Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Suspension / Brakes / Chassis (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Pedders Camaro was the fastest Camaro at the Optima Challenge! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51203)

Info@PeddersUSA.com 11-08-2009 01:31 PM

Pedders Camaro was the fastest Camaro at the Optima Challenge!

Pedders Camaro was the fastest Camaro at the Optima Challenge by a significant amount. The quote from the driver says the setup was perfect! Stay tuned

More to come once all the numbers are officially posted!

Watch this video of Paul driving on the autocross and being chased by a ZR1 on the track. Noitce the serious control and lack of body role going flat out, as well as the fore/aft balance where there is no lift or dive. Then notice the ZR!. It has more body role that the Pedders Camaro

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myksIzDGNHw

thanks
mike
dms

alssiri 11-08-2009 02:14 PM

:thumbsup:

Ahmad

Beauwulf 11-08-2009 03:19 PM

The car looks awesome! Are you running 19" wheels?

Rob@WretchedMS 11-08-2009 05:42 PM

Yes, 19" with Bridgestone RE-11s

Beauwulf 11-08-2009 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob@WretchedMS (Post 1148777)
Yes, 19" with Bridgestone RE-11s

Cool... do you mind giving out the sizes.. wheels and tires?

IPS Brandon 11-09-2009 03:05 PM

how much power does this car make?

Also what is the total cost of all the suspension pieces.

Info@PeddersUSA.com 11-09-2009 03:34 PM

Here is the data on Pete's suspension:

305-30R19 all 4 corners
10.5 wide wheels from Forgeline

Here is the Justice Pete Camaro package

CAMARO JUSTICE PETE XA TRACK EXTREME
SPECIAL NOTE: Racing Helmit and Driving Suit Not Included!!
Part # Pedders Component Price
160086 Camaro eXtreme Xa Multi Adjustable Coilover Kit By Pedders with 8kg/mm Front and 10kg/mm Rear Coil Rates $1,449.99
EP1167HD REAR ZETA HD DIFFERENTIAL BUSHING KIT $138.36
EP1201 CAMARO TOTAL REAR SUB FRAME BUSHING REPLACEMENT $449.03
EP2112 Zeta Steering Rack Bush $26.25
EP6577 CAMARO Front Radius Rod Bushing $198.59
EP7322 Camaro Rear Control arm - Upper inner rear. Possibly being updated $96.20
EP7264 Zeta rear lower control arm inner $96.20
EP7323 Zeta Camaro Rear Toe, and trailing arm links in and out. $96.20
PDUSACAMFULL CAMARO REAR EXTENDED CAMBER, TOE ADJUSTERS, FRONT CASTER ECCENTRICS & CAMBER ADJUSTERS $210.00
CAMAROSOLUTIONC 27MM FR. & 32MM REAR SWAY BAR WITH 4 ADJUSTABLE ENDLINKS Larger HD end links require enlarging mounting holes. Special Note: The 32mm sway bar is a Track ready bar and should only be installed on vehicles driven by SCCA or NASA qualified drivers. This bar may be set up to induce oversteer! $649.98
CAMARO JUSTICE PETE XA TRACK EXTREME PARTS TOTAL $3,699.40

Menu System Discount Estimate $449.91
SCCA and NASA Drivers Note:
We offer alternative coils for those trained drivers that feel they need coil rate changes. The Xa coils for the Camaro are 8 front and 10 rear kg/mm. Also the Pedders SOLUTIONC sway bar kit is a SERIOUS sway bar that, if the vehicle is set up wrong, excess oversteer may occur. We recommend this kit only for SCCA and NASA certified drivers.

Menu System Discount Adjusted Parts Total $3,249.49

For those of you who drop your Camaros a lot, keep in mind there is a very high possibility you will not get your rear cambers to a desired level. There is not enough throw on the eccentrics. Also the front caster is not adjustable. We have a kit that makes it adjustable plus increases front caster as well.

The 27mm front and 32mm rear bar is a seriously aggressive setup and if incorrectly set up, will induce oversteer. This is why we only want sway bar setup for the trained driver.

If you have any more questions, just ask

mike
dms

Beauwulf 11-09-2009 06:21 PM

Thanks Mike! So, was this a "tail happy" setup where you need 500HP to get it around or will a lesser amount (say 350 HP V6) do as well?

How much for the wheels and tires?

Info@PeddersUSA.com 11-09-2009 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beauwulf (Post 1152836)
Thanks Mike! So, was this a "tail happy" setup where you need 500HP to get it around or will a lesser amount (say 350 HP V6) do as well?

How much for the wheels and tires?

Thru the twisties, the advantage of Pedders is not hp, but control and matching suspension setup to the tires, to the driver's abilities. A really aggressive setup will work just fine on a stock v6. Having higher hp, does give you additional advantages on certain to the seriously high talented driver who knows how to drift and elects to do a controlled drift thru a corner. Also be advised the Solution C sway bar is not for everyone. If improperly setup, it can introduce a oversteer that a untrained driver may not know how to deal with. Our Solution B package would be a better setup for the novice.

mike
dms

Info@PeddersUSA.com 11-09-2009 09:10 PM

To give more data, we do not want to run our Pedders Camaro on a high speed coarse. The Pedders Camaro has the ability to fly to 175mph. But she does not have a 5 point harness nor a role cage. So we will choose coarses that are very technical. 135-140mph area, a drop in the bucket and easy to handle and deal with. Keep in mind, the Pedders Camaro is a daily driver, used to pick up the kids at school. Most of the vehicles at the Optima Challenge cannot say the same. Many competitive vehicles there were not suppose to shave the tires but it is blatantly obvious thsy did. Many were running the Hoozer tires that are in fact DOT rated, but if you go to their site, they will say they are all out track tires and are not to be driven on the street. The top 2-3 vehicles were flat out full role cage race cars and in no way were streetable cars like the Pedders Camaro. But the tests were what they were. The Pedders Camaro was by far the fastest Camaro there by over 7 seconds and it was a fairly low speed track that was more technical than high speed. Therefore power was of little influence, but suspension and tire set up was critical. a 6-7 second advantage is a lifetime on a race coarse. Without a doubt, our numbers will prove that the Pedders setup, direction, and influence is by far second to none in the Camaro Community

mike
dms

YancyJohns 11-09-2009 09:26 PM

Very Nice Car! It really hauled *ss. It was great to see Indy 500 driver Paul Tracey drive the car!:w00t:

Question:

Why was it announced it was a Fessler/Moss Camaro?

What were your times in the autocross, road course and 0-60-0?

Info@PeddersUSA.com 11-09-2009 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YancyJohns (Post 1153838)
Very Nice Car! It really hauled *ss. It was great to see Indy 500 driver Paul Tracey drive the car!:w00t:

Question:

Why was it announced it was a Fessler/Moss Camaro?

What were your times in the autocross, road course and 0-60-0?

We were in the Fesler bopoth, thus a Fesler vehicle. We are waiting for the official times. They have not posted the times yet

mike
dms

Nick Licata 11-10-2009 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dms (Post 1148162)
Pedders Camaro was the fastest Camaro at the Optima Challenge by a significant amount. The quote from the driver says the setup was perfect! Stay tuned

Having Paul Tracy at the wheel doesn't hurt, either. The car sounded great too.

Nick L.

JoshJ81 11-10-2009 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IPS Brandon (Post 1151976)
how much power does this car make?

From what I understand from other posts about this car, the whole power/drive train is bone stock? This car is a pure beast just off of suspension updates, correct? That is what I love about this Camaro and as soon as I can get my wife to see that LOL I'll hit up Pedders soon.

red_racer2 11-10-2009 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dms (Post 1153738)
To give more data, wqe do not want to run our Pedders Camaro on a high speed coarse. The Pedders Camaro has the ability to fly to 175mph. But she does not have a 5 point harness nor a role cage. So we will choose coarses that are very technical. 135-140mph arem a drop in the bucket and easy to handle and deal with. Keep in mind, the Pedders Camaro is a daily driver, used to pick up the kids at school. Most of the vehicles at the Optima Challenge cannot say the same. Many competitive vew3hicles there were not suppose to shavew the tires but it is blatantly obvious thsy did. Many were running the Hoozer tires that are in fact DOT rated, bgut if you go to their site, they will say they are all out track tires and are not to be driven on the street. The top 2-3 vehicles were flat out full role cage race cars and in no way were streetable cars like the Pedders Camaro. But the tests were what they were. The Pedders Camnaro qwas by far the fastest Camaro there by over 7 seconds and it was a farily low speed track that was more technical than high speed. Therefore power was of little influence, but suspension and tire set up was critical. a 6-7 second advantage is a lifetime on a race coarse. Without a doubt, our numbers will priove that the Pedders setup, direction, and influence is by far second to none in the Camaro Community

mike
dms

Mike,

I dont want to rain on your parade but the pedders time for the road coarse I believe was 1:54 with a professional driver and I believe there was a camaro that ran 1:56 without a professional driver and alot less HP and less suspension upgrades than yours... YES you were the fastest but you also had the most HP, full suspension setup and a professional driver did help too. Just my 2 cents....

DarkNight 11-10-2009 09:46 AM

Just the FACTS

Quote:

Originally Posted by red_racer2 (Post 1155374)
Mike,

I dont want to rain on your parade but the pedders time for the road coarse I believe was 1:54 with a professional driver and I believe there was a camaro that ran 1:56 without a professional driver and alot less HP and less suspension upgrades than yours... YES you were the fastest but you also had the most HP, full suspension setup and a professional driver did help too. Just my 2 cents....

:laughabove: Just the facts................

I believe that the Camaro that ran 1:56 was also driven by a NASA National winner in 2008..........IMO, No supercharger and only drop springs & swaybars, on stock PZeros...........:iono:

JusticePete 11-10-2009 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by red_racer2 (Post 1155374)
Mike,

I don't want to rain on your parade but the Pedders time for the road coarse I believe was 1:54 with a professional driver and I believe there was a Camaro that ran 1:56 without a professional driver and a lot less HP and less suspension upgrades than yours... YES you were the fastest but you also had the most HP, full suspension setup and a professional driver did help too. Just my 2 cents....

You can't rain on our parade and may I ask why you would want to?

Our lap times were 1.50s. based on what you posted, that make use 6 seconds faster, not two. You should also know that the track is a technical track that rewards handling and not RWHP. We don't need more RWHP to be faster, we need race style slicks to put down the power out of the turns and to show off how much more capable the car really is.

The ONLY modifications to the Pedders car were Pedders suspension, ProCharger off the shelf kit, brake pads for the OEM caliper and rotors, tires and wheels.

Paul Tracy did not run in the general competition. Pedders ran in the exhibition class -- as in NO RULES. As for Paul not being involved in the build per the rules, Stan Chris and Paul are all people that I use for R & D for both technical and driving expertise. All three are part of the Pedders technical TEAM and the Pedders car is our R & D car. It was built for no other reason than to take the car well past the limits of the most capable amateur driver. That is why we use professionals for our testing. They are better than we are or at least they are better than I am.

Our limiting factors are tires and wheels. There is easily another 4 seconds in running Hoosiers and a good big brake package would be worth at least another second. When the times are available I believe we will be the fourth or fifth fastest car at the event with EVERY car in front of us running a Hoosier like tire and holding at a minimum a 200 RWHP advantage as well as weight advantages as high as 1,800 pounds.

Bruce ran his 1966 Cobra with the largest rubber I have ever seen on a Cobra. Bruce has been racing since the 1960s and is the original owner. His NASCAR engine showed 850 HP on the dyno at 5K. The dyno only read up to 850 so the next 2,500 RPM were not measured. His guess is his car is 950 at the rear wheels. His time was I believe 3.5 seconds faster than our 1.50. Changing tires on our Camaro and nothing but tires, we should be faster.

As far as drivers, there are no real amateur drivers at this event. Many run their cars at Pro Touring events around the country. Many of the guys trailer their cars to and from the events and prep them like race cars. The top pro touring cars are more race car than street car. The drivers at this event are dialed in as are their cars.

I have never claimed to be a race car driver and have no intention of racing in NASA or the SCCA. I have a full time job running Pedders and doing R & D. I drive at a level that is sufficient to develop our suspension parts. When I need to take a car past my skill level I call upon one or more of my friends that are top flight race car drivers. I use Stan Wilson, Chris Brannon and Paul Tracy. I am rather pleased to say I have known them all for many years and they are more than willing to lend a hand when I need them.

Our Camaro is lethal fast street machine / race car. It is FAR MORE CAPABLE ON THE TRACK THAN I AM or dare I say most want-to-be race drivers like me. The key for us at the challenge is that we WERE NOT COMPETEING WITH THE OTHER 2010 CAMAROS. We came for the FTD on the track against cars tare far more valuable, have far more RWHP, have been dialed in on race track for years that run race car parts. We failed in that effort -- less than four seconds off the pace.

If you would like to know why we don't run D.O.T. legal slicks, it is because we have a relationship with Bridgestone. When I have a partner I support my partner. Since we ended up some where in between 3rd and 5th on the road course I'll take my lumps for not winning the event flat out. I'll also take pride in hearing words that no builder or crew chief ever has from a driver as skilled and successful as Paul Tracy.

After the practice session.

Pete: Paul, how was the car.
Paul: The car is good.
Pete: Is it pushing?
Paul: No.
Pete: Is it oversteering?
Paul: No.
Pete: Do we need to adjust the damping or tire pressures?
Pete: What a minute. I want everyone to here this because it has never happened before in the history of Indy car racing. Did you just say the car needs no adjustment? That it is good as is, the way my wife drives the kids to school?
:w00t: :thumbsup: :thumbup:

The guys from Pfadt are first class people. I want no part of any forum flames with them. They make a fine product. If you like it, buy it and know you bought high quality goods. That said, at Spring Mountain on Saturday, November 7, 2009 the best handling 2010 Camaro on the track was the Pedders Camaro by a substantial margin. It was the most controlled and composed car of the 2010 Camaros, just as we have said on this forum. Paul Tracy drove the wheels off it. Paul Tracy jumped corners, jumped the strip on the front straight at speed and stunned the crowd as the car stayed controlled and predictable. The harder you drive a car, the more likely you are to find flaws. Paul Tracy found none with the suspension.

That is why I brought Paul Tracy. He is a far better driver than I am. I never walk on a track for any but these two reasons and they are always the same two reason:

1. Continuous R & D to make our Street parts better. Development never ends.

2. Pedders will show well as defined by being the best car on the track.

We ALWAYS accomplish #1 and frequently accomplish #2. I will have Paul Tracy driving a car for me at the Optima Challenge next year. His requests for next year are simple and straight forward.

1. Get me on D.O.T. legal slicks.
2. Get me better brakes.

With no other changes we think we will be the fastest car at the event. There will be a third change for next year. Pedders will bring a a Mustang as well.

Being in a constant R & D mode to always refine and improve our product we learned from the Optima Challenge and will make a revision to our product. Down shifting hard in the corners, dropping gears into red line range as you rapidly work through the gears while braking did generate a bit of rear end step out that Paul described as slight oversteer. ONLY a driver of Paul's skill level could generate this condition -- machine gunning though the gears while braking. WELL DONE PT! We will address this with a new part number in a matter of weeks. Now had I driven the car or had Chris Brannon driven the car we would never have found this flaw. Guess what? I doubt anyone on this forum new this quirk existed, even in a fully Pedderised Camaro though light years better than stock, because I doubt anyone on this forum drives as well as Paul Tracy.

We chase excellence every time we test and test every time we track, to keep raising the bar -- FOR OUR STREET PARTS. Pedders doesn't make race car parts. We make STREET PARTS THAT JUST HAPPEN TO PERFROM WELL ON THE TRACK. Our goal is to keep about 90% of the OEM ride with 90% of race car handling. Next year, look for our street parts to be the fastest car overall on the road course at the Optima Challenge as well as the most comfortable to drive every day on the street.

Bruce@raymondsperformance 11-10-2009 04:43 PM

That was nice to see,as a new pedders dealer .We can't wait to get our Pedders SERIOUS XA TRACK EXTREM kit put on our 2010 camaro and go check out some of those nasa boys.

RBD 11-10-2009 07:16 PM

Super job Pete !

Speed74SS 11-10-2009 07:23 PM

Pete - you are first class. I love reading your posts!! Great times out of an awesome car. I can't wait to get my sway bars.

Info@PeddersUSA.com 11-10-2009 09:17 PM

There will be some substantial reasons to use Pedders parts very soon., More to come on this.

Mike
dms

JusticePete 11-10-2009 10:45 PM

Take a good look at how the Pedderised Camaro compares to the ZR1 chase car.

fixxxer525 11-10-2009 11:36 PM

:barf: That was too SIC!

Doc 11-11-2009 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JusticePete (Post 1158716)
Take a good look at how the Pedderised Camaro compares to the ZR1 chase car.

Flat, balanced and stable...looking REAL good. Can't wait for you guys to make more parts and ship them to Mike Haddad so he can Pedderize my car! :D

Info@PeddersUSA.com 11-11-2009 01:22 AM

Watch this video of Paul driving on the autocross and being chased by a ZR1 on the track. Noitce the serious control and lack of body role going flat out, as well as the fore/aft balance where there is no lift or dive. Then notice the ZR!. It has more body role that the Pedders Camaro

mike
dms

YancyJohns 11-11-2009 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JusticePete (Post 1156719)
As far as drivers, there are no real amateur drivers at this event. Many run their cars at Pro Touring events around the country. Many of the guys trailer their cars to and from the events and prep them like race cars. The top pro touring cars are more race car than street car. The drivers at this event are dialed in as are their cars.

[/I].[/B]

When Paul/Pedders Camaro was behind us in the warm up laps and out on the track he was very impressive. I can't wait to see the official times. Trailors are for queens, I drove my 1970 Ford Fairlane over 2000 miles from TN and back and competed for a total of 4752 miles. As for dialed in, we just the car complete a week before and had 3 hours of dialed time. As for my 2010 Camaro, we had a great time competing. It was great to have two car in the Challenge!!!! Thanks again for bringing the Pedders Camaro out and watching Paul Tracey drive..:w00t:
http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/h...1107091045.jpg

YancyJohns 11-11-2009 01:11 PM

Scott from Air Ride/Ride Tech just posted this.....coooool...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Be72NzLgqE

dc5-s 11-11-2009 01:15 PM

any interior pictures?

dc5-s 11-11-2009 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dms (Post 1152096)
Here is the data on Pete's suspension:

305-30R19 all 4 corners
10.5 wide wheels from Forgeline

Here is the Justice Pete Camaro package

CAMARO JUSTICE PETE XA TRACK EXTREME
SPECIAL NOTE: Racing Helmit and Driving Suit Not Included!!
Part # Pedders Component Price
160086 Camaro eXtreme Xa Multi Adjustable Coilover Kit By Pedders with 8kg/mm Front and 10kg/mm Rear Coil Rates $1,449.99
EP1167HD REAR ZETA HD DIFFERENTIAL BUSHING KIT $138.36
EP1201 CAMARO TOTAL REAR SUB FRAME BUSHING REPLACEMENT $449.03
EP2112 Zeta Steering Rack Bush $26.25
EP6577 CAMARO Front Radius Rod Bushing $198.59
EP7322 Camaro Rear Control arm - Upper inner rear. Possibly being updated $96.20
EP7264 Zeta rear lower control arm inner $96.20
PDUSACAMFULL CAMARO REAR EXTENDED CAMBER, TOE ADJUSTERS, FRONT CASTER ECCENTRICS & CAMBER ADJUSTERS $210.00
CAMAROSOLUTIONC 27MM FR. & 32MM REAR SWAY BAR WITH 4 ADJUSTABLE ENDLINKS Larger HD end links require enlarging mounting holes. Special Note: The 32mm sway bar is a Track ready bar and should only be installed on vehicles driven by SCCA or NASA qualified drivers. This bar may be set up to induce oversteer! $649.98
CAMARO JUSTICE PETE XA TRACK EXTREME PARTS TOTAL $3,699.40

Menu System Discount Estimate $449.91
SCCA and NASA Drivers Note:
We offer alternative coils for those trained drivers that feel they need coil rate changes. The Xa coils for the Camaro are 8 front and 10 rear kg/mm. Also the Pedders SOLUTIONC sway bar kit is a SERIOUS sway bar that, if the vehicle is set up wrong, excess oversteer may occur. We recommend this kit only for SCCA and NASA certified drivers.

Menu System Discount Adjusted Parts Total $3,249.49

For those of you who drop your Camaros a lot, keep in mind there is a very high possibility you will not get your rear cambers to a desired level. There is not enough throw on the eccentrics. Also the front caster is not adjustable. We have a kit that makes it adjustable plus increases front caster as well.

The 27mm front and 32mm rear bar is a seriously aggressive setup and if incorrectly set up, will induce oversteer. This is why we only want sway bar setup for the trained driver.

If you have any more questions, just ask

mike
dms

if one was to purchase this entire kit, will you provide setup details? IE, the shock, sway bay, and alignment settings that are used on the demo car?

Info@PeddersUSA.com 11-11-2009 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dc5-s (Post 1160692)
if one was to purchase this entire kit, will you provide setup details? IE, the shock, sway bay, and alignment settings that are used on the demo car?

We will do that over the phone.

Questions to be asked are:
1. size of wheels and tires all 4 corners
2. Your driving habits, how will you drive your beast
3. How aggressive setup[ would you want? agressive street, autocross, road race, canyon driving
4. How sensitive are you 2 tire life.

thanks
mike
dms

Rob@WretchedMS 11-11-2009 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YancyJohns (Post 1160633)

thanks for posting,

Steve1968LS2 11-11-2009 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dms (Post 1153738)
To give more data, we do not want to run our Pedders Camaro on a high speed coarse. The Pedders Camaro has the ability to fly to 175mph. But she does not have a 5 point harness nor a role cage. So we will choose coarses that are very technical. 135-140mph area, a drop in the bucket and easy to handle and deal with. Keep in mind, the Pedders Camaro is a daily driver, used to pick up the kids at school. Most of the vehicles at the Optima Challenge cannot say the same. Many competitive vehicles there were not suppose to shave the tires but it is blatantly obvious thsy did. Many were running the Hoozer tires that are in fact DOT rated, but if you go to their site, they will say they are all out track tires and are not to be driven on the street. The top 2-3 vehicles were flat out full role cage race cars and in no way were streetable cars like the Pedders Camaro. But the tests were what they were. The Pedders Camaro was by far the fastest Camaro there by over 7 seconds and it was a fairly low speed track that was more technical than high speed. Therefore power was of little influence, but suspension and tire set up was critical. a 6-7 second advantage is a lifetime on a race coarse. Without a doubt, our numbers will prove that the Pedders setup, direction, and influence is by far second to none in the Camaro Community

mike
dms

Your joking about the "shaved tires" deal.. right?

The tire spec included BFG R1, Hoosier R6/A6 ... those tires don't need shaving.. lol -- you can't really complain that cars were running tires that were ok to run in the competition.. Personally I hope they move back to a real "street tire" next year, maybe a 200 treadwear or 100 treadwear like last year.

And it wasn't the fastest Camaro.. at least two '69 Camaros were faster ;)

Both of those '69s aren't "full roll cage cars".. they have roll bars (no cages) but are easily capable of being daily driving. Both the DSE '69 and the Jackass '69 have done long hauls on the Power Tour, so don't make it sound like they are some sort of race cars. That's just not fair.

Oh, can I borrow your driver next year?

Ok, now that I've busted you balls (in good fun).. I will say you car look killer going around that track.. nicely done and you have a VERY nice car!

Info@PeddersUSA.com 11-11-2009 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve1968LS2 (Post 1161066)

The tire spec included BFG R1, Hoosier R6/A6 ... those tires don't need shaving.. lol -- you can't really complain that cars were running tires that were ok to run in the competition.. Personally I hope they move back to a real "street tire" next year, maybe a 200 treadwear or 100 treadwear like last year.

Both of those '69s aren't "full roll cage cars".. they have roll bars (no cages) but are easily capable of being daily driving. Both the DSE '69 and the Jackass '69 have done long hauls on the Power Tour, so don't make it sound like they are some sort of race cars. That's just not fair.

Ok, now that I've busted you balls (in good fun).. I will say you car look killer going around that track.. nicely done and you have a VERY nice car!

We were not competing with anyone. But there were mutliple vehicles thate with shaved tires, which is against the rules. Our tires are performance street tires, and not DOT rated track tires, that the manufacturer on their web site say not intended for street use. The Pedders Camaro is a daily driver and is used to pick up the kids at school.

Paul is a consultant for us, and this was a great opportunity for him to drive it in a all out way and advise us. We are very happy with the way she handled and appeared. I still do not think we got the official times yet.

mike
dms

JusticePete 11-11-2009 04:00 PM

What Mike meant to say is we were the fastest 2010 Camaro at the event, but feel free to bust away. :chevy:

Steve1968LS2 11-11-2009 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dms (Post 1161226)
We were not competing with anyone. But there were mutliple vehicles thate with shaved tires, which is against the rules. Our tires are performance street tires, and not DOT rated track tires, that the manufacturer on their web site say not intended for street use. The Pedders Camaro is a daily driver and is used to pick up the kids at school.

Paul is a consultant for us, and this was a great opportunity for him to drive it in a all out way and advise us. We are very happy with the way she handled and appeared. I still do not think we got the official times yet.

mike
dms

Who had these "shaved tires" you mention???

Maybe you don't understand what a shaved tire is.. if so that's ok.. I just don't want people to get confused.

Your car was badass and Paul drove the crap out of it.. :w00t:

Steve1968LS2 11-11-2009 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JusticePete (Post 1161249)
What Mike meant to say is we were the fastest 2010 Camaro at the event, but feel free to bust away. :chevy:

lol... hey us "old Camaro" guys gotta keep you "new Camaro" guys in line..

And yes, I do believe you had the fastest 2010 times. You were in the exhibition class though, right?

Info@PeddersUSA.com 11-11-2009 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve1968LS2 (Post 1161340)
lol... hey us "old Camaro" guys gotta keep you "new Camaro" guys in line..

And yes, I do believe you had the fastest 2010 times. You were in the exhibition class though, right?

You are are correct. We were honest, and joined the exhibition class. The event was all about showing how the Pedders Camaro can handle. Paul did an exceptionally fine job of it. I especially enjoyed seeing the ZR1 behind it and not being able to follow the same line, and had a lot of understeer, and body role, compared to the Pedders Camaro. I do not know what the ZR1 had in terms of mods. I assume we can find out. I still have not heard the lap times and such. As far as I know the Pedders Camaro was in the top 3-4 fastest times. I do not think any of the top 3 could say their rides are totally streetable and would be used for daily driving to pick the kids up from school

mike
dms

mike
dms

Mr Twisty 11-11-2009 04:47 PM

Quote:

Good vid... Nice job on the Fairlane too :thumbsup:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve1968LS2 (Post 1161066)

Bad Penny, absolutely love it! Enough @ss kissin LOL... What did the 1st gen's weigh?

tones2SS 11-11-2009 05:45 PM

All those cars ripped it up.:drool::thumbsup:
I've seen videos of Steve's Penny and that thing is NASTY! DSE has some cars out there, as usual and ripped it up as well. I've seen Yancy's car in some of these videos. Jack Ass ripped from what I've seen. Fesler's 2010 Camaro moves out pretty good too! Someday I'll make it out there to SEMA and this Optima Challenge, either with a car or as a spectator!!
GOOD JOB GUYS!!:thumbsup::drinking:

PartsGedder 11-11-2009 06:01 PM

Quote:

Nice video. Thanks for the link.