Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Member Car Journals (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Tom Henry Racing THR22 2010/LS3/IBM/Supercharged SS Camaro [COTW 10/29/12] (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24276)

PQ 03-05-2012 10:00 PM

:bellyroll:

Darth_Emma 03-05-2012 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JusticePete (Post 4594601)
Did it come with instructions?

Righty mighty, loosey goosey.

Mr. Wyndham 03-05-2012 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTAHVIT (Post 4594593)
So :emoticon3:

:laugh:

Got me the first part of my brake upgrade :D

Subscribed...this will feed the clutch cylinder?

GTAHVIT 03-06-2012 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JusticePete (Post 4594601)
Did it come with instructions?

:D Yes... Ofer's thread right here on camaro5 :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by PQ (Post 4594828)
(love your countertops dude. :))

Thanks!

Ok, carry on.

Ok. So the brakes should be installed my Fest IV :bellyroll:

Jerk

Quote:

Originally Posted by JusticePete (Post 4594896)
Don't rush him :D

:sm0:

jerk

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth_Emma (Post 4594973)
Righty mighty, loosey goosey.

Thanks for the backup em.... wait... wut? http://www.camaro5.com/forums/pictur...ictureid=51168

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragoneye (Post 4594998)
Subscribed...this will feed the clutch cylinder?

Yep this will make it so that the clutch and brake fluid are completely separate so one won't contaminate the other.
As I understand it, under hard braking the brake/clutch fluid boils making it so the clutch pedal loses pressure. Adding the separate Reservoir help with that and also keeps brake dust out of the clutch master cyl with can cause problems.

At least that's how I understand it. but I'll defer to Pete or any of the other experts around here.

Darth_Emma 03-06-2012 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTAHVIT (Post 4597538)

Thanks for the backup em.... wait... wut?

I learned everything I know from the "MisterCamaro69's School of Automobile Mechanics and Wizardy."

The Stig 03-06-2012 12:44 PM

Quote:

Yep this will make it so that the clutch and brake fluid are completely separate so one won't contaminate the other.
As I understand it, under hard braking the brake/clutch fluid boils making it so the clutch pedal loses pressure. Adding the separate Reservoir help with that and also keeps brake dust out of the clutch master cyl with can cause problems.

At least that's how I understand it. but I'll defer to Pete or any of the other experts around here.

Basically. Also that the clutch fluid gets dirty whenever you miss shift or grind gears. This then in turn gets into the brake fluid, that then in turn makes you lose pressure on the clutch peddle, which leads to more miss shifts, etc etc it's a circle

GTAHVIT 03-06-2012 12:54 PM

:thumbsup: makes sense to me.

JusticePete 03-06-2012 01:59 PM

Quote:

:D Yes... Ofer's thread right here on camaro5 :D

Jerk

:sm0:

jerk

Thanks for the backup em.... wait... wut? http://www.camaro5.com/forums/pictur...ictureid=51168

Only if you use the cheapest fluid from K-Mart :yikes:

Motul RBF600 Wet Boil 421F
Castrol SRF Wet Boil 518F

The Castrol Wet Boil is almost the same as ATE Super Blue TYP/200 Dry Boil. Separate reservoirs will prolong the life of the brake fluid because the fluid passing through the clutch picks up debris.

SSE 4 2SS 03-06-2012 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTAHVIT (Post 4594593)
So :emoticon3:

:laugh:

Got me the first part of my brake upgrade :D

Hey, have you been at my house while I was gone... Those are my countertops... the exact same granite... I rekunize the jelly stain..

Mr Twisty 03-06-2012 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth_Emma (Post 4597578)
I learned everything I know from the "MisterCamaro69's School of Automobile Mechanics and Wizardy."

Publisher said someone FINALLY bought one... thanks! :headbang:
Quote:

Originally Posted by JusticePete (Post 4598134)

The Castrol Wet Boil is almost the same as ATE Super Blue TYP/200 Dry Boil. Separate reservoirs will prolong the life of the brake fluid because the fluid passing through the clutch picks up debris.

... High wet boil is the good stuff, right? (contaminated with condensation and still works well, did I remember correctly?)
Quote:

Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS (Post 4598203)
Hey, have you been at my house while I was gone... Those are my countertops... the exact same granite... I rekunize the jelly stain..

Dude, you're out of beer.... AGAIN :iono:

GTAHVIT 03-06-2012 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JusticePete (Post 4598134)

The reservoir is pretty inexpensive. So, I'll do it anyway... but you think the fluid upgrade is more important than separating the reservoirs?

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS (Post 4598203)

:laugh: mehbeh... I was looking around for spare parts that I can put on my cah!!! :cool:

And that was pizza sauce... the kids made mini pizzas the other night. :D

WadeWilson 03-06-2012 02:58 PM

:wave:

SSE 4 2SS 03-06-2012 03:04 PM

Note to self... when arriving home..... Check the shop for missing tools, beer, car parts, beer, stereo, beer, paint supplies, beer, motorcycle, beer, posters, beer, fast car, beer, dog, beer, vienna sausages, beer.....

GTAHVIT 03-06-2012 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shardik2SS (Post 4598440)
:wave:

YO!

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS (Post 4598471)
Note to self... when arriving home..... Check the shop for missing tools, beer, car parts, beer, stereo, beer, paint supplies, beer, motorcycle, beer, posters, beer, fast car, beer, dog, beer, vienna sausages, beer.....

don't for get to look for the tequila... just sayin... :iono: