Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Member Car Journals (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Tom Henry Racing THR22 2010/LS3/IBM/Supercharged SS Camaro [COTW 10/29/12] (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24276)

Darth_Emma 03-22-2011 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTAHVIT (Post 2995427)
OH... and my car is straight as an arrow now

:D

Just sayin....

so Pete... you know, since the supercars are SOOOOooooOOOOOOOOooooo adjustable...

Say if I were to have a grudge match with a "friend" and say we were going to do both Autox aaaannd Drag racing... what would be the recommended settings on both rebound and compression for all four of my adjustable coilovers for both autox and drag racing?????

hmmmm?????

... he's going to be insufferable until after the fest...

GTAHVIT 03-22-2011 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth_Emma (Post 2995483)
... he's going to be insufferable until after the fest...

http://gorakhpurinfo.com/images%5Csmiley%5Cyes.gif

WadeWilson 03-22-2011 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTAHVIT (Post 2995568)

:laugh:

JusticePete 03-22-2011 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTAHVIT (Post 2994128)
OK

Fronts 64.8 CM

Rears 66.5 CM

And they are exactly the same on both sides.. I did not adjust the ride height at all.. They are set as they came from the factory.

Not that it affects ride height, but, we put the preload on the rears at 5mm and about 3 mm up front. I shot some video of how to set the preload on the rears, same process as the fronts.

Alignment,

Jerry Hamm here in Jax has a real good Corvette/Camaro Tech named Mike.

After I asked him to time the bushings he said no problem. In fact he said... I'm glad you asked me to do that it makes perfect sense....

I didn't ask him for any custom alignment, especially since I'm about to drive 4K miles here in a couple weeks... But they're gonna take care of me.

:thumbsup:

OK translation

OE Front with 20" Wheels 694mm
OE Rear with 20" Wheels 700mm

OE Front with 20" Wheels 648mm / dropped 46mm about 2"
OE Rear with 20" Wheels 665mm / dropped 35mm about 1 1/2 inches

Tell you alignment professional Mike that you would like your rear to have minimal negative camber. Less is better. Up front with your Supercars and radius bush inserts you can run a bit negative -.75 to -1 with minimal toe and get excellent tire wear all around with good turn in and cornering.

JusticePete 03-22-2011 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PQ (Post 2994863)
:mad0259: Blah Blah Blah,,,,,,, "Look at me..... I live in Jacksonville where I have access to all the cool stuff............ and good shops......... and parts".......... blah blah blah.......... Attachment 219274

I need lug nuts...... gotta order them.
I need a fuel schreader valve....... gotta order it.
I need a dyno tune......... gotta drive 7 hours to get it.
I need a decent alignment....... :help:

But NOOoooooOOOOoooo........... not Mister fortunate here......

Chris: "Oh..... looky there, a speed shop with all the resources opens up across the street. How luck am I?"

:suicide:<<<<<<<<<<< PQ

*ahem*

Ok. I"m ok.

:bellyroll:

:word:

:laughabove:

JusticePete 03-22-2011 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTAHVIT (Post 2995427)
OH... and my car is straight as an arrow now

Just sayin....

so Pete... you know, since the supercars are SOOOOooooOOOOOOOOooooo adjustable...

Say if I were to have a grudge match with a "friend" and say we were going to do both Autox aaaannd Drag racing... what would be the recommended settings on both rebound and compression for all four of my adjustable coilovers for both autox and drag racing?????

hmmmm?????

That is top secret, but I'll post it any way.

http://www.photoshopessentials.com/i...hite-lines.gif

GTAHVIT 03-22-2011 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JusticePete (Post 2995708)

Ooooohhh... yeah... that will work nicely.

Good call.

:thumbsup:

PQ 03-22-2011 03:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by zebra (Post 2995197)
somebody's being a whiny little diva :rolleyes:

Attachment 219332

Quote:

Originally Posted by JusticePete (Post 2995708)

I got my secret Cracker Jax decoder ring out. I know what you guys are up to.

JusticePete 03-22-2011 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PQ (Post 2995767)
Attachment 219332

:D :D :D

Mr Twisty 03-22-2011 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PQ (Post 2995767)
Attachment 219332

Got my Ovaltine decoder on it.... lessee....

.....says, "Buy more Ovaltine." :facepalm:

themossman 03-22-2011 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PQ (Post 2994863)
:mad0259: Blah Blah Blah,,,,,,, "Look at me..... I live in Jacksonville where I have access to all the cool stuff............ and good shops......... and parts".......... blah blah blah..........

It's not all roses here in JAX...I still opt for a six hour journey north when I need some heavy lifting (and fine tuning) done...

Oh...and during the install...I took a little bit of THR22 with me that day. I know this because I dug it out of my thumb yesterday...little blue piece of metal. Now Chris's car is a little bit lighter too....uh oh....

GTAHVIT 03-22-2011 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by themossman (Post 2995994)
It's not all roses here in JAX...I still opt for a six hour journey north when I need some heavy lifting (and fine tuning) done...

Oh...and during the install...I took a little bit of THR22 with me that day. I know this because I dug it out of my thumb yesterday...little blue piece of metal. Now Chris's car is a little bit lighter too....uh oh....

Just giving back for all the harras... err help on Saturday.

Oh the noise... yeah it was that rear exhaust hanger I was bitching about loosening...

JusticePete 03-22-2011 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTAHVIT (Post 2996048)
Oh the noise... yeah it was that rear exhaust hanger I was bitching about loosening...

Mossman and I were talking about this. We were betting on a loose screw. :yikes:

themossman 03-22-2011 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTAHVIT (Post 2996048)
Just giving back for all the harras... err help on Saturday.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JusticePete (Post 2996068)
Mossman and I were talking about this. We were betting on a loose screw. :yikes:

I told you...it was that Cleatus bolt I fount in my pocket when I got home...

600hp-lpe 03-22-2011 05:43 PM

See? i told ya somebody was gonna covet *something* from Chris's car.. wasn't thinking part of the exhaust hanger, though. was more betting on one or two of them pretty coilover shocks...

Darth_Emma 03-22-2011 06:15 PM

Quote:

You really shouldn't blame PQ. He wasn't even there. :)

JusticePete 03-22-2011 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth_Emma (Post 2996366)

GTAHVIT -- Loose Screw
PQ -- Loose Nuts

:laughabove: :facepalm: :sm0:

Darth_Emma 03-22-2011 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JusticePete (Post 2996380)
GTAHVIT -- Loose Screw
PQ -- Loose Nuts

Felix and Oscar of Camaro5.

PQ 03-22-2011 07:10 PM

5 Attachment(s)
:bellyroll:

:sm0:

Attachment 219419

:)

Attachment 219420

Attachment 219421

Attachment 219422

Attachment 219423

600hp-lpe 03-22-2011 07:52 PM

Hey Chris.. we are all waiting on your synopsis of how much the car's handling changed and what your butt dyno says. tried it out on any decent on/off ramps yet?

zebra 03-22-2011 08:08 PM

Darth_Emma 03-22-2011 09:16 PM

We might hear from him if he can just stop driving for a few minutes...

JusticePete 03-22-2011 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth_Emma (Post 2997189)
We might hear from him if he can just stop driving for a few minutes...

He doesn't need us any more. I feel so used.

Darth_Emma 03-22-2011 09:22 PM

C'mon over to speedster's thread... we're staying up late waiting for dyno videos and graphs. We have burgers, fries, and beer.

JusticePete 03-22-2011 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth_Emma (Post 2997209)
C'mon over to speedster's thread... we're staying up late waiting for dyno videos and graphs. We have burgers, fries, and beer.

I am on the way!

GTAHVIT 03-22-2011 09:39 PM

Quote:

Uh huh... I see what you did there...

Quote:

Originally Posted by themossman (Post 2996246)
I told you...it was that Cleatus bolt I fount in my pocket when I got home...

Wait... you mean I wasn't supposed to use the endlink and duct tape to hold the knuckle to the coilover???

Quote:

Originally Posted by 600hp-lpe (Post 2996252)
See? i told ya somebody was gonna covet *something* from Chris's car.. wasn't thinking part of the exhaust hanger, though. was more betting on one or two of them pretty coilover shocks...

Well I had to keep telling Moss, "no dude, those are the stock shocks... dude, stop trying to put the supercars in your trunk..."

:iono:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth_Emma (Post 2996366)

:sm0: :laughabove:

Quote:

Originally Posted by JusticePete (Post 2996380)
GTAHVIT -- Loose Screw
PQ -- Loose Nuts

:laugh: LOLWAITWUT?????? :facepalm:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth_Emma (Post 2996402)
Felix and Oscar of Camaro5.

:mad0260:

Quote:

Originally Posted by 600hp-lpe (Post 2996792)
Hey Chris.. we are all waiting on your synopsis of how much the car's handling changed and what your butt dyno says. tried it out on any decent on/off ramps yet?

Quote:

Originally Posted by zebra (Post 2996868)

You know... I've really been struggling with this... I mean... today on the drive home was my first chance with the suspension tuned to really feel the improvement...

Traffic was pretty thick so I didn't really get to play much... but... I can tell you the first impressions are this is a completely different car...

When I took delivery of my Camaro the supercharger was on it... So I was learning how to control that much power as I learned the car's characteristics.... I can say I'm starting that process over from scratch... There is such a huge increase in stability and traction that it just breeds confidence..

Being a relative rookie when it comes to a suspension as sophisticated as what I purchased from Pedders... I still know, not guess, but know that the car can do more than I'm prepared to attempt at this point... I knew where the limits were on my car with stock suspension... I knew where to get out of it and when I could get into it.... Not to say I'm a race car driver... but I knew my car...

I don't know my car any more... but... I KNOW it's faster, more stable, more safe, more capable, less sketchy... I KNOW the limits of the car are vastly increased. I don't know where the limit is any more. But the confidence that the car is safe... is higher... if that makes sense.

Gah it's so hard to explain from a rookies perspective... Let me try this...

When I first got THR22 I was afraid of it. Ask Randy. I had never owned a car with any where near 500 RWHP. So I knew the car could get me into a real mess if I didn't respect it. I've also learned that is the nature of horse power.

OK, I say all that to say this....

Yes the suspension was expensive. But on the scale of performance improvement, it is as much as the supercharger was. But in a vastly different way. When I first got the car,being afraid of it, I drove it very moderately. The supercars, sways, and bushings, remove that, "damn this thing is gonna kill me" feeling and gives you that, "I've got this thing under complete control." confidence. Like I said, I know the car can do more than I am comfortable with.

Simple example. Getting on the freeway in 3rd gear was an exercise in throttle control. At any time in the cloverleaf on ramp I could break it loose with a simple blip of the throttle. NOW, I could jump on the gas in the middle of that same on ramp and simply accelerate.

Bottom line, the car is better, safer, more refined.... Complete... :D

I am more excited to learn how to drive the car now, than I was when I first picked up THR22 from Tom Henry... :happyanim:

Maybe I'll be able to better articulate it the more I learn how to utilize the new found performance increase... :iono:

Gees I just wrote the extended version of Lord of the Rings... :facepalm:

PQ 03-22-2011 09:47 PM

Dude, all BS aside. I'm jazzed for you. That's awesome. (tad envious) ok (TON envious) But I"m still gonna do what I can to kick yo ace on the strip.

So you gotta let me use some DRs and you use stocks. :D

600hp-lpe 03-22-2011 09:54 PM

You need to go to an autocross to really appreciate what the suspension upgrade you just did offers. You can shake the car out and see what it has to offer.

Bring PQ for a ride at the AutoX.. LOL

Then again, an Autocross might have you wanting to buy more parts. Hi Performance Tires, perhaps?

GTAHVIT 03-22-2011 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PQ (Post 2997319)
Dude, all BS aside. I'm jazzed for you. That's awesome. (tad envious) ok (TON envious) But I"m still gonna do what I can to kick yo ace on the strip.

So you gotta let me use some DRs and you use stocks. :D

:thumbsup: thanks brother.

You can do anything you like.... except drive SST... that won't do....

GTAHVIT 03-22-2011 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 600hp-lpe (Post 2997349)
You need to go to an autocross to really appreciate what the suspension upgrade you just did offers. You can shake the car out and see what it has to offer.

Bring PQ for a ride at the AutoX.. LOL

Then again, an Autocross might have you wanting to buy more parts. Hi Performance Tires, perhaps?

gees my wallet is still smoking... at least let me put the fire out that is burning all my money before you throw more fuel on it.

:help:

PQ 03-22-2011 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTAHVIT (Post 2997353)
:thumbsup: thanks brother.

You can do anything you like.... except drive SST... that won't do....

Are you kidding me? I'll make sure my shirt is tucked in just to walk BY it....... :laugh:

JusticePete 03-22-2011 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PQ (Post 2997366)
Are you kidding me? I'll make sure my shirt is tucked in just ot walk BY it....... :laugh:

Get Dan to run you through the AC and you'll need to adjust other clothing articles. You better make sure your nuts are tight too. :bellyroll:

JusticePete 03-22-2011 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTAHVIT (Post 2997283)
Uh huh... I see what you did there...

Wait... you mean I wasn't supposed to use the endlink and duct tape to hold the knuckle to the coilover???

Well I had to keep telling Moss, "no dude, those are the stock shocks... dude, stop trying to put the supercars in your trunk..."

:iono:

:sm0: :laughabove:

:laugh: LOLWAITWUT?????? :facepalm:

:mad0260:

You know... I've really been struggling with this... I mean... today on the drive home was my first chance with the suspension tuned to really feel the improvement...

Traffic was pretty thick so I didn't really get to play much... but... I can tell you the first impressions are this is a completely different car...

When I took delivery of my Camaro the supercharger was on it... So I was learning how to control that much power as I learned the car's characteristics.... I can say I'm starting that process over from scratch... There is such a huge increase in stability and traction that it just breeds confidence..

Being a relative rookie when it comes to a suspension as sophisticated as what I purchased from Pedders... I still know, not guess, but know that the car can do more than I'm prepared to attempt at this point... I knew where the limits were on my car with stock suspension... I knew where to get out of it and when I could get into it.... Not to say I'm a race car driver... but I knew my car...

I don't know my car any more... but... I KNOW it's faster, more stable, more safe, more capable, less sketchy... I KNOW the limits of the car are vastly increased. I don't know where the limit is any more. But the confidence that the car is safe... is higher... if that makes sense.

Gah it's so hard to explain from a rookies perspective... Let me try this...

When I first got THR22 I was afraid of it. Ask Randy. I had never owned a car with any where near 500 RWHP. So I knew the car could get me into a real mess if I didn't respect it. I've also learned that is the nature of horse power.

OK, I say all that to say this....

Yes the suspension was expensive. But on the scale of performance improvement, it is as much as the supercharger was. But in a vastly different way. When I first got the car,being afraid of it, I drove it very moderately. The supercars, sways, and bushings, remove that, "damn this thing is gonna kill me" feeling and gives you that, "I've got this thing under complete control." confidence. Like I said, I know the car can do more than I am comfortable with.

Simple example. Getting on the freeway in 3rd gear was an exercise in throttle control. At any time in the cloverleaf on ramp I could break it loose with a simple blip of the throttle. NOW, I could jump on the gas in the middle of that same on ramp and simply accelerate.

Bottom line, the car is better, safer, more refined.... Complete... :D

I am more excited to learn how to drive the car now, than I was when I first picked up THR22 from Tom Henry... :happyanim:

Maybe I'll be able to better articulate it the more I learn how to utilize the new found performance increase... :iono:

Gees I just wrote the extended version of Lord of the Rings... :facepalm:

It just gets better :chevy:

PQ 03-22-2011 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JusticePete (Post 2997394)
Get Dan to run you through the AC and you'll need to adjust other clothing articles. You better make sure your nuts are tight too. :bellyroll:

I may have new nuts by then. LMAO

600hp-lpe 03-22-2011 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTAHVIT (Post 2997364)

gees my wallet is still smoking... at least let me put the fire out that is burning all my money before you throw more fuel on it.

:help:

You should see my wallet (or lack of one) after all the work I just shelled out for.

5 weeks at the chassis shop, followed by 4 weeks at the auto body shop.

Now it's at the Chevy dealer getting Neutered.. they are removing Onstar and the Airbag computer. My Camaro morphed into a race car..

My Butt has 3rd degree burns. Car is coming out awesome, though!

GTAHVIT 03-22-2011 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JusticePete (Post 2997405)
It just gets better :chevy:

:headbang:

GTAHVIT 03-22-2011 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 600hp-lpe (Post 2997427)
You should see my wallet (or lack of one) after all the work I just shelled out for.

5 weeks at the chassis shop, followed by 4 weeks at the auto body shop.

Now it's at the Chevy dealer getting Neutered.. they are removing Onstar and the Airbag computer. My Camaro morphed into a race car..

My Butt has 3rd degree burns. Car is coming out awesome, though!

dude,

Your car is exceptional :respekt:

600hp-lpe 03-22-2011 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JusticePete (Post 2997394)

I figured I'd let them (GTA and PQ) have a go at it themselves..
THEN i'll bring them each for a ride in mine.:evil::evil:

600hp-lpe 03-22-2011 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTAHVIT (Post 2997442)
dude,

Your car is exceptional :respekt:

You havn't seen nothin' yet... it's still not done. It's getting close, though.

Notice the stock wheels? they are so it can roll around at the different shops. LOL

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/attach...1&d=1300846021

GTAHVIT 03-22-2011 10:09 PM

uhm... yeah.. PQ can go first....