Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forced Induction - V6 (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   V6 Owners Is it just me? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=163410)

GbrilliantQ 10-17-2011 07:11 PM

The people who have said anything negative about mine being a v6 all drive pieces of crap and have no room to talk. Everyone else loves it. :-)

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk

Camarowguy 10-17-2011 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Infernoo (Post 3577657)
Has nothing to do with that, I paid about $5k more for mine than a 1SS. If I wanted an SS with some options I could have easily gotten one.

It's about common sense and reality.

So you paid $5k more for your loaded v6 than a 1ss? Do you know how much a 1ss costs? Mine was $33k....please don't tell me you $38k for a v6......

Camarowguy 10-17-2011 08:24 PM

Op, don't worry about what other people say. Who cares? I've had plenty of people walk up to me and say "nice car, is it a six speed?" I say yep, six speed auto. They look at me crazy and say "you should have bought a manual" my rebuttal goes like this:
-are you paying the note?
-do you have to drive it?
-would you like to shift and clutch for me everyday in sitting traffic?
-where's your SS with a 6 speed manual?
-the true faster cars are auto anyway

People are alway going to have something to say, buy the fact of the matter is, its your car....if your happy with it, then eff em.

JoshBobGuptaMarley 10-17-2011 08:38 PM

Here we go again....Lately it's been people trashing anything that looks like black people may have been involved, anything that has to do with the greatest steering wheel ever made (10-11 of course) or anything to do with lambo doors. Im kinda surprised by how many people get on this site to complain about random stuff that really doesn't pertain to them. I've read some rude comments to some pretty strait forward questions. Like this kid asking if he should upgrade to a v8. Some people ripped that kid a new one calling him spoiled and other rude remarks. It's the Internet so you have to take it with a grain of salt but some people just say whatever mean shit comes to mind. I started checking this site for new upgrades for the 2012. It's gonna take time but that's why I'm here. I love looking at people's cars and trying to figure out what direction I'm gonna go with mine. I think I get sidetracked with crazy people and I'm kinda addicted right now so, whatever. Addiction is supposed to have ups and downs, right? lol.
Example...

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeirdSideEffect (Post 3895725)
I hope to God you're an EXTREMELY attractive woman, and not some homo or overly obese chick trying to get away with driving that car.

JasonK 10-17-2011 10:46 PM

Pretty stupid if you ask me. We all spend hours on this site because we love our Camaro's. Yet we should be treated as bottom feeders to the almighty SS.

puertoricanfont 10-18-2011 09:41 AM

I don't understand why this should bother you. I decided to buy a v6 because thats what I could afford. Not everyone has 30k + to spend on a vehicle. I sure as hell don't lol. And if i decided in the future after more driving experience to add power I can with FI. 400 rwhp for me is more than reasonable for a street vehicle. So when i see the bashing of the v6 in this forum i mostly ignore because everytime i walk up to my car i know i got what i wanted :headbang: .

BowtieBelle 10-18-2011 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by puertoricanfont (Post 3897488)
everytime i walk up to my car i know i got what i wanted :headbang: .

:thumbup:

Amenti 10-18-2011 02:30 PM

The only posts that even remotely bother me are the ones from SS owners who think that the SS is the only trim level for the Camaro and don't bother to check what sub-forum they are posting in before spouting off about the fuse-pull trick, or why they don't understand why we don't just buy a Diablo handheld tuner, or why they don't see why a particular car is having so much trouble tuning for their turbo.

A person's general ignorance tends to bleed over into other aspects of their life; it's not necessarily a V8 thing.

Oh, and I never wave to anyone. I'm more of a thumbs-up person, which I give out liberally to all Camaro drivers. I actually got mad respect from a guy who pulled up next to me at a light in his GTO; we had a good little conversation at the light.

Nmbr1gmfan 10-18-2011 03:32 PM

I think its a pen1s issue.

Brutal SS 10-18-2011 03:51 PM

2SS owner here, but for quite a while I owned a 1LT, so I know how you feel because I got the same treatment. :mad0260:The SS guys used to ignore me when I waved from my V6, (probably because my LT looked way better than their SS), but now that I have a SS, I ignore the other SSers like many of them did me when I was a V6er, but I go out of my way to salute my LS and LT brethren 'cause I remember how it felt. :D

SDCamaro10 10-18-2011 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brutal SS (Post 3899038)
2SS owner here, but for quite a while I owned a 1LT, so I know how you feel because I got the same treatment. :mad0260:The SS guys used to ignore me when I waved from my V6, (probably because my LT looked way better than their SS), but now that I have a SS, I ignore the other SSers like many of them did me when I was a V6er, but I go out of my way to salute my LS and LT brethren 'cause I remember how it felt. :D

:respekt:

G10 10-18-2011 05:05 PM

I make no excuses to anyone about my V6. There will always be a faster car.

Milk 1027 10-18-2011 05:10 PM

Is it just me or is it always V6 owners starting threads like this and being overly defensive?

Quit it, If you don't like it don't make yourself a target.