Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-topic Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   "Men are hunters, and the car is the bait..." (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89150)

DarkneSS 06-12-2010 04:01 PM

"Men are hunters, and the car is the bait..."

"Men buy nice cars not because men like nice cars, but because men know women like nice cars. The car is the bait, you just wait for the girl to be like, "oh hey nice Porsche!" GOTCHA B%#H!"

Lets admit it, this car has a strong appeal to women, so who is man enough to admit that the fact that girls love this car was at least SOMEWHAT factored into the purchasing equation?

Me personally it was a small part but I have to admit that small part of me did get it so women would want to ride in my car, my last car wasn't exactly girl friendly. Then again no car with open headers generally is =o

FESS UP PEOPLE

and if you didn't...uh...cool <33

Quotes from Chapelle

Stormyone 06-12-2010 04:06 PM

Not a factor.... I am older than some (50) and been married for 20 yrs... I have always liked sports cars or muscle cars... I had a 68 firebird with a 455 in it, I've had a Porsche 944, and a vette... I like what I like, not because of the attention the car may attract...

ChriSS84 06-12-2010 04:08 PM

Should give credit to Chappelle for that....

The girls should be about the SS.... lol

DarkneSS 06-12-2010 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stormyone (Post 1976642)
Not a factor.... I am older than some (50) and been married for 20 yrs... I have always liked sports cars or muscle cars... I had a 68 firebird with a 455 in it, I've had a Porsche 944, and a vette... I like what I like, not because of the attention the car may attract...

Sick cars man. I'd expect the younger crowd like myself was more interested in buying it for the reasons in my original post.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cash84 (Post 1976649)
Should give credit to Chappelle for that....

The girls should be about the SS.... lol

Yep thats why it was in quotes!

Stormyone 06-12-2010 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkneSS (Post 1976650)
Sick cars man. I'd expect the younger crowd like myself was more interested in buying it for the reasons in my original post.

Yep thats why it was in quotes!

yeah you are probably right....lol just wanted to add my two cents...

Camaro Freak 06-12-2010 04:29 PM

No factor here. I am just a car nut.

Brownhornitt 06-12-2010 04:32 PM

I'm "younger" still for a little while longer. Non-factor here. Already have a girlfriend, and she has been surprisingly indifferent about the Camaro. Really, I have gotten the most positive remarks from older gentleman and kids. Not women.

And if you get a girl because she likes your car, chances are you don't want to be with her for life anyway. Shallow.

Funny standup, though. One of my favorites.

StuntmanMike 06-12-2010 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brownhornitt (Post 1976697)
And if you get a girl because she likes your car, chances are you don't want to be with her for life anyway. Shallow.

:word:

AZCamaroFan 06-12-2010 04:49 PM

Not a factor for me. I loved Camaro's since i was a kid, and my parents owned them too. I really love design, whether it be cars, jets like the F-22, or spaceships in Star Wars. I don't want a girl to like me for my car. It's cool when a girl likes a car for how it looks, and not what it cost. When a girl has no appreciation, that's unattractive to me too. My friend told me one time that he was out with his wife and a Sting Ray drove past and she said "that's ugly". She gets a - point for that!

007s 'Vert 06-12-2010 05:47 PM

Dude are you kidding me? When you first saw this car did you think to yourself " Uhhhh, Gee I wonder if I am going to get laid now if I bought one of those"
Oh Puhleeeeez! I thought I would never see a thread like this pop up. Chicks may dig the car but if they are shallow enough to just give you some personal female attention "just because you have a Camaro" then to be honest with you I really dont think they are worth going out with.
Didn't it cross you mind before you started this thread that women just might be reading this thread as well? And a lot of these women in here also own Camaros as well, do you think that when they first saw the Camaro they thought to themselves "Hey thats a sweet looking car! maybe now if I bought one I can get laid now!"

I didn't think so either!

Hey I am not trying to bash you in any way but actually I am feeling a bit insulted when someone comes on here and says that we should all admit that we bought the car because we felt that it would affect our love lives.
Dude I am 45 years old now and have four children(two grown up now), happily married, sold a 68 Camaro that I had for 20 years in order to make room for my future new Camaro, and am saving up for it as well, believe me......... the last thing that I thought when I first saw and decided on getting one is"hmmmmm now I will have women everywhere wanting me" c'mon now, those days are over, a car is a car and nothing more than that. Ya the folks at Chevy hit a home run with this stunning piece of machinery. Will it get you laid? Maybe, but if that is the only reason some chick will get with you then I highly suggest that you wear some serious protection when you do her, because this is the type of woman that will do anything for any reason.
Ya maybe if I were about 25 years younger I might have thought the same way as you but please have a bit of respect for the older gentlemen in here and dont insult their integrity.
My wife reads these forums as well and when she sees this cr@p she gets a little offended as well.
all I am saying is this.......enjoy the car for what it is and not what it can get you, be it attention from gaulkers, chicks, status, envious onlookers(and this means you Mustang folks),
or whatever.......just enjoy it and try and be safe in your lovelife, too many folks are out there getting diseases and such, I would hate to see anybody get these diseases just because they had a quickee from some shallow Camaro groupee.
Yes this car DOES stand out to members of the opposite sex and it does attract attention, all I am saying is to be careful, there is stuff out there that you can catch and it WILL kill you, hmmmm that is the Dad in me talking.
The car is sexy with its design and I am sure it will bring back some youthful memories for me but that is where it ends, the last thing I need now is for some young shallow, bubblegum chewing, girl to be interested in going for a ride in my Camaro, I am beyond that.
Just my two cents

Tessa 06-12-2010 05:55 PM

I certainly didn't buy the car to get attention from the ladies. LOL!!
I didn't do it for the men either - this is the only car I have EVER seen that I had to have (to me all other cars are just cars - nothing really all that special about them, some might look nice or have cool features but...it's four wheels and a body)...but not my baby - she's something different...
And actually - I think I intimidate the men around me having such a hotass car while they're driving their sedans ;)
LOL!!

007s 'Vert 06-12-2010 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tessa (Post 1976893)
I didn't do it for the men either - this is the only car I have EVER seen that I had to have (to me all other cars are just cars - nothing really all that special about them, some might look nice or have cool features but...it's four wheels and a body)...but not my baby - she's something different...
And actually - I think I intimidate the men around me having such a hotass car while they're driving their sedans ;)
LOL!!

I love it! You go girl!

98_Camaro 06-12-2010 06:38 PM

Well mine wasn't bought because it would attract women. I found out it sorta did that on it's own...
It was kind of funny when I see two girls in a New Beetle rubbernecking to take a look at my car. We were on the freeway, and they'd been behind us for a while until they decided to speed up and get a view from the front.
Gotta say, I had a hard time getting my head out of the door after that one...

As for the new ones; I want one because it's the badass on the road. It's the one car that I looked at and thought, "Holy crap. That's nice." It's the car that got me interested in automobiles.

Eric's Blue 06-12-2010 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tessa (Post 1976893)
LOL!!

Yeah, I agree. I think it work against a single woman. It would be very intimatidating.