Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Rumor? 9000 Camaros waiting to be transported. (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20359)

Hylton 04-28-2009 02:56 PM

Just thought I'd repost this:

Quote:

Originally Posted by FBodfather
We made it clear in early posts that dealers would get an 'allocation number" and that these cars would be built thru the end of the third quarter. As I said above, there is simply no way that 14,000 cars can get built early on (at 200 cars a day) and everyone gets their Camaro 'first'.....

greenrail 04-28-2009 02:57 PM

Actuals

Quote:

Originally Posted by irpq11 (Post 440532)
VERY few actualls. Mostly estimates.

From what I have come to understand over the past several yearsthe numbers Automotive News is based upon production figures supplied by the manufacturer.

Having said that, 9160 produced does not indicate that all 9160 are sitting on the ground in Oshawa. Many have been transported out.

It is a continuous flow of vehicles out of the facility. For those who have never been to Oshawa, it is a huge facility where the vehicles are shipped out of. Of course any photos taken are going to show a lot of cars on the ground. That's what happens here until they are released for shipping via rail or truck.

cyberbro 04-28-2009 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobby35ny (Post 440559)
Well. most of us got the welcome kit, so its safe to say that the dealer did NOT lie about allocation.

-bobby

No that would be safe to say GM has your address and you are in the computer. If you are at the first stage and you ordered on the first day a car with no constraints, I bet you have been had.

I'm not saying you will never get a car but that would explain the 1100 club.

PAUL SS 04-28-2009 03:01 PM

If it takes 4.55 days to build a Camaro (time on the assembly Line) how do you explain Rick Hendricks number 1 car coming off the line on March 17th when production started on March 16th. That means production started before the official date of March 16.

Food for thought.

bobby35ny 04-28-2009 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyberbro (Post 440585)
No that would be safe to say GM has your address and you are in the computer. If you are at the first stage and you ordered on the first day a car with no constraints, I bet you have been had.

I'm not saying you will never get a car but that would explain the 1100 club.

I disagree, it means the dealer had ROOM in his allocation and placed the preorder. If the dealer did NOT have allocation as the poster implied. We would have not gotten the kit.

-bobby

stikSS 04-28-2009 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul SS (Post 440595)
If it takes 4.55 days to build a Camaro (time on the assembly Line) how do you explain Rick Hendricks number 1 car coming off the line on March 17th when production started on March 16th. That means production started before the official date of March 16.

Food for thought.

I thought i read somewhere on here back in March that production did start the week before the 16th so they would have cars to roll out on production day.

????????? not real sure:iono:

CamaroSue 04-28-2009 03:12 PM

I bet you guys that are still waiting, not all but some were lied to by your dealers about allocation (not GM). These guys were never thinking about a forum like this to expose them. I had it happen twice to me before I really had my order in. They always say yes we have 1 more allocation just for you, while they sold that same spot 4 times and put you in the computer but without allocation the computer jumps over it until all real pre orders with real dealer allocation are filled.

WHO wants to bet me?[/QUOTE]

I guarantee thats happening - it happened to me. My orginal dealer flat out would not tell me how many allocations they had! But were more than happy to take my order on 2/23. Finally on 4/22 I cornered the sales guy and he told me some nonsense (with some lies thrown in) like - GM had 15,000 orders in two days and they sold out!!!! I need to be patient!! Thats not verbatim - but, its close!!!! The bottom line is that they have 4 allocations and I was number 5!!! I was pissed the whole night!!! :mad0260: The next morning I contacted CamaroScotty!!!! Its all good again! :thumbup:

So, no I wont take that bet!!!

Dont take any shit from anybody!! - Billy Joel

2Muchmark 04-28-2009 03:15 PM

Shit... this may be ... true!

Just got off the phone with a GM CSR. My car is STILL ON THE LOT (and has been for weeks now). The lady told me her son is a security guard and for some reason the cars are NOT MOVING. What the FRACK is going on ?!??!

UCI CamaroFan 04-28-2009 03:17 PM

Sweet, I want my car then.

Hylton 04-28-2009 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroSue (Post 440634)
I bet you guys that are still waiting, not all but some were lied to by your dealers about allocation (not GM). These guys were never thinking about a forum like this to expose them. I had it happen twice to me before I really had my order in. They always say yes we have 1 more allocation just for you, while they sold that same spot 4 times and put you in the computer but without allocation the computer jumps over it until all real pre orders with real dealer allocation are filled.

WHO wants to bet me?

I guarantee thats happening - it happened to me. My orginal dealer flat out would not tell me how many allocations they had! But were more than happy to take my order on 2/23. Finally on 4/22 I cornered the sales guy and he told me some nonsense (with some lies thrown in) like - GM had 15,000 orders in two days and they sold out!!!! I need to be patient!! Thats not verbatim - but, its close!!!! The bottom line is that they have 4 allocations and I was number 5!!! I was pissed the whole night!!! :mad0260: The next morning I contacted CamaroScotty!!!! Its all good again! :thumbup:

So, no I wont take that bet!!!

Dont take any shit from anybody!! - Billy Joel

I think something like that happened to Tantalizer. He found someone else after telling them where to put their over allocation sale.

duffmobile 04-28-2009 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenrail (Post 440496)
Folks:

According to Automotive News - through April 25th - 9160 Camaros have been built at Oshawa.

Click on this link:

http://www.autonews.com/assets/PDF/CA61067424.PDF

Sorry I was scanning the page but you beat me to it! That's it :)

I never meant or implied that there were 9000 new camaro's waiting to be delivered, but that is is the correct amount produced since they started. Keep in mind there are 14,000 preorder's PLUS all of the V6 Dealer cars. We're getting closer but not quite there yet. My car has been at 3000 for over 3 weeks.

CamaroSue 04-28-2009 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hylton (Post 440653)
I think something like that happened to Tantalizer. He found someone else after telling them where to put their over allocation sale.

I havent called my original dealer with that message yet. I figured that I would drive over in my new Camaro and let the car tell them!!!! :sm0:

Txturbo 04-28-2009 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul SS (Post 440595)

Food for thought.

That car started down the line the previous thursday or so.

Husker 04-28-2009 03:33 PM

Mine was built 4/24/09 and is vin 5395. I suppose if you figure in all the dealer cars, etc. then you might be up towards the 9000 number, but not all are sitting at the plant.