Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   shout out to dyno steve (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=552218)

irish108 04-15-2019 03:48 AM

shout out to dyno steve

I was looking to buy the SCT X4. So I reached out to Steve and he recommended me to get the latest version which is the SCT BDX GM 40490. So I did. Got it within a few days. I went through all the steps of uploading and sending my stock file. In less than a day I had a new Tune in the car. WOW what a difference. I learned about Steve on this forum. Thanks to all of you who recommended Steve. Couldn't be happier with the whole experience and the product itself. I can't even imagine what the car would feel like with headers and a cam with Steve's Tuning. I'll be reaching out to him for more Tunes for sure.

Junior 04-15-2019 07:00 AM

Thinking of going the same route. If I remember correctly, Steve offers additional tunes for that car/tuner at no additional charge.

irish108 04-15-2019 02:47 PM

that is correct

GodWentPunk 04-15-2019 07:13 PM

I'm looking to get a tuner and both models are priced the same. I wonder from a usability, which one is better. Otherwise, it makes perfect sense to get the latest version.

Joe

Junior 04-16-2019 06:57 AM

I still have an SCT X3 that some dude just randomly gave me. I assume it's still married to the old SLP ZL585 he had and sold. Thing is just collecting dust in a cabinet. I wonder if it's worth anything to anyone? :iono:

Coreymottes 04-16-2019 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Junior (Post 10491825)
I still have an SCT X3 that some dude just randomly gave me. I assume it's still married to the old SLP ZL585 he had and sold. Thing is just collecting dust in a cabinet. I wonder if it's worth anything to anyone? :iono:

I forget the cost but if it’s married it needs to be sent back to sct to be unlocked and that costs almost as much as it’s worth alone

Junior 04-16-2019 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coreymottes (Post 10491848)
I forget the cost but if it’s married it needs to be sent back to sct to be unlocked and that costs almost as much as it’s worth alone

I thinkn you're right. What a shame, guess it's a paper weight. That being said, I do wonder what the functional difference is regarding the SCT X4 and the SCT BDX GM 40490. Definitely looking to do this in the next few months.

GodWentPunk 04-16-2019 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Junior (Post 10491967)
I thinkn you're right. What a shame, guess it's a paper weight. That being said, I do wonder what the functional difference is regarding the SCT X4 and the SCT BDX GM 40490. Definitely looking to do this in the next few months.

I would like to know as well. I'll be talking to Steve soon to make my purchase. I know the 40490 is the newer model but sometimes newer doesn't always mean better.

Joe...

Junior 04-16-2019 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GodWentPunk (Post 10491977)
sometimes newer doesn't always mean better.

Joe...

Aint that the truth. Please let us know what you learn regarding those two models. I'd like to have an idea before I talk to Steve.

GodWentPunk 04-16-2019 11:20 AM

So the newer model allows you to load tunes for multiple vehicles. I'm not in the position right now, but moving forward, I can see that happening. Yes, I still need to purchase that addition tune but I don't need a second device to manage them.

champwynn 04-16-2019 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irish108 (Post 10490771)
I was looking to buy the SCT X4. So I reached out to Steve and he recommended me to get the latest version which is the SCT BDX GM 40490. So I did. Got it within a few days. I went through all the steps of uploading and sending my stock file. In less than a day I had a new Tune in the car. WOW what a difference. I learned about Steve on this forum. Thanks to all of you who recommended Steve. Couldn't be happier with the whole experience and the product itself. I can't even imagine what the car would feel like with headers and a cam with Steve's Tuning. I'll be reaching out to him for more Tunes for sure.

did you tune a stock car?

hill_billy 04-16-2019 01:10 PM

Shout Out To DynoSteve

Quote:

Originally Posted by irish108 (Post 10490771)

I bought an SCT X4 off Steve and had him tune my car after I installed headers. Really good experience dealing with Steve, and my car runs great. I'm having a cam installed in June and plan to talk to Steve about getting another tune for the cam upgrade.

From what I understand (could be wrong), if you data log, get your tune updated based on the recorded data, and work through that process a few times, your tune should be the same (or very similar) as a street tune. It's a great option for people that don't live near reputable programmers or dyno shops.

Panda1LE 04-16-2019 01:39 PM

good to hear another happy customer. I want to buy from him but all I have done to the car is a CAI intake. Prob going to wait for more pieces then buy

irish108 04-16-2019 01:55 PM

yes pretty much. my car has a CAI and Borla mufflers thats it. Headers and a cam coming latter.