Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   2011 SS - Should I Sell? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=563575)

Bml-bee 10-13-2019 02:07 AM

2011 SS - Should I Sell?

1 Attachment(s)
I currently own a yellow 2011 SS which looks almost brand new. I haven’t done any after market mods to it other than some lights, but I’m at about 80,000 miles now. I was lucky enough to have the camaro as my first car and at 26 now, I’m torn between selling it to get a 2020 Jeep Wrangler 4 door that I can use for work as the camaro is far too small and impractical for a construction site. I looked at trucks, but for the construction I’m doing (new home), I won’t need to be doing any hauling, and the Jeep has just the right amount of room (I’ve been using a 2010 JK 2 door off and on and it’s gotten the job done, but isn’t an option to use anymore). The Jeep is everything I would need for work, and would come with a warranty. The camaro on the other hand is just too small and makes me nervous I’ll get a nail in the tire just driving through the neighborhood.

I guess I’m just finding it hard to part ways with my camaro, and I’m curious if anyone else had this hard of a time letting go of their first car. I know the decision ultimately comes down to me, but is it worth it to tough it for a year or so, buy a wrangler down the road, and have 2 cars? Or is it time to send off bee for some new memories in a new Jeep?

Sadly, I’m looking to do this in the next week or so as I have a Jeep I found, I just have to actually go purchase it.

Any thoughts or comments would be greatly appreciated as I absolutely love this car but I’m not sure if keeping it is the right thing to do.

0stones0 10-13-2019 05:28 AM

As you said, it is ultimately your decision. You make a great case for why you need the Jeep but, it doesn’t sound like you want to miss not having the Camaro either. You are definitely between the “rock and a hard place”. Best of luck to you in your decision.

G8One2 10-13-2019 07:28 AM

Keep it, you'll regret selling it.

TheFlyingBananaSS 10-13-2019 07:41 AM

Why not have both? Problem solved. You're welcome.

lemontwist 10-13-2019 10:05 AM

jeeps are way over priced and buying new is not a good idea imo. look for something off lease or a 2year old trade-in you pay way less and don't get hammered in depreciation. i will never buy a brand new car again

xstuntman 10-13-2019 11:14 AM

A slightly used truck is way better than a new Jeep with loads of reliability issues. My first choice would be a Toyota and second an F150.

Chevy trucks have too many issues for me to consider them for a used vehicle.

Chrysler? :yikes:

Cheap Guy 10-13-2019 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lemontwist (Post 10639380)
jeeps are way over priced and buying new is not a good idea imo. look for something off lease or a 2year old trade-in you pay way less and don't get hammered in depreciation. i will never buy a brand new car again

^^^Ditto!

I’m assuming the Camaro is paid off. If you have regrets you’ll basically have to start all over with a used Camaro that you have no idea of how it was maintained.

silversleeper 10-13-2019 11:56 AM

For real talk, I'm wtih Xst... above.
My Silverado is good engine and trans with it's 4.8 and sturdy 4sp auto. But other things are not up to standards from the cup holders to radio display going black. Plastic covers falling off, fold down seat problems...

Sell it and regret it is my opinion.
Whaaat? The car will be like a first girlfriend to those of us who are into cars.
Long story short, sometimes you need to move on. In your mind you likely will regret moving on and still retain the positive memories of how they USED TO look.
That can be erased by seeing them 20 years later. Most usually don't make you miss them so much after that update. If you want to move on, do it. Don't keep paying and maintaining something that doesn't meet your needs.
Ok, show some loyalty to a relationship but the car isn't a friend, it has no loyalty to you so avoid projecting too much feelings into a pseudo relationship with a thing.

Welker2 10-13-2019 12:13 PM

Keep it and pick up an older, high mileage Jeep that is in good condition.

Aqua Blue RS/SS 10-13-2019 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xstuntman (Post 10639418)
A slightly used truck is way better than a new Jeep with loads of reliability issues. My first choice would be a Toyota and second an F150.

Interesting... I’ve got an 18 Sierra 2500 That’s already got 50,000 on it and not one ounce of trouble. It’s my company truck and is weighed down over 10,000lbs (yep it’s over weight) I’ve had a couple of Ford company trucks as well and this one has been the best one I’ve had. To each his own for sure but my Chevy trucks have always been really damn good, and I have and have had a bunch of them.
To the op, keep the camaro you’ll regret getting rid of it. I’d do as welker said.

christianchevell 10-13-2019 06:20 PM

While the resale is strong due to the following for Jeeps they are what they are, following them in terms of holding value is what my wife drives a Tacoma. I would suggest one of them and not buying new yet it may be too hard to finance at your age so save for a down payment of a couple thousand. And a bed in say a SR5 can come in handy as with being able to seat four or more also, she loves hers and I drive it occasionally.
You limit yourself in your search for a new ride and limit yourself with just a Jeep......So if you really want others opinions you may not like what you hear. Loosing a ton on the Camaro you have put a lot of miles on...well regrets are a fact of life but so are finances as to pay insurance on two vehicles etc...…..

Danial 10-13-2019 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xstuntman (Post 10639418)

Definitely with you on Toyota but not the F150. The work rig my company provided a couple years ago was a 2016 F150. I'm not a fanatic car guy loyal to any specific brand so I always go into these things with a pretty open mind.

I can tell you that after driving that thing for one month, I knew I'd never buy one for myself. Aluminum body with all the issues that come with it, turning radius of a lumber wagon and the horribly laid out interior and ergonomics were all deal breakers for me. Not to mention the random, non-working wipers and stereo.

I give it one thing - it had that eco-boost V-6 and it was definitely no slouch but the rest of the package was a non-starter for me.

TheFlyingBananaSS 10-13-2019 08:41 PM

I dunno. My '04 Blazer LS 2 door is a friggin tank. It constantly makes people shocked at its off road abilities. Snow can't stop it. Maybe I got a factory freak that's a cut above but it's amazing. No problems at all.runs like new still. Only 92K miles on her and she feels like she's got 100k more, easily. Just regular oil changes and antifreeze flush for winter. I drive it as my dd.

Aqua Blue RS/SS 10-13-2019 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danial (Post 10639703)
Definitely with you on Toyota but not the F150. The work rig my company provided a couple years ago was a 2016 F150. I'm not a fanatic car guy loyal to any specific brand so I always go into these things with a pretty open mind.

I can tell you that after driving that thing for one month, I knew I'd never buy one for myself. Aluminum body with all the issues that come with it, turning radius of a lumber wagon and the horribly laid out interior and ergonomics were all deal breakers for me. Not to mention the random, non-working wipers and stereo.

I give it one thing - it had that eco-boost V-6 and it was definitely no slouch but the rest of the package was a non-starter for me.

Until you put a decent trailer behind it and the ecoboost overheats or blows head gaskets. Look it up if you don’t believe me.