Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forced Induction - V8 (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   spark plug question (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=343528)

mcdoogle6969 02-21-2014 12:05 PM

spark plug question
 
Hey everyone, im on my phone and the search feature isn't working for me today. You can view my mods in my build thread linked in my signature (I cant figure out how to copy and paste) but my goal is a high HP car and im just wondering what the best plugs to go with are. Thanks! (This is a boost build)

Unreal 02-21-2014 12:28 PM

That is way too open ended. Could be 4-5 different plugs depending on motor/boost/power levels/etc.

TR6, tr6ix, 7ix, 8ix, br7ef, br8ef, 9ix, 9ef, it22, etc.

Spartan01 02-21-2014 12:33 PM

.

2SS45th 02-21-2014 12:40 PM

I'd talk to someone who knows your car personally, not some tuner that is on a forum.

mcdoogle6969 02-21-2014 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unreal (Post 7439181)
That is way too open ended. Could be 4-5 different plugs depending on motor/boost/power levels/etc.

TR6, tr6ix, 7ix, 8ix, br7ef, br8ef, 9ix, 9ef, it22, etc.

Like I said you can check out my list of whats done to the car in my sig. Probably a 800-850rwhp range at first for now.

2SS45th 02-21-2014 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spartan01 (Post 7439239)
Yeah, sure, get some guy who has maybe changed your oil one time, as opposed to an expert and innovator in the field.

The guy who tunes your car, not jiffy lube bud. There are many threads about innovators and spark plugs, you should check em out.

Unreal 02-21-2014 02:24 PM

Really whatever your tuner likes or wants to use. For 800-850rwhp I would be running a 7 or 8ix.

grocerygetter 02-21-2014 02:36 PM

yup...don't go by a forum, do what your tuner wants and tunes for on plugs. And if they say ZR1 plugs...umm...google is your friend.

bct10985 02-21-2014 02:51 PM

^Haha yea everyone who would normally answer this are banned

BullF-16 02-21-2014 02:56 PM

When i was at 758whp with my D1SC PatG my tuner likes BR7EF.

I will very soon be over 1000whp and my new tuner and shop like the B8EFS plugs.

So you should be either -7 or -8 heat range and your tuner will have his favorite

Detoxx03 02-21-2014 03:01 PM

Non projected tip plug like a B8EF for your power. If your tuner has issues tuning them then get a new tuner or run the 8iX iridium plugs.

grocerygetter 02-21-2014 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BullF-16 (Post 7439539)
When i was at 758whp with my D1SC PatG my tuner likes BR7EF.

I will very soon be over 1000whp and my new tuner and shop like the B8EFS plugs.

So you should be either -7 or -8 heat range and your tuner will have his favorite


see...those are both great choices and the tuner decides...that's the way to go!

casper sc/1ss/rs 02-21-2014 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grocerygetter (Post 7439490)
yup...don't go by a forum, do what your tuner wants and tunes for on plugs. And if they say ZR1 plugs...umm...google is your friend.

ZR1 plugs is what I'm running I have 0 complaints my tuner told me to run NGK, they was in there about a week and there in the trash now.

BullF-16 02-21-2014 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxx03 (Post 7439551)
Non projected tip plug like a B8EF for your power. If your tuner has issues tuning them then get a new tuner or run the 8iX iridium plugs.

:word:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:28 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.