Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   RDP Question & Answer Section (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=472685)

dynosteve 11-08-2016 07:26 AM

RDP Question & Answer Section

1 Attachment(s)
I thought it was time to create a section where Camaro5 Members here can ask questions and have a discussion on items that your needing information on or product comparisons or just general how to's or Performance related questions.

This Section also welcomes input from any members here that also wish to help out fellow forum members with questions that they are looking to have answered or suggestions on future upgrades or performance results.

BlaqWhole 11-09-2016 05:58 AM

I'll be first. If anyone is interested in these guys here, let me be the first to say that these are real stand up guys. Great communication. They'll answer your questions with detailed and quick responses, even on weekends and after hours. They'll give you great options and advice!! And they'll work to get you a great price!

Pete G 11-09-2016 10:54 AM

Thanks Steve, you have got to be such a busy guy but
to take the time out of your day to contribute to this camaro community like this
is quite an awesome offer. I am sure many will benefit greatly from this offer !!!

dynosteve 11-13-2016 12:05 PM

thanks guys

PalmerGA 11-13-2016 01:51 PM

You should see if the Camaro5 powers that be will make this a "sticky" thread.

Gunmetal Speedster 11-13-2016 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlaqWhole (Post 9397676)
I'll be first. If anyone is interested in these guys here, let me be the first to say that these are real stand up guys. Great communication. They'll answer your questions with detailed and quick responses, even on weekends and after hours. They'll give you great options and advice!! And they'll work to get you a great price!

:word: I can vouch as well for what it's worth

TX_ED_SS 11-13-2016 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PalmerGA (Post 9403623)
You should see if the Camaro5 powers that be will make this a "sticky" thread.

I second this!:clap:

dynosteve 11-20-2016 07:59 AM

Thanks Guys

Gunmetal Speedster 11-20-2016 08:58 PM

I'll go ahead and ask the first question because I've always been curious on this; Steve, can you change with one of your tunes where my rev limiter is set? I don't know where stock one is but a while back I was getting on it in third and got distracted and the car cut power for a second. Not sure if that was a limiter or not, but it scared the hell out of me. First manual owner here if you cant tell lol. I've heard after 6250 our cars are out of the power band or something so it doesnt do it much good to push it past that. If that is actually the case, if possible, I'd like to move mine closer to that so I don't destroy my car on accident :yikes:

dynosteve 11-21-2016 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gunmetal Speedster (Post 9416052)
I'll go ahead and ask the first question because I've always been curious on this; Steve, can you change with one of your tunes where my rev limiter is set? I don't know where stock one is but a while back I was getting on it in third and got distracted and the car cut power for a second. Not sure if that was a limiter or not, but it scared the hell out of me. First manual owner here if you cant tell lol. I've heard after 6250 our cars are out of the power band or something so it doesnt do it much good to push it past that. If that is actually the case, if possible, I'd like to move mine closer to that so I don't destroy my car on accident :yikes:

Yes sir you can certainly raise the rev limiter and the point raised will depend on the modifications that are done to the vehicle and the required rpm, Obviously on a stock bottom end the limiter will only be raised a couple of hundred rpm and on a built motor it can be alot more.

camguynj 11-21-2016 08:50 AM

Hey Steve, First let me say Thank You for creating this thread! I know it's going to be a great benefit to many. Now my question, it's not necessarily performance related but I'd like to know if the Hill Start Assist feature can be tuned out like the CAGS feature can be? If not could its display duration time be extended? It only displays for about 2 secs so if you miss seeing it usually leads to stalling out or burning your clutch :mad2:

dynosteve 11-22-2016 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camguynj (Post 9416537)
Hey Steve, First let me say Thank You for creating this thread! I know it's going to be a great benefit to many. Now my question, it's not necessarily performance related but I'd like to know if the Hill Start Assist feature can be tuned out like the CAGS feature can be? If not could its display duration time be extended? It only displays for about 2 secs so if you miss seeing it usually leads to stalling out or burning your clutch :mad2:

Yes and No you cant do it through the normal tuning editing process and is something that really cannot be done remotely

frankwjr 11-22-2016 08:37 AM

'mornin Steve!

My question is this, how much of a change can my current tune handle without a re-tune? Example's would be a mild cam upgrade or even just a change to a 1.8 roller rocker setup. I guess I am wondering how adaptable is the GM ecu with your tune on it? Obviously a major cam upgrade would require a re-tune but would the 1.8 rocker conversion?

Thanks is advance!

F. Weller

dynosteve 11-22-2016 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankwjr (Post 9418289)
'mornin Steve!

My question is this, how much of a change can my current tune handle without a re-tune? Example's would be a mild cam upgrade or even just a change to a 1.8 roller rocker setup. I guess I am wondering how adaptable is the GM ecu with your tune on it? Obviously a major cam upgrade would require a re-tune but would the 1.8 rocker conversion?

Thanks is advance!

F. Weller

Hey Mate

ok for a camshaft change you will have to retune the car for sure, the factory short and long term trims will help with closed look driving but will not help at all at wide open throttle and this is where the engine can run lean and detonate , so to answer your question not on camshaft upgrades or greater mods but if you changed cold air units or header brands or exhaust systems etc then yes the computer will compensate for it