Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Gas Prices, Your Camaro, Your Limit? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=599661)

Moto-Mojo 11-23-2021 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HDRDTD (Post 11101038)
Don't really care what the price of gas is. It is what it is, and won't stay high forever. I have a 2015 Malibu 2.0T for a daily drive through the winter months.

Come warm weather again, I'll drive with the top down and a grin with my 2013 ZL1 convertible rowing the gears.

I wish I shared your optimism. I begin to care at $5.00/gal. I've never witnessed $6.00 but I'm thinking I'll be caring on a whole new level when, not if, that happens in Calunicornia. And as I said earlier, since war has been declared on fossil fuels, I can't say with any degree of certainty that it 'won't stay that way forever,' :faint:

Cheap Guy 11-23-2021 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KenKat (Post 11101055)
I spent a little over $50 at Kroger to fill up my my modest and unassuming V6 the other day. That was 87 octane at $3.25/gal with 30 cents in Kroger fuel points!

Gotta love the Kroger points and discounts! I always try to run my tank damn near dry so I can get the full ten cent discount when I reach that point.

In general, gas and the stock market are basically the same - you can’t try to judge or time the market due to the constant ups and downs. Buying or selling a car strictly based on today’s gas prices would be as foolish as dumping your 401k when the big losses hit. Having said that, it doesn’t hurt to have a backup - I bought a little Chevy HHR that I primarily drive - no premium gas and 30 mpg. Pretty it ain’t to some people but I’ve been driving the snot out of since I bought it a few months ago.

George-CZ 03-01-2022 03:12 PM

$7.14/gal. We break records :cool: :facepalm:

SS376 03-01-2022 08:13 PM

Well, it's not my daily driver but if driven gently it gets better mpg than the daily, so I guess if prices keep going up I guess I'll drive it more!

Wizard1183 03-02-2022 04:38 AM

I’m good up to $10 a gallon. After that I draw the line. Grab my pew pew and demand prices to drop to $9.99 a gallon. I can afford whatever gas goes to. Likely see $5 a gal maybe $6-7 in CaliChina. Mines a toy so I honestly don’t care. Now my truck is around $60 a tank at the moment and that’s my commuter. I wouldn’t be surprised to see $150 a bbl of oil by mid summer. That happens? Prepare for a major market crash. It’s not sustainable and that will be the straw to break the camels back so to speak. I understand many can’t afford high gas pricing. I work in oil and gas so for me I’m fine with oil up. $3 a gal at the pump should be good for everyone. The only issue I have is that low paying jobs are beginning to pay more but careers, the pay doesn’t reflect inflation. All part of the master plan. Work for nothing and continue to slavery.

xstuntman 03-02-2022 07:41 AM

Now being reported that the Whitehouse has asked the U.S. oil producers to ramp up production. Maybe ramping it down a year ago for a green new deal might bite us?
Gee, who could have seen that coming, right?
:D

DavidH 03-02-2022 08:14 AM

I'm hoping the increase doesn't continue. In Ohio we have held at 3.39 for 93 premium for most of the last 6 months.

I paid $4.05 a gallon yesterday. Most I've ever paid. $60 didn't even fill it up. This is honestly more than my Silverado uses. We keep a high mileage Nissan versa handy for good MPGs but I suspect the Camaro will become a Friday-Sunday vehicle soon. I worked all my life to have a nice car and fairly disappointed now that this is happening.

I'd say before too long my Silverado will go up for sale and be replaced with another max MPG vehicle or something I can put a roof rack on. That way we can still kayak and haul some lumber.

Once prices hit $5/gal I will probably be parking the car during the week and driving weekends only. Most likely making arrangements to sell my truck by then and find a hybrid vehicle. As much as I make fun of my father in law for his Prius....watching him get 50+mpg out of a work car is enticing.

Moto-Mojo 03-02-2022 08:25 AM

I could never be ‘good up to $10.’ Especially since there’s not a good reason other than market manipulation, gouging and flawed green policies behind the hikes. You don’t go from the largest producer of oil in the world to buying it from Russia - funding their war at $100M per DAY, by osmosis. You do it because someone’s party wanted it that way.

NOT A 45 03-02-2022 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moto-Mojo (Post 11140466)
I could never be ‘good up to $10.’ Especially since there’s not a good reason other than market manipulation, gouging and flawed green policies behind the hikes. You don’t go from the largest producer of oil in the world to buying it from Russia - funding their war at $100M per DAY, by osmosis. You do it because someone’s party wanted it that way.

Careful there....I got my pee pee slapped for talking about that race car driver Brandon! lol

CamaroCracka 03-02-2022 08:59 AM

The last time oil was this high, I had the stroke of genius to buy a motorcycle to save on gas. Within the year, an 82 year old lady ran a red light and ran me over resulting in the loss of my left leg. Still like motorcycles, but they aren't for me. My point is, I don't care how high it goes, I'm driving this pig. With that said, I work from home and don't get to drive the toys near as much as I would like, but I'm not looking to trade the Denali HD either and that is the wife's daily.

Moto-Mojo 03-02-2022 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NOT A 45 (Post 11140474)
Careful there....I got my pee pee slapped for talking about that race car driver Brandon! lol

You’re right. What was I thinking? Peace, love, dope and Camaros forever! :rules:

xstuntman 03-02-2022 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroCracka (Post 11140480)
The last time oil was this high, I had the stroke of genius to buy a motorcycle to save on gas. Within the year, an 82 year old lady ran a red light and ran me over resulting in the loss of my left leg. Still like motorcycles, but they aren't for me. My point is, I don't care how high it goes, I'm driving this pig. With that said, I work from home and don't get to drive the toys near as much as I would like, but I'm not looking to trade the Denali HD either and that is the wife's daily.

Safety is high on my list too.
Gas this high and idiots here still driving like Ricky Bobby on meth so I daily a lifted 4wd Suburban with no plan to change. At 13mpg around town (and a 40 gallon tank) I do plan out my trips better and drive less, but when i do drive it's a backroads leisurely drive for me.

Tony-8 03-02-2022 11:11 AM

She's the only real "vice" that costs me anything, so as soon as the salt is off the roads for good, she'll come out of storage and be driven on every dry day - no matter the price of gas.

And she will never be sold while I'm still breathing. ;-)

Moto-Mojo 03-02-2022 11:14 AM

That’s my fear with this inflation stuff. If we project the notion that we don’t care what you charge us for goods and services, Katy bar the door. Your Camaro may just be a fair weather friend, but you have to eat every day!