Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Convertible Forum (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=133)
-   -   Angrybirds top issues updates! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=326581)

Angrybird 12 11-04-2013 04:58 PM

Angrybirds top issues updates!
 
I just had the top replaced on my 2012 Camaro and need some assistance from 2013 Camaro convertible owners.
My top does not seem to go down nearly as far as the old top. I don't even think the tonneau will even fit. Since they replaced my top with the 2013 frame and fabric I would like pictures of some 2013 convertible tops showing how low they sit when down. The Side arms and right behind the seat. At least I can then show the top shop how it should fold down.
Thanks for your help.

not 11-04-2013 05:16 PM

Yo, Mr. Angrybird 12,

Would it not be better to cruise down to the dealer and compare & contrast with any 2013's or even 2014's.

Good luck, please keep us posted.

Thanks.

Angrybird 12 11-04-2013 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by not (Post 7156946)
Yo, Mr. Angrybird 12,

Would it not be better to cruise down to the dealer and compare & contrast with any 2013's or even 2014's.

Good luck, please keep us posted.

Thanks.

I did that but they would only let me see one of them. I didn't think at that time to take any pictures. I kept telling them mine does not go down that far.... The top shop is not at the dealership so the people that are working on mine cannot compair them directly.
They told me to give it a couple weeks to let it settle and the material stretch. It's been 5 days now and no change other than its easier to latch.
I figured if I can show them pictures of other peoples 13's I would have an easier time convincing them.

Mykeb 11-04-2013 05:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a pic of mine....

Angrybird 12 11-04-2013 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mykeb (Post 7156986)
Here's a pic of mine....

Do you have to push yours down to get it that low? Unless I push it down after lowering the top sits two inches higher then the plastic trim of the back seat and the two side arms stick up higher than the plastic trim. If I push them down the top will be almost flush and the side arms still stick up higher than yours.

Angrybird 12 11-04-2013 06:12 PM

I guess I am just being paranoid after reading all the horror stories. I guess since mine is not flooding the car, we have already went through one all night rainstorm since I got it back, it's not too bad.

Bowtie-Bri 11-04-2013 06:20 PM

The " side arms" stick up just alittle bit after I put the top down. I gently push them down alittle before I install my tonneau cover. I thought about bringing up to the dealer and ask if this is normal, but I haven't goten around to it yet.

Angrybird 12 11-04-2013 06:22 PM

Great feedback, it's starting to ease my fears somewhat, thanks.

kevinw 11-04-2013 06:25 PM

angrybird. i can PM or email a pic of mine. its a new 13 2LT vert. but, my top goes down, and i put tonneau cover on and thats it. i dont push or tug at anything. i dont think you should have to push anything. everything should be folded down and all you do is put the tonneau on and be done. now, my top latches kind of hard but i think its just knowing how to do it correctly, i have only had it 3 weeks. but, it goes down and no pushing or shoving.

Midlife conVert 11-04-2013 06:35 PM

I have to slightly push mine down about 2 inches after the car says it is down not any resistance when I do and no binding. I have no trouble fitting the tonneau cover, it fits fine. Top fits tight also when I latch it. I would rather that than it flop around in the wind.

SS PANTHER 11-04-2013 06:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a pic of mine. You can see the arms are up slightly. I push them down once in awhile and definitely if I am going to put on the tonneau. No problems with the operation and fit with the tonneau. I do notice that one of my bungees for the tonneau is close to fraying in half and this is the new design.

Angrybird 12 11-04-2013 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevinw (Post 7157143)
angrybird. i can PM or email a pic of mine. its a new 13 2LT vert. but, my top goes down, and i put tonneau cover on and thats it. i dont push or tug at anything. i dont think you should have to push anything. everything should be folded down and all you do is put the tonneau on and be done. now, my top latches kind of hard but i think its just knowing how to do it correctly, i have only had it 3 weeks. but, it goes down and no pushing or shoving.

Isn't the one you bought one that has sat on the dealer lot for almost a year? I guess it has had plenty is stretching and settling time.
All these posts are making me feel better. I have been thinking that maybe that is how they are reducing the rub marks and wrinkles by not folding the top as far down as the earlier cars. I know my other top went way down on its own and the side arms were a lot lower.

Mark114 11-04-2013 06:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My convertible is a little over a year old. The top pulls down flush with the car, but the arms stick up a bit. A gentle push will tuck them in flush.

Have you looked at the space the top folds into in the trunk? Maybe an obstruction in the bag or adjustment needed?

Angrybird 12 11-04-2013 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark114 (Post 7157263)
My convertible is a little over a year old. The top pulls down flush with the car, but the arms stick up a bit. A gentle push will tuck them in flush.

Have you looked at the space the top folds into in the trunk? Maybe an obstruction in the bag or adjustment needed?

No no obstructions but it still has the old style water management bag. It may not be as big as the 13 style.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:03 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.