Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro 1LE Forum (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   Matte Black Hood Wrap Re-wrap (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=291798)

Jims Mongoose 05-12-2013 11:00 PM

Oh boy, bad news again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by UF4LIFE102SS (Post 6535347)
It's not the lens it's the inner housing. Good luck with the dealer throwing in the HID's. U will need a hareness to make them work.

Okay now I'm really confused. Are you saying that the Halos come on a different housing and that the dealer cant' just give them to me without changing the harness?:gossip:

If that's true than damn.:frown:

So the only way to get those Halos is with the RS package?

Thanks for the information:thumb:

Jim

coreyaustin17 05-12-2013 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jims Mongoose (Post 6535329)
So bad@sscamaro, then the High Intensity Discharge lamps are what people are referring to when they say 'Halos', correct. If I get the car the dealer will throw those in or lose the deal. :happyanim:

Is it possible to get the darker lens for the taillights without buying the whole assembly?

Thanks for the links.:nod:

Jim:pop2:

i tried tht one but my dealer wouldnt install aftermarket parts on a brandnew car and the rs package wasnt to much more than buying the lights

Toasty 05-13-2013 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jims Mongoose (Post 6536613)
Okay now I'm really confused. Are you saying that the Halos come on a different housing and that the dealer cant' just give them to me without changing the harness?:gossip:

Jim

Right. The halo lights are included in the housing with the HID headlights. It's not just a simple plug and play swap. there's aftermarket harnesses and then the cost of the entire headlight housing assembies.

FINALLYSATISFIED 05-13-2013 11:18 AM

Quote:

Jim

It's worth getting the RS package. Don't take the cheap way out.

UF4LIFE102SS 05-13-2013 01:47 PM

Quote:

Jim

U will need a hareness if u switched to halos. The housing I was talkind about is the taillights, the lens r the same on rs and non-rs taillights. The inner housing on rs tails are dark inside.

Jims Mongoose 05-13-2013 05:00 PM

Sorry, I didnot mean to Hijack this thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by UF4LIFE102SS (Post 6538540)
U will need a hareness if u switched to halos. The housing I was talkind about is the taillights, the lens r the same on rs and non-rs taillights. The inner housing on rs tails are dark inside.

Apparently by just mentioning the RS Halo lights and that I wanted the dealer to throw in, many of you guys have given me some great information, but in the process it kind of hijacked the thread:sorry:

Thanks again for all the information:nod:

Jim

JMT 05-03-2015 06:53 PM

Getting my wrap put on tomorrow!

skipinminn 05-03-2015 09:19 PM

I had my Hood Painted for almost the same cost they wanted to rewrap it :) And Now I can wash it and WAX it :) I don't care how many birds shit on it :)
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/pictur...ctureid=122779

markgws6 05-03-2015 11:50 PM

I have some of the dreaded scratches on mine... but I'm hesitating putting anything on it.

JMT 05-04-2015 04:45 PM

Jim just did mine today and it looks awesome!
Great job at a great price. Drove 1 1/2 hours each way and would do it again, very good work and friendly shop.

Texas_RS 05-05-2015 07:37 PM

OP, did you contact dealer first for warranty on hood wrap, or called 3m warranty line? I've called the 3m customer service 2 times and left messages with no reply 1 month apart from each call. Maybe I should take to dealer if they get ahold of the warranty guys, cause I have no luck.

Punisher80 05-05-2015 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texas_RS (Post 8403964)
OP, did you contact dealer first for warranty on hood wrap, or called 3m warranty line? I've called the 3m customer service 2 times and left messages with no reply 1 month apart from each call. Maybe I should take to dealer if they get ahold of the warranty guys, cause I have no luck.

I went to the dealer and they got it taken care of for me, I also called 3M after the wrap was replaced at the dealership because I thought it was stained again. They answered my emails promptly, even offering to mail me a replacement wrap if the cleaning directions on their website didn't take care of the stain. The dealership was great because they either had 3M cover the install or they paid for it, either way I was no money out of pocket. I do think in the future I will have the wrap removed and the hood painted, the wraps are only suppose to be left on for 3 years according to the 3M website. Good luck and hopefully your dealership will be as good as mine was.

Texas_RS 05-05-2015 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Punisher80 (Post 8404196)
I went to the dealer and they got it taken care of for me, I also called 3M after the wrap was replaced at the dealership because I thought it was stained again. They answered my emails promptly, even offering to mail me a replacement wrap if the cleaning directions on their website didn't take care of the stain. The dealership was great because they either had 3M cover the install or they paid for it, either way I was no money out of pocket. I do think in the future I will have the wrap removed and the hood painted, the wraps are only suppose to be left on for 3 years according to the 3M website. Good luck and hopefully your dealership will be as good as mine was.

Ok thanks, I'll try the dealer out this time and hopefully they do take care of my wrap. Bought the car used, so wrap could be better. Stains here and there looks like oxided bird doo, but it's still under factory warranty, so maybe they can get it done for me. Appreciate the quick response.

1LE_Track_Star 05-09-2015 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coreyaustin17 (Post 6475207)
thats awesome man you should really start coming to some shows with CT 5th gen and a couple other 1LE guys:first::first:

Hey Everyone I am a first time poster and, hopefully, will be a first time 1LE owner in the very near future . . . I live in North NJ and my aunt and uncle live in Mystic CT. . . where do you meet and how often? Other NJ guys here ??