Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro 1LE Forum (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   1LE Test Drive (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=249104)

MrBowTi3 09-09-2012 02:59 PM

1LE Test Drive
 
Does anybody know if there is an easier way to find out what dealers have a 1LE available to test drive other than calling around?:search:

SUKXOST 09-09-2012 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBowTi3 (Post 5553252)
Does anybody know if there is an easier way to find out what dealers have a 1LE available to test drive other than calling around?:search:

:sm0:

MarkSS 09-09-2012 03:28 PM

No 1LE cars anywhere.... yet. Don't call.

MrBowTi3 09-09-2012 04:13 PM

That's my fault I should have put that I was asking for when they start getting delivered I assumed that since we all know they haven't been delivered it would be understood

PYROLYSIS 09-09-2012 05:00 PM

According to GM not many dealers will have these sitting on lots. They expect almost all 1LEs to be special ordered. You will probably have trouble getting a test drive.

MarkSS 09-09-2012 07:07 PM

Once cars are available, you can "build your own" on Chevrolet.com and then search for the cars at dealers that are the closest to the one you configured.

MrBowTi3 09-09-2012 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkSS (Post 5553979)
Once cars are available, you can "build your own" on Chevrolet.com and then search for the cars at dealers that are the closest to the one you configured.

Thanks hindsight is 20/20 and I'll try not to forget :bangdesk:

charlie46 09-21-2012 10:11 PM

test drives
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBowTi3 (Post 5553252)
Does anybody know if there is an easier way to find out what dealers have a 1LE available to test drive other than calling around?:search:

Isnt it funny that you can walk into a porsche dealership and ask for a test drive a $120k 911 and they will gladly hand you the keys, but ask for a test drive boss 302 or Camaro Zl1 and they will look at you like your crazy?

toehead93 09-21-2012 10:19 PM

That is because it is better to sell a $120k car compared to a $40-60k car. But i agree, it is kind of silly.

JimE 09-24-2012 07:14 PM

They also tend to only see more serious buyers. And by serious, I mean people that pretty much know what they want, and aren't just trying to test drive a car with no intent to buy.

Just from being a member here, it's amazing the number of people that have test driven multiple Camaros before buying (or not buying).

PYROLYSIS 09-24-2012 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimE (Post 5615978)
They also tend to only see more serious buyers. And by serious, I mean people that pretty much know what they want, and aren't just trying to test drive a car with no intent to buy.

Just from being a member here, it's amazing the number of people that have test driven multiple Camaros before buying (or not buying).

It amazes me too. I've only sat in one fifth gen. It was a transformers edition at a Braves baseball game. When I get my 1LE it will be without ever having driven a fifth gen. To me that will make the delivery a little more special.

Lumino1LE 09-24-2012 10:45 PM

This is the 2nd car I buy/order sight unseen. My first was a 2003 350z. I read all the reviews and went down to my local Nissan dealer in July 2002 and gave them $1,000 and ordered the car. I never regretted it. It was a great, fun car. I ended up supercharging it with an entire ProCharger system. My last car was a 2008 BMW 335i coupe. Beautiful car, but just not enough power.

To get the power I wanted in a BMW, I was going to have to spend $70K+. I just couldn't justify it. I test drove the Mustang GT Premium and liked it. Then I heard/read about the 1LE and the rest is history. My 2013 2SS 1LE w/sunroof (gotta have a sunroof) goes into production on 10/22, at least that's my TPW.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:25 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.