Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Camaro changes - Aqua Blue and Transformers Edition to end; high wing spoiler; hurst (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48563)

wer2foxs 10-25-2009 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1sickss (Post 1088651)
my build date is the week of 10/26, actually tomorrow, is this gonna affect the production time for me???

From what the thread reads the constraint will start after 10/29. Sounds like yours just gets squeaked in just in time! Congrats!

1sickss 10-25-2009 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wer2foxs (Post 1088826)
From what the thread reads the constraint will start after 10/29. Sounds like yours just gets squeaked in just in time! Congrats!

sweeettt i cant wait any longer i ordered it 2 months ago and have been going crazy waiting for it!!!!!!!:mad0259:

null_x86 10-25-2009 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by null_x86 (Post 1088326)
Ok, so when is the latest that GM will take an order with the Transformers Package on it? January 7th right?

:iono::iono::iono:
Need to know

camaro5 10-25-2009 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by null_x86 (Post 1089170)
:iono::iono::iono:
Need to know

As the next Camaro special edition ramps up, production of the current Camaro TRANSFORMERS Special Edition package (RPO: CTH) will end.

The last weekly DOSP cycle to submit an order with the TRANSFORMERS Special Edition package will be the cycle that begins on

Thursday, January 7, 2010, and ends on Tuesday, January 12, 2010.

surfaholic 10-26-2009 08:24 AM

Welcome to Chevrolet.com. Please wait while we find an agent to assist you...
You have been connected to Veronica T.
Veronica T: Hi! How may I help you?
chris: hello veronica
chris: i had ordered a aqua blue metallic camaro and have heard that color is being discontinued...is that true?
Veronica T: Yes, this is correct. The Blue Metallic color will only be available for a few more weeks. At this time there is no set time as to when it will no longer be available.
Veronica T: I apologize, there is an update on this.
Veronica T: The Aqua Blue Metallic exterior color will end production for the Chevrolet Camaro the week of November 30, 2009. The last time to order this color will be November 10, 2009.
chris: wow ok thank you
Veronica T: Is there anything else I can help you with today?
chris: no that would be all
Veronica T: Thanks for visiting Chevrolet.com!
chris: thank you very much
Veronica T: You are welcome.
Thank you for contacting Chevrolet. You may now close this window.
Your session has ended. You may now close this window

null_x86 10-26-2009 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camaro5 (Post 1089177)
As the next Camaro special edition ramps up, production of the current Camaro TRANSFORMERS Special Edition package (RPO: CTH) will end.

The last weekly DOSP cycle to submit an order with the TRANSFORMERS Special Edition package will be the cycle that begins on

Thursday, January 7, 2010, and ends on Tuesday, January 12, 2010.

Ok, thats what I figured... just needed to get that confirmed, at least I know i need to place my order asap!

Camaro_Corvette 10-26-2009 09:14 AM

Quote:

High Wing Spoiler Cancelled
Due to a number of issues, the dealer installed High Wing Spoiler (LPO code: 5V5) will be cancelled for the 2010 model year. If all goes well, the High Wing Spoiler will be introduced in the 2011 model year.
:facepalm:

MeagsMom 10-26-2009 01:08 PM

Were/are the Transformers Editions numbered? Meaning, would we be able to tell if we were number 1 or 1500 when it's all said and done?

MeagsMom 10-26-2009 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrumDawg (Post 1082661)
I thought about this yellow color thing long and hard. I really believe that Rally Yellow is nicer looking than sunrise yellow. If Bumblebee had been Rally Yellow and Chevy only offered sunrise yellow.....people would be saying the opposite. Rally Yellow rocks! :thumbsup: If I wanted orange, I would have bought an orange car.

I second that! I love my Rally Yellow!

xcamaro 10-26-2009 06:35 PM

Has anyone heard the reason for discontinuing the Aqua Marine Blue? My salesman admitted thinking it would not be a nice looking car when I ordered mine.

Mohrg Beast 10-26-2009 10:37 PM

"quote didnt quote right" quoting about "will they be coming out with a green car"

if you guys want a gorgeous green for a camaro i would go with the same green i have for my racing stripes..it is absolutely beautiful..the pictures do it no justice cause in person it shimmers and changes colors,not dramatically like chameleon, and looks great. it is actualy two different greens..the base green is INDY green which gives the color its shimmering metallic look and the top coat is SHAMROCK green which gives it the diamond and pearl color changing effect..i was thinking hard, after seeing how nice it looked for racing stripes, about just painting the whole car that color..still might someday.. but that would be the best green they could put on the camaro by far..just like if they went for a pink color they should use Pinks pink on her two tone black/pink car..cause pics do her car no justice either..in person her pink actually looks 10 times nicer and more radiant. in my opinion.

also i just walked right up to a random dealership that id never been to before when these cars first came out and got my camaro..even the way i wanted it..there are tons of camaros just sitting around at dealerships here in west virginia..i know one dealership that is a really good one in this area that always has 6 to 10 at any given time. if you guys would like i could look around for whatever camaro you want and you could probably come and just pick it up here without having to wait..i dont understand why people are placing orders for them???are you guys getting extra stuff and having them done exactly the way you wanted??? cause if so i know of a bunch of guys that are ordering them just the way they come even though they know for a fact that the exact car they are ordering is just right down the street from them. they said they just wanted to order the car instead..so people like that is why its taking soo long on preorders..they are just taking up space..

and for the cold air intake. i have one of the C5 ones i bought from ebay..it was $500 and it makes my car sound incredible and adds a ton more power (from what i can feel, no spread sheets or dynos to prove that.) but i drive my car everday and i can notice a considerably higher boost in performance than before the cai. so i wouldnt worry at all about GM's. it took less than five minutes to install and even came with a differnt cold air sensor that is supposed to add more HP.all in all the description of the product said that it would add 20HP, im not sure if it did or not but it sure feels faster and meaner. and its a V6 too. anyway if you guys would like for me to check for availability on some maros for you all i can certainly do so no problem.

Mohrg Beast 10-26-2009 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XPUPUSTAINSX (Post 1083165)
read this thread and only then will all ur questions will have answers.......

I wounder what the value of my Trans edition will go up too.

the car you have as your avatar is exactly how im wanting mine to look like, but with my paint scheme.and rims.

surfaholic 10-26-2009 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xcamaro (Post 1092401)
Has anyone heard the reason for discontinuing the Aqua Marine Blue? My salesman admitted thinking it would not be a nice looking car when I ordered mine.

As per shelley a GM customer service representative...they are stopping aqua blue metallic to make way for SYNERGY GREEN, special edition color for SEMA!!!

As long as i get my ABM before they stop it:w00t:

SamSS 10-27-2009 03:30 AM

Wait... so what's going to be the new special edition for the Camaro's when they stop producing the Transformers package?