Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Ranger Raptor (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=507413)

Vegas Bound 01-03-2019 08:46 PM

Chevy needs to dump the Colorado. Too big to be small, too small to be big.

Bring back the S-10 with 2 drive trains. Turbo 4 and LS options.

I'd be down for a V8 model as long as it is reasonably priced.

FenwickHockey65 01-03-2019 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vegas Bound (Post 10400713)

134k units and sales up 19.3%. Should definitely dump it though. :laugh: :rolleyes:

Vegas Bound 01-03-2019 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 (Post 10400742)
134k units and sales up 19.3%. Should definitely dump it though. :laugh: :rolleyes:

Great product until people find out the mileage sucks. Under normal driving conditions, the 1500 gets better mileage. Hauls more, holds more people. Bring back a true small truck.

DGthe3 01-03-2019 09:34 PM

Quote:

They don't put a V8 in the 'too big to be small' Colorado. And to my knowledge, never put a V8 in the S10. So of course they'll put one in a new S10 as the industry is moving away from putting big engines into anything.

:facepalm:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vegas Bound (Post 10400749)
Great product until people find out the mileage sucks. Under normal driving conditions, the 1500 gets better mileage. Hauls more, holds more people. Bring back a true small truck.

Show me the data that says the Silverado is generally more efficient than the Colorado.

FenwickHockey65 01-04-2019 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DGthe3 (Post 10400753)
Show me the data that says the Silverado is generally more efficient than the Colorado.

His brother's friend's uncle's college roommate's ex boyfriend owns a Colorado and it only gets 15 MPG, so all Colorados must get crappy FE. :laugh:

If GM does a true small truck it'll likely be FWD unibody anyways.

Expunge 01-04-2019 08:27 AM

IMO GM put the wrong v6 in it.
Should have come with the 4.3L since it produces more torque than the 3.6L which is what a truck needs.

Other than that, the truck checks all the boxes.

snizzle 01-04-2019 09:31 AM

The 2.7 I4 310/348 is in the mix for trucks. A "truck engine" as GM stated.The 3.6 probably gets replaced with it in the Colorado I bet. Maybe the 4.3 as well as the base Silverado engine? Although they offer both now i'm assuming for fleet.

6spdhyperblue 01-04-2019 10:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 (Post 10400972)
His brother's friend's uncle's college roommate's ex boyfriend owns a Colorado and it only gets 15 MPG, so all Colorados must get crappy FE. :laugh:

If GM does a true small truck it'll likely be FWD unibody anyways.

It’s true the mpg does suck on these Colorado/canyons. My wife commutes it in north jersey 90% of the time. Terrible

hrpiii 01-04-2019 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicul15 (Post 10401155)
It’s true the mpg does suck on these Colorado/canyons. My wife commutes it in north jersey 90% of the time. Terrible

not trusting this picture with a "Check Engine" light on. :sm0:

KMPrenger 01-04-2019 04:23 PM

Quote:

So by that logic, I guess the Tacoma, the new Ranger, the new Gladiator, the upcoming RAM midsize truck, and the upcoming Frontier all should just go away?

OK then...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vegas Bound (Post 10400749)

I'm averaging 22 - 23mpg in my Colorado crew cab V6 model. But yeah...I'm sure if I had a full size I'd get better than that. :iono:

The issue your talking about here is the fact that the full size trucks have gotten almost out of hand in terms of size. I can't fathom why they would need to increase any dimension whatsoever on the next gen of trucks. At this point, there is no reason for it and it would be comical. This is why the mid-size truck, which is nearly the size of a fullsize from 10 - 15 years ago is selling. Also, you should know that Ford is eyeing the possibility of releasing a true small truck based on the Focus platform, and GM does sell a small car-platform based truck overseas.

JhonnyGTR 01-04-2019 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KMPrenger (Post 10401503)
So by that logic, I guess the Tacoma, the new Ranger, the new Gladiator, the upcoming RAM midsize truck, and the upcoming Frontier all should just go away?

OK then...

I'm averaging 22 - 23mpg in my Colorado crew cab V6 model. But yeah...I'm sure if I had a full size I'd get better than that. :iono:

The issue your talking about here is the fact that the full size trucks have gotten almost out of hand in terms of size. I can't fathom why they would need to increase any dimension whatsoever on the next gen of trucks. At this point, there is no reason for it and it would be comical. This is why the mid-size truck, which is nearly the size of a fullsize from 10 - 15 years ago is selling. Also, you should know that Ford is eyeing the possibility of releasing a true small truck based on the Focus platform, and GM does sell a small car-platform based truck overseas.

Dakota?