in the seat heating button... but they do pre-heat a little when you set it that way. i warm mine up each morning before work!

v

Scott@Bjorn3D 12-10-2010 10:53 AM

It also has to below like 50F for the seats to even come on no matter what you do. Also they are not on full heat, just enough to get the heat elements warm.

bbdmac 12-10-2010 11:03 AM

I have mine turned on also, but as pointed out above the heater lights aren't on when you start the car, but the seats are warm. Then you need to physically turn them on after the car is started because they turn off once the car is running.

binlow84 12-10-2010 11:04 AM

I have concluded through my own experimentation that the seats don't heat nearly as well unless there is a body in them. They still warm up, it just takes a bit longer.

As for needing to be 50F or below to use the heated seats, that's wrong. I've had the heated seats on well above 50, even up in the 90's (freaks people out when they sit in a car and all the sudden their butt starts getting hot ;) ).

montreal2010yellow 12-10-2010 11:46 AM

:w00t:
I NEW A GIRL WHO OWNED A VW CONVERTIBLE AND FOR MORE THAN 2 YEARS SHE WAS COMPLAINING OF THE HEAT EVEN WITH THE TOP DOWN. SHE NEVER KNEW THAT SHE HAD HEATED SEATS UNTIL HER DEALER TOLD HER THAT THE LITTLE RED LIGHT IN THE DASH IS FOR HEATED SEATS AND THAT SHE HAD TO PRESS THE LITTLE BUTTON TO CLOSE THE HEAT.

BacktoGM 12-12-2010 07:15 PM

Thank you all for the quick responses. I did experiment after I read this and in fact they do come on but not as hot as when turned on with the car running. And yes they do shut/cool off if you do not turn them on after the car is started. Thanks for all the help. The people of this web site rock. Just Awesome.
Thanks,

BacktoGM 12-12-2010 07:16 PM

Thank You for all the heated seat responses.

Thanks. Works as described by the members. Thanks
C5 rocks

SwedeandBlondie 12-12-2010 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by binlow84 (Post 2625403)
As for needing to be 50F or below to use the heated seats, that's wrong. I've had the heated seats on well above 50, even up in the 90's (freaks people out when they sit in a car and all the sudden their butt starts getting hot ;) ).

Has to be below 45-50 degrees for the seats to come on with the automatic start

Ghost1LE 12-12-2010 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by montreal2010yellow (Post 2625538)
:w00t:
I NEW A GIRL WHO OWNED A VW CONVERTIBLE AND FOR MORE THAN 2 YEARS SHE WAS COMPLAINING OF THE HEAT EVEN WITH THE TOP DOWN. SHE NEVER KNEW THAT SHE HAD HEATED SEATS UNTIL HER DEALER TOLD HER THAT THE LITTLE RED LIGHT IN THE DASH IS FOR HEATED SEATS AND THAT SHE HAD TO PRESS THE LITTLE BUTTON TO CLOSE THE HEAT.

She must feel smart. :clap: ..... :facepalm: