Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Going through withdrawal anyone else? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=344180)

dkg11 02-25-2014 06:12 AM

Going through withdrawal anyone else?

So first off i was lucky enough to get a camaro at a young age, and i quickly fell in love with it. Unfortunately though i go to college at FSU (#1) and i was not allowed to bring it down to school, which i know is a good thing. 1 because i would probably get door dings and 2 i would get in trouble with that much HP in a college town. But i really miss driving and even over the summer i don't get to drive it much because i have been studying chinese so i go to chine every summer. Even this winter break i was only able to break her out once because of whether. Anyone else prohibited from driving their camaro?

2012-1822 02-25-2014 07:33 AM

So is someone else driving your car all the time? I ask because if it's going to still be a super low mileage car when you graduate then that's pretty awesome. Up side to everything.

rontammy0 02-25-2014 07:36 AM

Heck ya..sure doesnt help I pass by it in the garage every night.

xrayman 02-25-2014 08:09 AM

Yes, I live in Chicagoland, and by choice I have placed my car in the garage. With the winter that we have had, I am glad I did. I am driving my Tahoe and I like it, but its nothing like driving my Camaro. I plan to start back driving the Camaro in April, usually winter is over by then but around here and with this winter who knows.

Mannsiam 02-25-2014 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xrayman (Post 7449128)
Yes, I live in Chicagoland, and by choice I have placed my car in the garage. With the winter that we have had, I am glad I did. I am driving my Tahoe and I like it, but its nothing like driving my Camaro. I plan to start back driving the Camaro in April, usually winter is over by then but around here and with this winter who knows.

I am an hour north of you in Milwaukee we can only pray that the weather warms up in April I only got to put 770 miles on my car before it went into storage.

KaBoom1701 02-25-2014 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkg11 (Post 7448954)
So first off i was lucky enough to get a camaro at a young age, and i quickly fell in love with it. Unfortunately though i go to college at FSU (#1) and i was not allowed to bring it down to school, which i know is a good thing. 1 because i would probably get door dings and 2 i would get in trouble with that much HP in a college town. But i really miss driving and even over the summer i don't get to drive it much because i have been studying chinese so i go to chine every summer. Even this winter break i was only able to break her out once because of whether. Anyone else prohibited from driving their camaro?

Gee, rough life ! :smiling1:

Dfault 02-25-2014 09:57 AM

Freshmen aren't allowed to have Camaros? I know a friend of mine who just kept it in a storage unit somewhere somewhat close to campus and he never got caught. I thought it was funny because he doesn't like being told he can't do something because he'll do what ever he can to get away with it.

Yendor 02-25-2014 12:26 PM

Well once this stint in prison is over I will be able to drive my baby again.

I consider this winter prison since I can't do jack squat outside!!!! Mine is in storage as well. I swear, if anyone complains about the summer here they are gonna get gunt punched.

LunarEclipse 02-25-2014 12:30 PM

wait is this the Grey Camaro 2SS in Cleveland that my buddy just bought? the folks who owned it said that their son doesnt drive it anymore since he is in florida.

RA1987 02-25-2014 01:06 PM

Rough life!!! Lol .... I get to drive my car every other year because of deployments. It's all good coz it pays the bills and keeps the car in great condition. You will still enjoy your car buddy be patient and stay in school.

Dfault 02-25-2014 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RA1987 (Post 7449867)
Rough life!!! Lol .... I get to drive my car every other year because of deployments. It's all good coz it pays the bills and keeps the car in great condition. You will still enjoy your car buddy be patient and stay in school.

How about letting a Marine take care of your SS for ya? ;)

I'm a reservist so I don't have to worry about deployments since we're at peace! LOL:smiling1:

rock1962 02-25-2014 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rontammy0 (Post 7449061)
Heck ya..sure doesnt help I pass by it in the garage every night.

I hear you been a long winter

PalmerGA 02-25-2014 04:56 PM

No withdrawals. Drive it whenever I want - almost every day.

jdsblueray2013 02-25-2014 05:01 PM

Another Chicagoland owner, and it sucks; but not even thinking about takin her out, till May! 1495 miles and tucked away in a garage.