Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Convertible Forum (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=133)
-   -   2011 Camaro convertible (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=393928)

JSTRAMIT 01-29-2015 07:38 PM

2011 Camaro convertible

Hey Folks

I am looking at putting an offer on a 2011 vert SS/RS package. The Car currently has 26,000 km. They are asking $30,988 Canadian . I am hoping to get some advice on what to offer. There will be 13 percent tax added to the price. The dealer has had the car for over 6 months on there Lot. I was considering offering 32,500 including tax.

Thank you

taf21979 01-29-2015 08:52 PM

Wow 13% that's crazy but for that price I think you can find an 12 or 13 without The top issues.

NYCamOwner 01-30-2015 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by taf21979 (Post 8201745)
Wow 13% that's crazy but for that price I think you can find an 12 or 13 without The top issues.

:amen:

You can do better than that. I think that price is too high to pay for a 4 year old car.

classicrockr 01-30-2015 06:13 AM

You're better off staying away from the 12's altogether....mine is STILL having issues because nobody really has a clue on how to properly reinstall. This last round they put the top on tto tight. The dealership service rep even told me "you're probably going to have to bring it back after 1 month so we can send it back to the top shop & have it loosened up, but GM says you must go 1 month without putting the top down so it can adjust properly"

'11 cyber grey vert 01-30-2015 06:20 AM

OP, you would be better off posting this question in the CANADA section...

most folks in the USA don't know that we pay alot more for cars here.So the brand new cars cost more initially and that is reflected in the resale prices.

When I purchased my 5th gen, I could have gotten a 2SS/RS in the usa for the same price that we pay for a 2LT/RS (at that time)...I did not purchase from the USA as GM (along with other manufacturers) don't honour the new car warranty for a period of time,along with some minor modifications that would be necessary to legally license it here.And with the top problems I have had, it was a good thing that I didn't...Top problems now seem to be solved.Would I have enjoyed the rumble of the extra 2 cylinders...of course...

Try looking up the value on Canadian Black Book and also compare to similar vehicles on autotrader.ca, You can then get an average price...I would play a bit of hardball with the dealer on price...They have had it on their lot for a long time and it is winter here, so not too many buyers for a convertible right now.I would think it is the wrong time of year for them to sell the car and the right time for a buyer to purchase the car.

Your thinking re price seems to be correct...get a price in mind, stick to your guns...They have a price they need/want to get because of what they paid for it at trade in, but at this time of year, I would think you would be in a better position for negotiations....GOOD LUCK!!

taf21979 01-30-2015 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by '11 cyber grey vert (Post 8202205)
OP, you would be better off posting this question in the CANADA section...

most folks in the USA don't know that we pay alot more for cars here.So the brand new cars cost more initially and that is reflected in the resale prices.

When I purchased my 5th gen, I could have gotten a 2SS/RS in the usa for the same price that we pay for a 2LT/RS (at that time)...I did not purchase from the USA as GM (along with other manufacturers) don't honour the new car warranty for a period of time,along with some minor modifications that would be necessary to legally license it here.And with the top problems I have had, it was a good thing that I didn't...Top problems now seem to be solved.Would I have enjoyed the rumble of the extra 2 cylinders...of course...

Try looking up the value on Canadian Black Book and also compare to similar vehicles on autotrader.ca, You can then get an average price...I would play a bit of hardball with the dealer on price...They have had it on their lot for a long time and it is winter here, so not too many buyers for a convertible right now.I would think it is the wrong time of year for them to sell the car and the right time for a buyer to purchase the car.

Your thinking re price seems to be correct...get a price in mind, stick to your guns...They have a price they need/want to get because of what they paid for it at trade in, but at this time of year, I would think you would be in a better position for negotiations....GOOD LUCK!!

Good info. You learn something new everyday,well at least I try to.:thumbup:

JSTRAMIT 01-30-2015 07:10 PM

Hello

Thanks i have been on auto trader and the majority of the cars are priced higher or they have way more KM on them . I check the black book trade in value was around 26000 to 28500. I thought of trying to offer 32000 all in . The car is in great shape. The top appears to be in great shape. I have also noticed a ton on V6 convertibles on auto trader .

KickerZ71 01-30-2015 07:25 PM

Are you in New Brunswick

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JSTRAMIT 01-30-2015 07:42 PM

No I am in Ajax which is about 20 min outside of Toronto

KickerZ71 01-30-2015 07:46 PM

When you said 13% tax I assume pd you were in NB
Here's. Compatible at my local dealer
http://www.lounsburybathurst.com/Veh...-NB/2257371593

JSTRAMIT 01-30-2015 07:50 PM

yes i seen this one . The one i am looking at also has the factory skirt package as well. I am not sure what the cost of the shirt package was for this car.

JSTRAMIT 01-30-2015 07:55 PM

Here is the link to the dealer website

http://www.addisononeglinton.com/Veh...-ON/2301182503

KickerZ71 01-30-2015 08:03 PM

It's nice. I bought my convertible in February. My test drive was basically 5 km but I just couldn't pass on the deal
Never regretted it since, I parked it under the car port with its cover and waited for spring. In New Brunswick spring takes a long time to get here, put 10k on it so far

JSTRAMIT 01-30-2015 08:11 PM

well i am hoping to get a deal when i go to the dealer.