Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Does it bother anyone that so many Camaro's have been sold and are on the road? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138493)

OHIOSS 04-01-2011 09:42 PM

Does it bother anyone that so many Camaro's have been sold and are on the road?

I really liked the exclusivity of having one of the very few SS/RS Camaro's in my area. I did get a little annoyed by all of the attention in the beginning but then I started to enjoy telling everyone about the car and how much I loved it.

Last week I was at a buddies house and his son came out to check out my Camaro. What he said bugged me, "The Camaro's used to be really cool but now there are so many on the road it's not very cool anymore."

Obviously I disagree with his opinion but I really wish there were fewer Camaro's around. I've heard that some people feel the more the better, so maybe I am the only one that wishes there were fewer Camaro's on the road.

What is your opinion?

Russ

Mr. Wyndham 04-01-2011 09:45 PM

NOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooo.....:)

My opinion is [hash]: If you were looking for exclusivity...the Camaro is NOT your car.

It's just not what it's about...very simple.

Dznts 04-01-2011 09:45 PM

well there are for sure more of us on the road. but i can say we are not over crowed like the mustang community. everytime i blink i see one. those cars reproduce like rabbits.

daveagogo1 04-01-2011 09:45 PM

It's pretty hard to ever expect a 23k car to be exclusive. It's built for the masses. If you want exclusive then you need a 7 figure automobile.

I love mine regardless of how many end up on the roads.

coolman 04-01-2011 09:45 PM

This is a mass produced car intended to make money on sales and a lot of them. IF you want something that just anybody can't buy and will stay rare buy a ZR1.

Cbrenthus 04-01-2011 09:47 PM

Its always nice to have something exclusive. However, right now the camaros seem to be attracting a little too much attention, every day there is a new thread about jealousy induced vandalism.

I really don't care, I bought this car for me, and not for what anyone else thinks. If I had cared that much, I would have kept my jeep.

Simply put, these cars are the best out there for the money, and practical as an only vehicle / Dailey driver. Your going to see slot of them because of this.

Ghost1LE 04-01-2011 09:49 PM

I bought the car because I love it not because it's exclusive. If and When I can afford a Lamborghini Reventon or Bugatti Veyron then I will get it and not expect to see any others on the road.

TaylorRyanSS 04-01-2011 09:51 PM

Nope because none look like mine!

2010 SSRS 04-01-2011 09:53 PM

the more Camaros on the streets the better, I wish Camaros were the only cars on the road.

VR Baron 04-01-2011 10:19 PM

I still see more old V dub beetles on the road the camaro's

ihaveacamaro 04-01-2011 10:28 PM

get an ABM if you want exclusivity :D :thumbsup:

RubyCamaro 04-01-2011 10:41 PM

Not yet. Just bothers me that 2 other females in my small town got ones just like mine. But, not for long!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oldfriend 04-01-2011 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OHIOSS (Post 3042905)
I really liked the exclusivity of having one of the very few SS/RS Camaro's in my area. I did get a little annoyed by all of the attention in the beginning but then I started to enjoy telling everyone about the car and how much I loved it.

Last week I was at a buddies house and his son came out to check out my Camaro. What he said bugged me, "The Camaro's used to be really cool but now there are so many on the road it's not very cool anymore."

Obviously I disagree with his opinion but I really wish there were fewer Camaro's around. I've heard that some people feel the more the better, so maybe I am the only one that wishes there were fewer Camaro's on the road.

What is your opinion?

Russ

YOU are right , it is YOU that want to be by yourself :mad0259:

Mrpaintballordie 04-01-2011 10:46 PM

:army:

The more the maryer!