Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Site Related Announcements / Suggestions / Feedback / Questions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Best Camaro Site (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46832)

carguy50 10-11-2009 07:27 AM

Best Camaro Site

95% of us are real C5 enthusiast and offer valid information to discussions. Unfortunately some posts are by non owners and unqualified wannabees.You know, the ones who just want to slam our cars and spread uniformed hate and discontent. Most of us really want to share and increase our knowledge of our cars. I think we could cut out most of the BS if we could somehow block POSTINGS of the argumentative and those who either do not have the means or just want to inflict their miserable options.
Maybe if we could REQUIRE a valid Order number or VIN number to have Posting Privileges. This would allow all genuinely interested individuals to view and be informed, but not post, to all of the information available. This would allow us to enjoy and contribute first hand experiences for all to see and learn .
What do yall think?? It is NOT a first amendment thing, just a way to let the haters to go back to the own brand websites and bash us all they want.

bono83 10-11-2009 08:17 AM

I understand your point and could certainly do without a competitor car lover coming over and bashing our beloved Camaro. However, I do think it's important to allow potential Camaro buyers to post questions to help them with their pre-order research and questions. If I would have found this site before I ordered, I would not have been waiting the 20 plus weeks I have been to take delivery. I would have been able to ask about dealers with allocation. I also would have been able to ask questions about the spare tire to help me decide whether or not to order one. Granted most of the questions have already been asked and can be found in the search function, there still might be something unique to that potential owner that they can ask, someone on here can answer, and others can learn from.

carguy50 10-11-2009 08:37 AM

Great point, maybe PM would help with those unique questions. I really value the positive inputs, but feel its a waste to wade through the haters.

SPANKT U 10-11-2009 08:40 AM

If we did what you suggest, we would be no better than they are. It's a free world and we should be pretty thick skinned since we DO own the greatest 21st century muscle car made to date. Let them come in, talk their trash. It won't change my mind or how I feel about my Becky Sue (2SSRS M6). :)

espo19047 10-11-2009 09:03 AM

I had many Camaros in my lifetime now I sell them. I am married with four kids so owning a Camaro at this point is not in the cards for me. I really would hate to get cut off from posting here.

cam2fst4u 10-11-2009 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by espo19047 (Post 1030599)
I had many Camaros in my lifetime now I sell them. I am married with four kids so owning a Camaro at this point is not in the cards for me. I really would hate to get cut off from posting here.

:word:

Alot of us have been here before it went into production and was unsure if it was going to be made. Those kind of people you are talking about are why we have the great mods we do...

FenwickHockey65 10-11-2009 09:17 AM

Hmm. Strip people of their posting privileges, eh?

What about for the 18 year old college student who has tens of thousands of dollars in student loans and will probably be forced to satisfy his need for a Camaro through buying a used one in a few years but still posts the latest GM news and information on this site? Still want to strip me of my posting privileges?

Ideas, buddy. Think them through before you post.

Oh, and...

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l4...on35/500-1.jpg

1320junkie 10-11-2009 09:31 AM

We have forum rules and we have moderators and a very strong member base. All perspectives are always welcome no matter the age of the member or what they drive as long as forum rules are followed. The reason this is one of the best sites is due to the makeup of our members and all of their opinions. And plus I personally love it when enthusiast of other brands come here and post. It lets me know what they are up to, as I don't go to their websites to find out myself. Easy way to keep up with the competition...lol. When the bickering gets out of hand in certain threads just report the post and a moderator will show up soon and moderate if need be.

CamaroScotty 10-11-2009 10:54 AM

I don't have a VIN..... so you want me to leave?

POWERFREAK 10-11-2009 11:20 AM

Camaro enthusiasts who don't currently own a Camaro, shouldn't be shut out because of all the trolls and chicken little's.

Although, I would love to see less posts whining about voiding warranties and when to change your oil.

:reposthorse::reposthorse::reposthorse:

Mr Twisty 10-11-2009 11:41 AM

FbodFather doesn't have a Camaro yet, I don't have a Camaro yet, Tran, do you have a Camaro yet?

Ban Tran from his own site... Most of the best info has come from enthusiasts who don't have the car yet. Number 3 is just full of it! (good info that is) and he drives a Buick ;)

NoUCantDriveIt 10-11-2009 12:23 PM

I couldn’t disagree more about limiting the site to owners only. I do have a brain and I’m not afraid to use it to distinguish between a true “bash” and valid point of view (opposing or otherwise) that is open for friendly debate.

In my opinion, the Mods do an excellent job of keeping this unruly bunch in line and on topic. A sizeable task considering the written word can be a difficult form of communication, rife with land mines from individual interpretation. Yeah, I see comments about other cars not being as good as our beloved Camaro, or other cars being better. Usually I just assume the comment is said in jest at another member who has the car being picked on. Seems more logical (to me) that if a person is a true auto enthusiast as I believe most here are, an appreciation of the engineering put into a machine isn’t limited by who made it.

And… the tremendous amount of information I’ve found here will make the process much easier for me (and the salesman) when it’s time to order. I’ll know what the car is and isn’t, when the price is good or not, what the available options are for the model, and which of those options I do and don’t want. I wouldn’t have that much information weeding out results from Google. IMO, an educated buyer is more likely to be a satisfied owner. Plus, there’s the support from a great group of Camaro5 folks while I try to be patient waiting for arrival.

Nope… don’t agree with owners only idea. <stepping off soapbox >

FenwickHockey65 10-11-2009 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 (Post 1030972)
FbodFather doesn't have a Camaro yet, I don't have a Camaro yet, Tran, do you have a Camaro yet?

Ban Tran from his own site... Most of the best info has come from enthusiasts who don't have the car yet. Number 3 is just full of it! (good info that is) and he drives a Buick ;)

Number 3's in an Equinox right now...

Actually, I think he's been driving an RJT 2LT/RS for a little while...

Ject 10-11-2009 12:30 PM

Or maybe just Ban/block all of those people that have under 100 postings..... ?

Will never happen, this is an enthusiast site.