Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Engine | Exhaust | Bolt-On | Drivetrain Modifications (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=145)
-   -   Out for more power (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=320469)

Jer4251 09-28-2013 07:10 PM

Out for more power

I'll be getting a little car money here shortly and want to do some more HP mods.

I've got a roto-fab, 2" longtubes and a JRE tune. I'll be getting between $1100-$1500 to spend, and im wanting to know whats the best bang for the buck?

I know injectors are gonna kill most of the budget, But I was thinking about throwing on a 2.5" upper pulley until I can get the $ to do the lower. I was also going to do the idler pulley with it but may just wait on that until I know if the belt slipping, I don't drive it much so im not worried about the belt slipping doing the upper.

Or, I was thinking about doing the JRE rough idle cam package. but if it's going to require injectors as well then I cant afford it.

Not really looking to any heat exchangers just yet.

thoughts? will the cam put me in the red for fuel?

Wezbad1 09-28-2013 08:00 PM

lower pulley and throttle body with what you already have is a nice upgrade. Since you already have a JRE tune, that will cost you nothing for a retune. The ATI balancer, 10% pulley, ARP bolt and belt is around $700. The VMAX 87mm TB is $350 w/o core. Well within your budget.

Jer4251 09-28-2013 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wezbad1 (Post 7046731)
lower pulley and throttle body with what you already have is a nice upgrade. Since you already have a JRE tune, that will cost you nothing for a retune. The ATI balancer, 10% pulley, ARP bolt and belt is around $700. The VMAX 87mm TB is $350 w/o core. Well within your budget.

once I up the boost i'll be due for injectors. with wont be in the budget with the lower balancer/pulley. that's why I chose to do the upper first with injectors. It becomes a puzzle once you start buying parts and reaching the limits of other parts.

I have a 90mm LS3 throttle body unported in my garage.

AMMUSCLE 09-28-2013 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wezbad1 (Post 7046731)

Great Advice.
I would contact JRE.
I do not think you need injectors yet with this combo.

cam99 09-29-2013 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jer4251 (Post 7046740)
once I up the boost i'll be due for injectors. with wont be in the budget with the lower balancer/pulley. that's why I chose to do the upper first with injectors. It becomes a puzzle once you start buying parts and reaching the limits of other parts.

you won't need injectors with a 10% lower

JANNETTYRACING 10-01-2013 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jer4251 (Post 7046740)

The Crank pulley is the better way to go, this reduces belt slip during throttle transitions and on shifts by keeping the stock upper.

We can spin the blower to Max RPM with the choice of Crank pulleys we have.

You can run 10% no problem with stock injectors I recommend the ID-850s at 18% or over.

You can use your 90mm LS3 as a core and obtain a Vmax Ported version from us for 150.00

Remember the upper pulley requires removal of he blower on this car it is not so easy as the CTSV.

You either have to drill holes in your cowl or Drop the engine to remove the blower.

Feel free to call me.

bumblebeecamaro 10-01-2013 12:22 PM

^ damn... I've heard the blower removal isn't an easy job but I didn't know the engine would have to be pulled. I wouldn't be drilling any holes in my cowl area.

gen=5 10-01-2013 01:20 PM

drilling holes in the cowl is not that big of a deal its done under the cowl so it can not be seen,everyone that wants to have any real power does it,i did it at faslane the first week i owned it,612rwhp,now going for 650rwhp,fastlane pretty much did it cheaper than i could find anywhere,plus good service. they are also going to help me with the placement of my wheelchair because throwing it in the back seats will do damage sooner or later no matter how small the chair is or careful one is,trust me.anyway you can read the bottom and see my list of mods,and yes do the injectors first,you will be ok up to abou low 600rwhp then you need to upgrade the fuel pump in which ever way you choose to do so. I might take out my rear seats and build a wheelchair storage set up,and then be able to just push a release and rein-stall the seats all using the factory seat hold on's bolt holes etc..good luck if you have any question call nick he will give you all the free advise you want nickfield@fastlaneturbo.com or 885 426 7746..

Jer4251 10-02-2013 03:49 PM

I think i'm going to go with the ATI balancer and 10% pulley, might as well put the throttle body to use while im at it.