Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forced Induction - V6 (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   SS or IPF Supercharger and Brembos (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=290383)

Nutbutt 04-20-2013 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swarm (Post 6447592)
SS is a better option

S/C on V6 is unique and all

but SS is still a better option

Not if you have driven a V6 SC ! Try one you might change your mind.

Swarm 04-20-2013 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nutbutt (Post 6448006)
Not if you have driven a V6 SC ! Try one you might change your mind.

If I could, I would put SC in my car
To me, I love being the underdog and surprising people with underestimated V6
But in world of realism, SS is the better option

Ice Demon 04-20-2013 08:25 PM

SS all day.

GretchenGotGrowl 04-21-2013 07:18 AM

Can you guys that keep talking about the reliability give us a link to some information about that? As far as I know we haven't seen much break on boosted cars that wasn't already breaking on stock cars.

GretchenGotGrowl 04-21-2013 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigPopa71 (Post 6446838)
I have a 2011 1LT RS my performance mods are only exhaust and cold air intake. The other mods are in the wheels, system and short throw shifter and some of the 2LT options like gauge pack and stuff like that. I only drive my car on weekends but its my only ride. I'm actually happy with the current speed. Bit I wouldn't mind having SS power. I haven't put my headers on because I know I will need a tune and figured I would wait until I decided on a supercharger. I'm not looking for 600 hp. But I would love if my car ran in the 12's.

You can move most those mods over to the new car, but I'm guessing you didn't save your old wheels/tires and shifter. Without those swapping to the new car and using yours as a trade-in would be difficult. If it were me, I'd go the SC route. The only way I can see getting into an SS for the same cost would be to "settle" for one with more mileage and less options than you have now. You also have to wonder what the prior owner did to their car and how the treated it. From you other thread, I would guess you KNOW you've take real good care of you car.

BigPopa71 04-21-2013 08:01 AM

Im going with the SC! Im going to drive my car to the wheels fall off! I dont want to get caught in the Matrix. First you trade for an SS, then you trade for a Z28 then you trade for a ZL1. My car is actuall very satisfying but a SC would give me some extra thrill out of my V6!. Plus I have a two year old a need to start looking for a SUV or truck for her comfort. This way I can keep my car and afford another for my kid! Thanks Guys!

P.S. KMPrenger what is the part number for the Magnaflow resonators. You already know my exhaust is loud but when I put my headers on it will then be a little over the top even for me! LOL

Nutbutt 04-21-2013 08:47 AM

:word:
The weakest link on these SC systems would be the belt. This is the same for any car.
Don't open the hood and the V8 and the SC V6 are basicly the same. Most of these V8 people aren't ever going to use the so called "V8 Potential" to do anything more than a SC V6. This may not be an option for all but if you are interested in a car that gets great MPGs, lower insurance rates and the same reliability this should be a an option for most. If you haven't driven a SC V6 you really don't know what your missing :happyanim:This is a great daily driver !

OKCwhiteKnight 04-21-2013 11:23 AM

Part of me would like having the sound of a cammed V8,other than that,I agree with whats been said in favor of Keeping the SC'd V6.Uniqueness,cost,etc.Pretty much done with the cosmetics of my car,looking to SC soon.

KaBoom1701 04-21-2013 05:13 PM

I plan on SC my V6 ride sometime next year! :)

sycraft 04-21-2013 06:52 PM

I still have the same belt on my SC V6, 10k miles so far and track time, all good...

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...75#post6451575

gutterball 04-21-2013 08:55 PM

Sycraft, I'm the Blk V6 you meet at the Bowling Lanes in Pt. St. Lucie, I've found a shop here in Ct. that will do the IPF install. Do you have the Pwr Train warentee?? and if yes how much was it.

sycraft 04-21-2013 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gutterball (Post 6452100)
Sycraft, I'm the Blk V6 you meet at the Bowling Lanes in Pt. St. Lucie, I've found a shop here in Ct. that will do the IPF install. Do you have the Pwr Train warentee?? and if yes how much was it.

Decided against it, there are different time limits, I think around 400-600 dollars. No problems yet 10K miles on it.

LIM3 04-21-2013 09:26 PM

Wow this was the thread I needed. I have touch sentimental value to my car to sell it and get the v8.
Thanks guys

KMPrenger 04-21-2013 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigPopa71 (Post 6449842)
P.S. KMPrenger what is the part number for the Magnaflow resonators. You already know my exhaust is loud but when I put my headers on it will then be a little over the top even for me! LOL

Sorry for the late response!

Part number is 11386.