Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   2017 Camaro Fest (VII) (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=184)
-   -   CamaroFest VII DRAG RACING Event thread (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=479892)

mlee 01-08-2017 01:08 PM

CamaroFest VII DRAG RACING Event thread

1 Attachment(s)
Main Heads Up Classes 5/6 Gen Camaros Only. Any Camaro for Unlimited
***Awards given to Class winner & runner up, plus fastest pass for 5th Gen and 6th Gen***

#0) All I4 Camaros

#1) ALL V6: Any V6 Camaro (if enough sign-up will be split into Stock/Mod - need at least 8 in each class)

#2) STOCK SS: Any naturally aspirated V8 Camaro. CAI and/or Catback only, are allowed. No Headers, tune, engine modifications. (Street tires will consist of OE radials or any DOT street compound radial, regardless of size. Tire must have a 200+ treadwear rating to fit into this class)

#3) MODIFIED: Any naturally-aspirated - stock bottom end street-licensed 5/6-gen Camaro (No nitrous)

#4) SUPER-MODIFIED: Any force-inducted IRS 5/6-gen Camaro. Unlimited mods, (18" rear wheels or larger ).

#5) UNLIMITED: Any force-inducted IRS Camaro. Unlimited modifications. Any driver.

*** In addition to heads up classes, you may also enter Brackets or other specialized classes but may need to be ready to hot lap your car if you do so. You may only enter one of the main classes and will be tech'd accordingly.

BRACKET RACING: Any Make/Model. (Vette's, CTS other makes and models, 1st to 4th Gens as well.)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Additional Awards for fastest pass of the day 5th and 6th Gen. (may be run during any qualifying or elimination round - test and tune not counted)

Attachment 843552

mlee 01-08-2017 01:28 PM

Drag Racing RESULTS

8 Attachment(s)
Finals

Attachment 886090

Unlimited

Attachment 886091

Super Mod

Attachment 886092

Modified

Attachment 886093

V8

Attachment 886094

V6

Attachment 886154

I4 Qual

Attachment 886097

I4 Finals

Attachment 886096

Evil-Bee-NH 01-08-2017 04:37 PM

So...

No love for the I4's I see. That's ok you can drop us into the V6 class i'd be fine with that overall. I hope we get a few I4's to come and race.

mlee 01-08-2017 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH (Post 9494524)
No love for the I4's I see. That's ok you can drop us into the V6 class i'd be fine with that overall.

LMAO... Thanks and of course you won't be omitted. In fact you all will be highlighted :biggrin:

My 1st thought was WTH is an I4..:lol:

RubyCamaro 01-08-2017 05:06 PM

Race ready

1 Attachment(s)
Can't wait!

Attachment 843593

racergirl 01-08-2017 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RubyCamaro (Post 9494565)
Can't wait!

Agreed!

Ace0751 01-08-2017 07:43 PM

Hope this year will be better planned out with the classes. I think the people with headers will be back in the stock class and modification will be people running cams.

bhillakaiceberg 01-08-2017 08:34 PM

Looking forward to it!! Modified Finals last CamaroFest (2015) against my good buddy Mike Naleway! Looking to drag him AGAIN!! LOL!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xX8C1awoDPU

mlee 01-08-2017 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhillakaiceberg (Post 9494961)
Looking forward to it!! Modified Finals last CamaroFest (2015) against my good buddy Mike Naleway! Looking to drag him AGAIN!! LOL!! ]

Oh dayum.... shots already fired...:smm7:

But he's selling his car...:smoking:

Andrew4180 01-08-2017 09:30 PM

Non 5-6 gens for unlimited? Just asking because I know im probably one of only 2-3 oddballs you'll have.

mlee 01-08-2017 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew4180 (Post 9495071)
Non 5-6 gens for unlimited? Just asking because I know im probably one of only 2-3 oddballs you'll have.

I fixed it for you. :thumbsup:

And REALLY glad to have you return with us. The Houston CamaroVan is growing already.

Andrew4180 01-08-2017 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlee (Post 9495082)
I fixed it for you. :thumbsup:

And REALLY glad to have you return with us. The Houston CamaroVan is growing already.

Thank you sir, and great to hear it, cant wait to see all of yall there!

mlee 01-08-2017 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew4180 (Post 9495102)

Hope you bring your dad with you too.

Andrew4180 01-08-2017 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlee (Post 9495146)
Hope you bring your dad with you too.

He is planning on coming also.

hrpiii 01-09-2017 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew4180 (Post 9495102)

Hey, don't break on the first day this year, I want to see that car run A LOT! :thumbsup:

Andrew4180 01-09-2017 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hrpiii (Post 9495382)
Hey, don't break on the first day this year, I want to see that car run A LOT! :thumbsup:

I plan on it, bringing 10-15 gallons of race gas, new transmission, rear end, motor mounts, trans crossmember, everything will be solid and straight, bent the rear end housing last time, and the vibration from that shook the driveline so much that it broke the bellhousing. I aint having it this time.

Andrew4180 01-09-2017 12:41 PM

Question, are we running Brackets on Friday, Heads up on Saturday?

JantzenOKC 01-09-2017 04:32 PM

How strict are they on the rules at Beach Bend for these Camaro days. Would a car running in the 10's be ok not having a roll bar? I found this from the drag thread for the last fest in BG:

ROLL BARS
Roll bar mandatory in all cars (including T-tops) running 11.00 to 11.49
in convertibles running 11.00 to 13.49

ROLL CAGE
Roll cage mandatory in cars running 10.99 or quicker or any
car exceeding 135 mph. In full-bodied cars, with unaltered firewall,
floor, and body (from firewall rearward, wheel tubs permitted),
running between 10.00 and 10.99, roll bar permitted
in place of roll cage. In convertibles running 10.99 or quicker or
exceeding 135 mph, roll cage mandatory.

mlee 01-09-2017 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JantzenOKC (Post 9496588)
How strict are they on the rules at Beach Bend for these Camaro days. Would a car running in the 10's be ok not having a roll bar? I found this from the drag thread for the last fest in BG:

ROLL BARS
Roll bar mandatory in all cars (including T-tops) running 11.00 to 11.49
in convertibles running 11.00 to 13.49

ROLL CAGE
Roll cage mandatory in cars running 10.99 or quicker or any
car exceeding 135 mph. In full-bodied cars, with unaltered firewall,
floor, and body (from firewall rearward, wheel tubs permitted),
running between 10.00 and 10.99, roll bar permitted
in place of roll cage. In convertibles running 10.99 or quicker or
exceeding 135 mph, roll cage mandatory.

This is a private event and we have never had any problems with this especially with our newer cars. However the rules are rules.

Ace0751 01-09-2017 06:57 PM

Didn't have an issue with the rules especially having a vert so you should be ok. One suggestion though is at least bring a snell equipped helmet for safety.

etmx183 01-12-2017 06:01 AM

Just some FYI if you plan to drag race remember a Motorcycle helmet is not the same as a car helmet. Motorcycle is for impact and if in a car fire will melt to your head & face. Please make sure you use the correct gear.
Motorcycle helmets are tested to meet the highest safety standards in the industry .... from the Snell Foundation and are labeled with a sticker inside each helmet with a "Mxxxx" rating which refers to Motorcycle and the year the Snell Foundation update the standard.
Auto Racing helmets carry the Snell Foundation SA2005 ratings which refers to the SA, Special Applications and the year the Snell Foundation updated the standard.
Snell updates its standards every 5 years. You may still see a '95 in the market place but most likely M2000 or SA 2000's. The newest helmets on the market carry the 2005 which is the latest update.
In order to get the Snell rating, both types of helmets must pass a series of vigorous and identical impact tests. In addition to these tests the SA standard must comply with 3 additional variances or tests.
1) The SA helmets must have a Nomex fabric liner and are therefore more fire resistant for auto racing.
2) The SA standard allows a minimum eyeport size that is smaller than the minimum allowed for the M standard
3) The SA helmets must pass a test designed to simulate impact with a rollbar.
Some manufacturers include aerodynamic features on their SA helmets auto racing car helmets that would not make sense to put on the M helmets for motorcycling and many SA helmets are available with provisions for forced air cooling or emergency air supplies that are inappropriate or unnecessary for M helmets. Manufacturing costs being what they are... most manufacturers build their SA and M helmets identically with the exception of the inner liner.
We suggest buying SA 2005 for all racing events. The sanctioning body of each event, club or race will determine the standard accepted . Many clubs and or racing events will require SA ratings and may not accept M standards. Most clubs stop accepting both standards after a certain number of years past the date code. Check with your club, event, venue, prior to buying your helmet to see what is required.

Evil-Bee-NH 01-12-2017 10:34 AM

I thought SA2015 was the newest? Either way nice write-up etmx183 answers the small and big questions.

detltu 01-12-2017 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH (Post 9501645)
I thought SA2015 was the newest? Either way nice write-up etmx183 answers the small and big questions.

It is. My helmet is SA2015. A lot of organizations are already phasing out the helmets older than SA2005. Maybe that is what he meant.

Rdunn 01-15-2017 08:43 AM

Sign me up for the stock class....

Just kidding, will be racing in unlimited again. Hopefully come home with 1st this time.

mlee 01-15-2017 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdunn (Post 9506459)

Just kidding, will be racing in unlimited again. Hopefully come home with 1st this time.

LMAO...

I'm really Excited to have you back in action with us again!!!!

Love seeing your car run.:thumbsup:

jjbrooks700 01-15-2017 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdunn (Post 9506459)

:clap2:

etmx183 01-15-2017 01:17 PM

What would be the "stock" classification ( IE: no tune, stock tires, stock exhaust, etc or No internal mods, just bolt-ons and N/A? ) if it even happens for the V6s. Could a car run 2 classes at this event if the power adder is removed and than reinstalled. Just asking because I have done this at other races where there is an N/A class and power adder class.
I would guess same as the V8 stock: STOCK V8: Any V8 Camaro. CAI and/or Catback only, are allowed. No Headers, tune, engine modifications. (Street tires will consist of OE radials or any DOT street compound radial, regardless of size. Tire must have a 200+ treadwear rating to fit into this class)

Since most LLTs that race have headers and a tune which would put them out of the stock class, maybe an N/A and power adder class?? Just trying think of issues before the fest. How about some V6 feedback maybe to help the Admins out.

mlee 01-15-2017 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by etmx183 (Post 9506864)
What would be the "stock" classification ( IE: no tune, stock tires, stock exhaust, etc or No internal mods, just bolt-ons and N/A? ) if it even happens for the V6s. Could a car run 2 classes at this event if the power adder is removed and than reinstalled. Just asking because I have done this at other races where there is an N/A class and power adder class.
I would guess same as the V8 stock: STOCK V8: Any V8 Camaro. CAI and/or Catback only, are allowed. No Headers, tune, engine modifications. (Street tires will consist of OE radials or any DOT street compound radial, regardless of size. Tire must have a 200+ treadwear rating to fit into this class)

Since most LLTs that race have headers and a tune which would put them out of the stock class, maybe an N/A and power adder class?? Just trying think of issues before the fest. How about some V6 feedback maybe to help the Admins out.

We will not have 2 V6 classes unless enough show up. Stock is stock. Headers, tune and more go in the modified. If we split them up.

And YES there will be a V6 and an I4 class.

Evil-Bee-NH 01-15-2017 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlee (Post 9506937)
We will not have 2 V6 classes unless enough show up. Stock is stock. Headers, tune and more go in the modified. If we split them up.

And YES there will be a V6 and an I4 class.

Haha good man. Maybe us I4's can have fun running with the V6's if time and attendance allows.

mlee 01-15-2017 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH (Post 9506985)
Haha good man. Maybe us I4's can have fun running with the V6's if time and attendance allows.

Absolutely.... FUN is what this is all about. There will be plenty of time to line up against anyone you want.

Test and Tune sessions (practice) will go on and off all day long so you can get lots of runs. Especially on Friday. Saturday afternoon is Eliminations and there will still be opportunity. If the final races get over early then the track is again wide open.

Bottom line is have fun and learn your car. This is not big time serious racing except maybe for a couple of classes. It's a learning experience for most.

1st time Drag Strip runs are highly encouraged. THIS is the place to do it among friends who can give good advice.

Evil-Bee-NH 01-15-2017 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlee (Post 9507002)
Absolutely.... FUN is what this is all about. There will be plenty of time to line up against anyone you want.

Test and Tune sessions (practice) will go on and off all day long so you can get lots of runs. Especially on Friday. Saturday afternoon is Eliminations and there will still be opportunity. If the final races get over early then the track is again wide open.

Bottom line is have fun and learn your car. This is not big time serious racing except maybe for a couple of classes. It's a learning experience for most.

1st time Drag Strip runs are highly encouraged. THIS is the place to do it among friends who can give good advice.

A question I had stemming from the posts I read about last Fest is I bought into both the 2-day racer and show'n'shine are we allowed to park our cars at our show'n'shine spot in between runs for the day and how well will the class announcing be I heard lot of people got frustrated not hearing their class called.

mlee 01-15-2017 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH (Post 9507078)
A question I had stemming from the posts I read about last Fest is I bought into both the 2-day racer and show'n'shine are we allowed to park our cars at our show'n'shine spot in between runs for the day and how well will the class announcing be I heard lot of people got frustrated not hearing their class called.

Yes, you will have your spot to park in and yes it is hard to hear but we hope to remedy some of that with different locations and most of all a drivers meeting each morning to let everyone know how it will go so they are ready.

I have no idea how someone can drag race and then do a car show but I know you all work hard at it. LOL

Evil-Bee-NH 01-15-2017 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlee (Post 9507118)
Yes, you will have your spot to park in and yes it is hard to hear but we hope to remedy some of that with different locations and most of all a drivers meeting each morning to let everyone know how it will go so they are ready.

I have no idea how someone can drag race and then do a car show but I know you all work hard at it. LOL

LOL, it's fun but mostly the car show spot is so I can park next to my guys and chill.

mlee 01-15-2017 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH (Post 9507191)
LOL, it's fun but mostly the car show spot is so I can park next to my guys and chill.

I knew we should have charged more for those...:lol:

Ace0751 01-15-2017 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlee (Post 9507200)

Hidden fee!!! :scared0016:

etmx183 01-15-2017 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH (Post 9506985)

I'm always up for a fun run. I'd be happy to line up with an I4 Those already amaze me on how fast they are. Glad to see some coming out.

Evil-Bee-NH 01-15-2017 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by etmx183 (Post 9507223)
I'm always up for a fun run. I'd be happy to line up with an I4 Those already amaze me on how fast they are. Glad to see some coming out.

It's a deal then. I don't expect to be amazing I haven't dragged in over 5 years now and even then only once before with my bone stock 2011 2LS Camaro. But every experience can and will improve my abilities I spose and what better place to learn then at a friendly all Camaro event.

Evil-Bee-NH 01-15-2017 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlee (Post 9507200)

LOL, happy I got in beforehand now lol. Nah I just wanna park with the other 4 guys i'm coming down with plus whoever else. I feel safer leaving my excess gear with them then in a random spot.

RubyCamaro 01-15-2017 07:18 PM

Guess I'll be hanging with my racing friends this year.

hrpiii 01-16-2017 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RubyCamaro (Post 9507344)
Guess I'll be hanging with my racing friends this year.

Yes you will.