CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   6th gen Camaro 1LE (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=296)
-   -   Why get the 1LE if you're to seldom/never track? (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=440075)

bigdonut 02-12-2016 01:19 AM

Why get the 1LE if you're to seldom/never track?

I know it's a money issue, but I'm curious as to why some people would get a 1LE if they're not going to track it. I understand it has the cool factor but it defeats the purpose of buying the package if one will not track it. The 1LE is begging to be tracked as it's a track-focused car. My question is, why bother getting the 1LE if you're never or seldom going to track the car? Just looking for different viewpoints.

JeffInDFW 02-12-2016 02:00 AM

The same reason you buy a Camaro SS instead of a Toyota Corolla. The Corolla will get you to work and home. How many times per day do you expect to use all 1g of cornering of your Camaro, or all 455hp? Why marry the hot blonde when the mousy girl will do just fine. Why pay for a Ribeye when sirloin will fill you up. On and on.

Even if you never take your 1LE to the track, you can still enjoy its higher performance levels. Its just a WHOLE LOT MORE FUN if you take it on a road course at least once!

Brian 1LE SS 02-12-2016 03:39 AM

I plan to track mine and autox it. The guys that buy a car like this and never autox or do a track day dont know what they are missing. Plus it will make them a way better driver on the street.

Blackdevil77 02-12-2016 05:30 AM

Cuz it looks awesome, I love the wheels and wider tires, and just want one :) And I honestly would love to go to a track someday, maybe owning a 1LE will push me to make that happen.

toehead93 02-12-2016 06:13 AM

I already seldom track my 1LE. I plan to do a full autoX season ever year and three track days but always end up with 3 autoX days and 1-2 track days. Maybe this year will be different but either way I had an SS before and this 1LE is so much better in handling that it makes every day more enjoyable. Of course the gap in the 6th gen is much smaller between the SS and 1LE so this could make for a tougher decision for some but not for me.

SSblur 02-12-2016 06:27 AM

Because I never say, what if I bought a 1LE instead of an SS.

AbsolutHank 02-12-2016 06:48 AM

Because if the pricing estimates are correct, let's say under $42k, it's the best value V8 right now!

Indydriver 02-12-2016 07:15 AM

There were a couple of Gen5 threads regretting the choice of a much stiffer street ride. Perhaps the addition of MRC will give the best of both.

No doubt the cost of the package will be a tremendous value. I still want to see the entire line revealed. A ZL1 convertible with MRC, 640hp and 2SS+ level amenities rings my bell.

aa406079 02-12-2016 07:17 AM

Some folks get a kick out of drag racing... Others get a kick at seeing a car tail us thru the cop infested straights where we behave UNTIL the road goes windy and you leave them in the dust...

The best part of on/ off ramps from highways is ( at least in Canada) the speeds are only advisories... So under the law you can take them at a speed your car can safely negotiate them... Nothing quite like accelerating into a turn most have to slow down for...

The rewards of razor sharp turn in and neutral handling in a high speed turn that doesn't go quickly into a high safety margin under steer... The standard SS will under steer and scrub speed a lot sooner than the 1LE... This has be borne out by the 3 second faster time on a 2 minute track, the new FE4 suspension that can handle ZL1 levels of power, and will be soon reflected in reviews and test drives.

mcsoul 02-12-2016 07:34 AM

Cause the road to Target looks a lot like a track if you use your imagination.

(JK)

SS 1LE 02-12-2016 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian 1LE SS (Post 8898833)
I plan to track mine and autox it. The guys that buy a car like this and never autox or do a track day dont know what they are missing. Plus it will make them a way better driver on the street.

^ What he said.

Eric SS 02-12-2016 08:13 AM

The wheels...oh God those wheels! And since the package will probably be the same price as buying an OEM set of 4 with 4 new tires to match, it's like getting the rest of the package for free :D

Thor142 02-12-2016 08:26 AM

The awesome thing about the 1LE is how much fun you can have with it on twisty back roads without ever exceeding the speed limit. I have way more fun with mine under 65mph than over. Tight turns and curves are exhilarating. You don't need to take it to the track to appreciate it's track capabilities. But you should. :)

R3DLT1 02-12-2016 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeffInDFW (Post 8898806)
The same reason you buy a Camaro SS instead of a Toyota Corolla. The Corolla will get you to work and home. How many times per day do you expect to use all 1g of cornering of your Camaro, or all 455hp? Why marry the hot blonde when the mousy girl will do just fine. Why pay for a Ribeye when sirloin will fill you up. On and on.

Even if you never take your 1LE to the track, you can still enjoy its higher performance levels. Its just a WHOLE LOT MORE FUN if you take it on a road course at least once!

BINGO!!!!