Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   New Top Gear USA Trailers. Features Camaro5 Member's Camaro. (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111862)

Tran 10-20-2010 03:29 PM

New Top Gear USA Trailers. Features Camaro5 Member's Camaro.

Featured on HOMEPAGE.

Here are some great new trailers for the Top Gear USA version which will premiere November 21st on the History Channel.

What's most interesting to us about these trailers is that a Camaro5 member's Camaro (belonging to gotpball44 - STORY HERE) is featured prominently in the commercial spot, tearing up the El Mirage Lake, a dry lake bed in the Mojave Desert of San Bernardino County, California.

See the Top Gear trailers (and gotpball44's Camaro) below:

slick rick 10-20-2010 03:40 PM

:w00t:

SlowSS 10-20-2010 03:41 PM

Very cool!! I'm counting down the days...although my thought is, how many of us are going to compare this to the original Top Gear. Hammond, Clarkson, and May are pretty damn funny

Jay_LHD3 10-20-2010 03:43 PM

Looking good. Was that gotpballs44's Camaro that did the powerslide parking?

I will have the DVR set to record!

Speedy1975 10-20-2010 03:45 PM

I hope the show's a winner, but they've got REALLY big shoes to fill.

spacecowby 10-20-2010 04:16 PM

I don't think I could have watched them slide my camaro like that in bewtween the other cars. Would have had to close my eyes.

Char1ieone 10-20-2010 04:18 PM

This is great, but I have my doubts. Sorry but I'm an original Top Gear supporter.

thedonkeyslayer 10-20-2010 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfaber99 (Post 2463278)

I was thinking the same thing - that would be wild to watch someone else do that in your car.

At the same time if anything did go wrong I know that History would have taken care of it.

Cool shi, errr stuff - can't wait to watch.

gotpball44 10-20-2010 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spacecowby (Post 2463385)
I don't think I could have watched them slide my camaro like that in bewtween the other cars. Would have had to close my eyes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfaber99 (Post 2463278)

I will have the DVR set to record!

Yes that was my camaro doing the slide into the other cars...

BUT

OOOooo the possibilities of movie magic lol

thedonkeyslayer 10-20-2010 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gotpball44 (Post 2463403)
Yes that was my camaro doing the slide into the other cars...

BUT

OOOooo the possibilities of movie magic lol

ahhh, gotcha

Move was done w/o the other cars there...

I wonder if the new Lexus IS commercial uses the same magic...most likely

BeeBoy 10-20-2010 04:25 PM

I am a huge Top gear fan and honestly nothing can be better then the original. So far Top Gear Australia and Russia sucked, and why do they have to rip the show off, can't they just come up with an idea of their own, and not to milk off the british?

The Dark Knight 10-20-2010 04:44 PM

I went to the Top Gear taping yesterday...all I can say was WOW!

I was kinda skeptical about the hosts at first, but all of them feed off each other perfectly. They no way resemble the UK cast, which is a good thing in my opinion. It was a LONG day of standing. During breaks, the cast were so cool. Very down to earth. They would approach people and start talking to them. They would also start telling stories, etc.

They also showed us the segments that will be shown on TV...they are VERY similar to the way the UK films their "documentaries." I enjoyed every single one of them.

My personal favorite is Adam Ferrara. I was a fan of his comedy even before Top Gear. He was the most relaxed in the shots and had the funniest lines...I guess cause he's the "veteran" actor of the group.

I can not discuss the times or who wins during the segments cause I signed the "NDA"...but I will say...Michelle Rodriguez...HOT in person...

They said the first two seasons of the Top Gear UK sucked...so give the U.S. show a chance!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One thing I didn't like was that they didn't make a big deal about The Stig...oh well...

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111798

vuduman67 10-20-2010 05:18 PM

Should of called the show
"3 tools driven like fools"

How many rock chips did your car get in all that dirt! Very cool but not in my car. LOL

Krozzbow 10-20-2010 05:46 PM

Just want to add that Top Gear is on now showing at the (BBC American Channel - 189) for those who have the Verizon Fios. I don't know the channels for the others cable providers, sorry. The Camaro SS vs. The Mercedes E63 AMG was aired on Oct - 11, and will be repeated again. So for those who missed this episode set your recorders to the following date and time. :popcorn:
- Oct - 23 - 2010 from 10:00 - 11:00 AM and 6:00 - 7:00 PM EST.
- Oct - 24 - 2010 from 12:00 - 1:00 PM EST.

Right now I’m watching Chef Gordon Ramsey showing his driving skills. A lot of swearing behind the wheel.