Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   going SOLO (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302511)

rontammy0 06-18-2013 12:03 AM

going SOLO

well I just had my solo hi flow cats installed at zorro muffler in Toronto.I was in and out in under an hour, great service,zack was the main man today. As for the solo hi flows...all I can say is wow..what a great mod....I have a cai, magnaflow muffler delete exhaust,with these cats the sound is awesome....these things really make the exhaust bark, its the exact volume I wanted. I also noticed a lot better throttle response and definitely more power. If your on the fence wondering if you should get them...don't wait you wont be disappointed.My purchase price also included install. I tried to get a video but my phone is terrible so don't flame me guys :happy0180:

Craig B 06-18-2013 05:24 AM

Is this a bolt on deal? Or must be installed by a muffler shop? I was thinking of doing the Solo's for my next mod. Thanks for any info and good luck with your ride.

hrpiii 06-18-2013 05:49 AM

It's all bolt on. Not difficult to do.

Cat988h 06-18-2013 09:03 AM

I had solo cats on my ls3, paired with the MBRP cat back and now I have American racing headers with cats and to be honest the solo sound just as good with the stock exaust manifolds. A little less roar at Wot but not that much difference. If you are thinking about these cats just do it they are awesome.

Top Off 06-18-2013 09:07 AM

Another satisfied Solo person here.

CamaroBlue 06-18-2013 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cat988h (Post 6684217)
I had solo cats on my ls3, paired with the MBRP cat back and now I have American racing headers with cats and to be honest the solo sound just as good with the stock exaust manifolds. A little less roar at Wot but not that much difference. If you are thinking about these cats just do it they are awesome.

So if I every plan on getting headers should I hold off on high flows cats in your opinion? I can get a much lower price with just the cats but wondering if I should just save up for some nice headers.

JRT 06-18-2013 11:02 AM

I love mine to, sounds like a freaking race car. Though I I do have a problem with the system sagging and clanging, I have a thread about it so watch out for that. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302342

JRT 06-18-2013 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroBlue (Post 6684675)
So if I every plan on getting headers should I hold off on high flows cats in your opinion? I can get a much lower price with just the cats but wondering if I should just save up for some nice headers.

Headers and high flow cats will give you a lot more power and be much louder. So if you are going headers then just wait. Not point in spending $600 now to have to sell the SOLO cats later as they will not work with LT headers.

The good part about the SOLO cats is you can bolt them to the stock manifold and you technically don't even need to tune unless you want to. So no loss in warranty while long tubes are an instant loss of warranty.

Its all in what you want to do, but LT + HFC will give you 45-60hp and the SOLO HFC will give you 10-15.

LessSinister 06-18-2013 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rontammy0 (Post 6683452)
well I just had my solo hi flow cats installed at zorro muffler in Toronto.I was in and out in under an hour, great service,zack was the main man today. As for the solo hi flows...all I can say is wow..what a great mod....I have a cai, magnaflow muffler delete exhaust,with these cats the sound is awesome....these things really make the exhaust bark, its the exact volume I wanted. I also noticed a lot better throttle response and definitely more power. If your on the fence wondering if you should get them...don't wait you wont be disappointed.My purchase price also included install. I tried to get a video but my phone is terrible so don't flame me guys :happy0180:

Good job man! but did you get a free Solo shirt?

rberns 06-18-2013 07:42 PM

I had them at one point and absolutely love them, but if you ever plan on going long tube headers then they are a waste of money.

rontammy0 06-19-2013 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LessSinister (Post 6685932)
Good job man! but did you get a free Solo shirt?

what....aahhh now I have to go back :happy0180: