Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Member Car Journals (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   MY FSP Built AGP TT Camaro [COTW 4/20/15] (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=387778)

1KillerSS 12-10-2014 11:51 PM

MY FSP Built AGP TT Camaro [COTW 4/20/15]

9 Attachment(s)
Current status of car, and summary of build.

Update As of January 4th, 2017

I have made arrangements to have the car taken to Hutter Performance, which is also Hutter Racing Engines. For engine R&R, and tuning. As soon as they can get me in, the car will be transported to them. Looks like 6 weeks from now.

October 2016
Current status

Car is home, and parked in the garage, trying to finish some of the things FSP missed, or never did. It has low oil pressure when at operating temperature. So the car will likely stay grounded until the spring. When I can get it to someone else who can fix the engine and tune the car.

Summary of Current mods.

Engine mods are as follows

CP pistons
Callies compstar rods
ACI coated race bearings
Durabond cam bearings
arp head studs
arp cam bolts
arp balancer bolt
arp main studs
GM High pressure oil pump with Melling spring
ls2 damper
c5r timing chain
comp cams trunion upgrade
new front and rear cover seals
new oil pan gasket
new valve seals
ls9 head gaskets
cadillac racing lifters
ID850's
25% SLP Under drive pulley
AGP Twin turbo kit
54/57 Turbos
Large race Intercooler
Livernois Dual fuel pump system
ECS BAP
Alky Control dual nozzle meth system
FSP custom grind cam

Car mods
AEM Tru Boost Controller
AEM AFR gauge
AEM Fuel Pressure Gauge
LNC-2000 Two Step
JDP clutch reservoir kit
SJM Line Lock
Autometer A Pillar pod
AreoForce dash vent gauge pod
MSD Raptor shift light
3" inch Magnaflow Catback Exhaust with X pipe
Mantic Twin 9000 Clutch
DSS 1000hp axles
DSS aluminum one piece drive shaft
ZL1 Rear end with 3.23 gears
BMR Trailing Arms,
Rear, Polyurethane Bushings
BMR Toe Rods,
HE solid sub frame bushings
HE rear differential offset bushings
R1-Premiere Cross drilled and slotted rotors
Hawk HPS Pads

Exterior mods.
CEC c884 aluminum forged 20X10 inch wheels for the front and 20X11 inch wheels for the rear sitting on Goodyear Eagle F1 tires on the front and Mickey Thompson DR's on the rear.
New billet aluminum grill, top and bottom piece
Smoke colored headlight covers
Smoke colored tail light covers
Smoke colored fog light covers

Future mods, once I get the car home.

BMR one inch lowering springs
New Mickey Thompson DR's

Things I will do once my cash flow permits:

Fore or AGP triple pump fuel supply
Milled heads to raise compression a little
New clutch want to go to a triple disk
Two 17 inch wheels for the track
AGP MPH switch (for upping the boost after a certain mph)
Flex fuel meth fail safe system
RPM Roll Bar with removable swing out door bars

Here is a compilation of all my idle clips.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cD_EiaAfJm8

Here is a couple videos of some WOT pulls.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56BZaFnZj2E

Two step videos, day and night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TqefTgndFI

Here is Matt from FSP breaking in the engine and clutch on the dyno, followed by a couple runs, ending with the car spinning the tires.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEeSviNn1CE

My complete build thread starts here.

I have never had my very own super duper kung foo killer muscle car to do with as I see fit, for financial or other reasons...family and spouse were always totally against it. Until now......

Week of July 4th 2012--Made the decision to get a car I knew I could have fun with and afford. Had to have been a Chevy, my first car was a Camaro, after that I was a chevy man for life.....Went to the dealership and told them I wanted a M6 LS3, those were my only requirements.

Car was bought with 48 miles on it...which was really cool because I am a Jimmy Johnson fan!

So one day I was doing some research on the internet, and one of my searches led me to C5, I had also remembered my car salesperson tell me that you guys were all a bunch of nuts and had all kinds of cool things you could do to the cars....Now I am a C5 junkie and am constantly reading, gathering information, and formulating evil master plans! :headbang:

I was real big into SC for my future build. So I started investing in parts that I could consider supporting mods. And also in some parts that I just wanted anyway for fun.

R1-Premiere Cross drilled and slotted rotors
Hawk HPS Pads
Bought Kooks Stepped LT's
Cat-less mid-pipes
Borla S-Type Axle back mufflers
VMAX Ported Throttle Body
Cold Air Inductions. Inc CAI
ADM race scoop and washer bottle relocation kit
25% SLP Under drive pulley
Innovate MTXL-1 AFR guage
Vitesse Throttle controller

Had Matt from FSP remote tune the car on the street first then a Mustang dyno. 420WHP/401WTQ

Here is a sound clip of the car with the Kooks Stepped headers, no cats and Borla Axleback Exhaust, I will really miss this once I re install my factory manifolds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYTK...Uetct8_0k4Y5rw

So The time had come for me to pick a FI system, it was either SC or Turbo's. To make a long story short A lot of people have Superchargers on their Camaros, but not so many have turbos. That and after doing a ton of research, the AGP kit met my HP goals within the price I was wanting to work with.

So here it is! the RWHP goal is 750ish..

Pics and videos will start coming soon!

December 10th 2014 Took the Car to Matt @ FSP for the following work.

AGP Twin turbo kit
54/57 Turbos
AGP CAI kit
Intercooler
ID850's
Livernois Dual fuel pump system
Alky Control dual nozzle meth system
FSP custom grind cam
AEM Tru Boost Controller
Autometer A Pillar pod
MSD shift light
3" inch Magnaflow Catback Exhaust with X pipe
Mantic Twin 9000 Clutch
DSS 1400hp axles
DSS 1 piece Aluminum Drive Shaft
Lakewood Sub-frame connectors
BMR Trailing Arms,
BMR Toe Rods,

Here is a before and after photograph of the car, along with the dyno sheets. Don't mind the dent in the drivers side quarter panel, it was fixed months ago.

KriticalFlaco 12-13-2014 10:41 PM

should be a beast no doubt when "santa" is done with it....

i2disturbedSS 12-14-2014 02:24 AM

Nice, good things do happen - Keep the Dream Alive!

miller8907 12-14-2014 06:20 AM

Nice build. I have twins in my dreams but it will be a while. Looking forward to seeing what you get out of them.

1KillerSS 12-14-2014 07:21 PM

The wait is killing me!

fyibaiers 12-16-2014 06:55 AM

started investing in parts that I could consider supporting mods. And also in some parts that I just wanted anyway for fun.http://goo.gl/oMkMtJ

1KillerSS 01-06-2015 05:32 PM

7 Attachment(s)
The boys at FSP been rockin it!

yesterday they took out the axles, Drive shaft and transmission along with tearing the valve covers off for the new dual valve springs.

Today the car was all tore down ready for the rest of the build, they finished the dual valve springs but tomorrow starts the rest!. Here are the pictures of the day.

1KillerSS 01-08-2015 01:08 PM

6 Attachment(s)
So yesterday when they were putting the cam, one of the lifters dropped so they just pulled the engine. The transmission was already off of the car and the motor was just sitting there on a few motor mounts.

So cam is in, valve springs are done motor is finished and Livernois dual Fuel pumps will be done by the end of the day. Not sure when they will put the engine back or what else they will finish or get started onto today, but its only 2pm and as we all can see there moving fast. Here are the pictures of today, more updates later!

Jared91 01-08-2015 07:44 PM

And the anticipation builds !!! Going to be one sweet car when it's finished up. Good luck falling to sleep at night in the mean time haha.

1KillerSS 01-08-2015 08:22 PM

Mantic 9000 Clutch is installed!
Livernois Fuel system installed!

Fuel tank and transmission will be back in the car tomorrow, first thing in the morning.

1KillerSS 01-10-2015 07:50 AM

3 Attachment(s)
So here we are at the end of the week, motor and accessories are back in the car, along with transmission. The Alky Control will be installed by Monday, the AGP kit was shipped earlier this week so it will be here shortly....

FSP really moved fast on this build. I dropped the car off to them on the 10th of December, They didn't start on it until the 4th of Jan. They had other projects in the shop they were working on and plus the shop shut down from the 24th of December to the 4th of Jan. So considering they ended up pulling the motor and transmission, and as you can see by the pics they went through everything, they hauled ass! I couldn't be happier with my choice. In less than a week they did all the work described above.

1KillerSS 01-12-2015 05:56 PM

8 Attachment(s)
Well today was Alky control. As you can see by the picts they rocked it out.

So were waiting on the turbo kit from AGP, it will arrive Wednesday, which is a real bummer for FSP. I had bought a plane ticket and hotel reservations in December for the 15th of Jan. That was based on me and Matts discussion. We both felt it was plenty of time. Not much he can do when parts are not in his hands. Yet Matt is assuring me that hell have the car ready by the end of the week. I hate to put them under the gun, the cost of the tickets is nothing compared to the cost of the build. So we will just see how it goes. I want the guys to have fun and enjoy the build, not want to kick it out of the shop.
:thanks:

CHMSC 01-12-2015 10:05 PM

FSP FTW....you will be very happy once you get it back.

1KillerSS 01-14-2015 12:05 PM

Ok well the car will not be picked up this week, I discussed with Matt, the possibility of me picking up the car on Friday and keeping my travel plans in order, as we originally decided on, and he and I both think that we are just asking for trouble. We are both on the same page, I know, and he knows, they could have the kit installed and finished for me Friday night, however this leaves no room for error or anything else that will most likely come up according to murphys law. I have had over ten years in this business and I know what happens when you try to rush things out the door, add onto that what happens when the employees start to hate the project. Its just not worth it. I can always buy another plane ticket. Better to do that than regret it later.

As I stated before I want the shop to have fun with my build, and keep a great attitude towards the job. Not for them to stress out and want to kick the car to the curb when its done. Then only to find out after it goes that its got a few bugs in it and needs to come back. After all as Matt said, "its not like I live an hour away", I no longer live in his backyard I now am a snow bird living in Ohio, and when I pick up the car, that's where I'll be driving too. I want to send a big THANK YOU! to all the guys at FSP! and also to Matt personally for being a stand up guy and a consummate professional!