Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Halo Headlamps WITHOUT RS for the 2SS FROM FACTORY? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142267)

gglefty 04-19-2011 09:29 PM

Halo Headlamps WITHOUT RS for the 2SS FROM FACTORY?

First, I AM NOT INTERESTED IN RETROFITTING. My question is simple. Does anyone know if:

1. I can order a new 2SS from the factory with the halo headlights (No RS Package)?. If so, anyone know how much?

2. Can dealers can install the halo headlights on the 2SS? If so, any idea how much it costs?

THe issue is, I want to get the 2SS but I HATE the way the standard headlights look, and don't want to pay $1,200 just for some freaking headlights. I also don't want to retrofit myself.

Thanks in advance y'all.

DroptopZ 04-19-2011 09:30 PM

I'm sure the dealer or a reputable shop could install factory halos, but you can't order JUST the halos from GM. You would have to go aftermarket or get replacement OEM parts and have them installed. I know a lot of members on here have done so... and I would imagine being that they are a GM part, a GM dealer would install them.... :)

FenwickHockey65 04-19-2011 09:30 PM

You're paying for more than just headlights with the RS package...

And no, I don't believe you can.

Big Brunsy 04-19-2011 09:32 PM

you can buy the RS headlights and have them installed in the non RS car.....but that would cost more than just buying the RS package.

camaro2lt 04-19-2011 09:32 PM

First of all welcome to Camaro5! You do have to buy the RS package to get the headlighs if i were you i would just buy the rs package the rs package includes darker tail lights body color roof ditch molding and SS emblems in red plus if you would have to get them installed by your dealer they are gonna charge you way more than $1,200 due to labor and parts!

hope this helped

richie

mulehead7 04-19-2011 09:33 PM

Welcome to Camaro5. The dealer can install the halo's for $1,200. They have it done at the factory! Go ahead and get the RS package. If you are going for the 2SS what's another $1200? The lights are great if you are older and have trouble seeing. The lights are great if you are younger and want to be cool. The lights are great if you are middle age, too.

vinman 04-19-2011 09:46 PM

The lights are just great:laughabove:

XtremeHeartbeat 04-19-2011 09:57 PM

I was just at the dealer today for warrenty issues w/ my halo's, but the service advisor almost fell over when he saw the price of the one headlight... it was over $1100, and they had ordered left and right headlights for me, around $22-2300.

gglefty 04-19-2011 10:08 PM

First of all, thanks to all for the replies. Sounds like I gotta go with the RS package. I'm getting a convertible, so no need for the roof molding, and the 2SS already has the 20" wheels, but I guess it's worth it nevertheless. Thanks again.

FenwickHockey65 04-19-2011 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gglefty (Post 3116388)
First of all, thanks to all for the replies. Sounds like I gotta go with the RS package. I'm getting a convertible, so no need for the roof molding, and the 2SS already has the 20" wheels, but I guess it's worth it nevertheless. Thanks again.

Ah, but you will also get the AM/FM radio antenna integrated into the rear spoiler and a body-color shark fin XM antenna. Without it you would have a standard whip antenna and a black shark fin.

clg_98ta 04-20-2011 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 (Post 3116223)
You're paying for more than just headlights with the RS package...

With the SS you're really only paying for the headlights (plus whatever it costs to paint the ditch molding. The rest of the stuff you get is zero-cost changes i.e. wheels, taillamps and badges.

And no you can't get the hid/halo's w/o the RS package. And adding them afterwards will cost more than $1300 if you use GM parts...

newmoon 04-20-2011 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XtremeHeartbeat (Post 3116338)
I was just at the dealer today for warrenty issues w/ my halo's, but the service advisor almost fell over when he saw the price of the one headlight... it was over $1100, and they had ordered left and right headlights for me, around $22-2300.

Dam I hope those don't go out after the warranty expires.

BlueDragonVT 04-20-2011 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Brunsy (Post 3116230)
you can buy the RS headlights and have them installed in the non RS car.....but that would cost more than just buying the RS package.

+1

You cannot order halos without the RS Package, and having the dealer install them after the fact will cost more that the RS Package price.

destroyerofu2 04-20-2011 10:13 AM

dealers wont install them because the wireing is diff
they just wont work (dif clips and conectors)
only way is after market
wish mine came with the rs package. (stupid me bought it off the lot as is 2ss non rs)
but i got the best color Infreno Orange Matalic!!!!