Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   V6 Trifecta Tune Dyno Results (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171701)

DevilKnightFalcon 09-16-2011 01:01 PM

V6 Trifecta Tune Dyno Results

I took my car in to Loud Pedal Motorsports today for some dyno pulls comparing the stock tune to the custom tune I got from Vince at Trifecta. Here are all the details

2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
* Transmission: Automatic
* Mileage: 31,000
* American Racing LT Headers
* American Racing High Flow Catalytic Converters
* MBRP 3" Catback Exhaust
* Magnaflow Resonated X Pipe
* Airraid V2 CAI

Dyno: DynoJet
Weather: 95 degrees. 40% humidity

Note: Before doing this dyno I had sent Vince some very basic logs of just a short city drive. Based on these logs he only made minor tweaks to the base tune file he originally sent me. I will be sending him the data logs from the dyno pulls so he can make additional tweaks and hopefully get even more gains.

Stock Tune:
Horsepower: 239
Torque: 223.24

Trifecta Tune:
Horsepower: 247 (+8)
Torque: 234.24 (+11)

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6184/...e20256c8_b.jpg

Disregard the dates listed on the dyno sheet. The date was not set properly on their computer. These pulls were done September 16th, 2011.

Overall I don't feel that the dyno results present an accurate picture of just how much the tune does for the car. I have a feeling that the results of the tune would likely be better seen in 1/4 mile times. The car is much MUCH more responsive and shifts much harder and faster than stock.

Maverick10 09-16-2011 01:43 PM

The numbers that te dyno put out seem to be a little low considering all of the mods you have?

DevilKnightFalcon 09-16-2011 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick10 (Post 3763021)
The numbers that te dyno put out seem to be a little low considering all of the mods you have?

Different dynos always put out different numbers. This same car dyno'd at over 260hp when I ran it at Stillen Performance in California and that was with only the catback and the old Airaid V1 intake. Keep in mind it was 95 degrees and decently humid here today.

Maverick10 09-16-2011 01:54 PM

Ah! Either way, I really like your build. I've been contemplating if it's even worth it to get a tune now or wait for hp and get it tuned in Tampa. Almost all of my mods are waiting on my decision for a tune hah. I was one of the unlucky who the vararam just didn't work on so I'm sitting completely stock at the moment. Headers and catback will follow the decision on which tune.

DevilKnightFalcon 09-16-2011 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick10 (Post 3763056)
Ah! Either way, I really like your build. I've been contemplating if it's even worth it to get a tune now or wait for hp and get it tuned in Tampa. Almost all of my mods are waiting on my decision for a tune hah. I was one of the unlucky who the vararam just didn't work on so I'm sitting completely stock at the moment. Headers and catback will follow the decision on which tune.

When you do go for headers I recommend shorty headers. If I were to go back I would definitely get a set of JBA. They seem to perform better and they definitely sound much better than any set of long tubes i've heard including my own.

GretchenGotGrowl 09-16-2011 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilKnightFalcon (Post 3762853)
I took my car in to Loud Pedal Motorsports today for some dyno pulls comparing the stock tune to the custom tune I got from Vince at Trifecta. Here are all the details

2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
* Transmission: Automatic
* Mileage: 31,000
* American Racing LT Headers
* American Racing High Flow Catalytic Converters
* MBRP 3" Catback Exhaust
* Magnaflow Resonated X Pipe
* Airraid V2 CAI

Dyno: DynoJet
Weather: 95 degrees. 40% humidity

Note: Before doing this dyno I had sent Vince some very basic logs of just a short city drive. Based on these logs he only made minor tweaks to the base tune file he originally sent me. I will be sending him the data logs from the dyno pulls so he can make additional tweaks and hopefully get even more gains.

Stock Tune:
Horsepower: 239
Torque: 223.24

Trifecta Tune:
Horsepower: 247 (+8)
Torque: 234.24 (+11)

Disregard the dates listed on the dyno sheet. The date was not set properly on their computer. These pulls were done September 16th, 2011.

Overall I don't feel that the dyno results present an accurate picture of just how much the tune does for the car. I have a feeling that the results of the tune would likely be better seen in 1/4 mile times. The car is much MUCH more responsive and shifts much harder and faster than stock.

Yeah, but look at the increase across the whole range. That's really good (much more than the 8 at peak). That all adds up as you are going down the track.

717Stunna 03-09-2013 07:19 PM

well the camaro stock runs 250-255 rear wheel Hp so all those mods you should at least be 300whp

pgustavson 03-09-2013 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 717Stunna (Post 6266844)
well the camaro stock runs 250-255 rear wheel Hp so all those mods you should at least be 300whp

I don't think so - there have been many a full bolt-on build that haven't broken the 300RWHP barrier. The OP's car doesn't have every available bolt-on.

pgustavson 03-09-2013 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl (Post 3763452)
Yeah, but look at the increase across the whole range. That's really good (much more than the 8 at peak). That all adds up as you are going down the track.

:word: The mid-range torque looks to have improved by almost 20 ft-lbs.

pgustavson 03-09-2013 09:45 PM

Holy thread resurrection!!! Just noticed how old this thread is...lol