Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Chevy Camaro vs... (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Only Real Competitor... (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14889)

ArcAngel 03-06-2009 09:14 AM

Only Real Competitor...

Ok after all the discussion of what car competes where with the Camaro . I looked at all the factors, price, drivability, speed , design, and that IT factor. When I narrowed it down out of all the cars out there that I can afford and would consider(and this is coming from a pro-american pro-GM guy) is the 370Z. The only other foreign car that I ever owned was the 350Z and Nissan has corrected all that I didnt like and then some. This car is Camaros biggest threat in my opinion in the hearts of the buyer. I look at it this way Mustang will always have its following, so Camaro won't steal many sales from them if at all. Plus this Camaro not only calls to us Camaro enthusiasts but introduces this car to a generation that never knew it. This generation is all about the Z!!! So these two cars are gonna be direct competition. I believe both cars in there own right stir the soul in a way that lets say the mustang and chally do not. There performance will be outstanding for both and even though the Z is more expensive for what it offers its still a bargain. LET THE GAMES BEGIN....So how many flames do I have to endure LOL

Camaro_Corvette 03-06-2009 09:20 AM

No flames here. When I sat in the 370Z for the brief moment I was "allowed in there without being hassled"(yeah, thats a whole different story). I thought the interior was very nice. Little small for the bigger guy though. But perfect for me at 5'9". I know it's fast, we don't need a review to know how fast it is. It should compete well.

TheMadHatter99 03-06-2009 09:22 AM

I'd agree, but I'd also say that people are underestimating the dark horse candidate: the Hyundai Genesis. While its styling isn't all that impressive, it does resemble what many of the younger generation view as a high-performance vehicle, comes at a very reasonable price, and is one of the very few vehicles currently being marketed as a true sports car.

While Mustang and Challenger will always be the traditional rivals, I agree that the imports such as the 370 and the Genesis will pose more of a sales threat to the current generation Camaro.

Crowley 03-06-2009 09:26 AM

IMO it should be considered a direct SALES competitor but can't be considered a direct performance competitor as I believe the 2 were designed with different intentions in that area ...

Crowley

Moose 03-06-2009 09:30 AM

"Competitiors" to the Camaro will be seen as Challenger and Mustang by your average enthusiast. ;)

But the Camaro will have to compete with the 370Z, Genesis, and the likes to survive in todays market. ;)

I truly believe once Camaro arrives, the others will be scrambling for 2nd place. :chevy:

ponycrusher21 03-06-2009 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArcAngel (Post 323479)
Ok after all the discussion of what car competes where with the Camaro . I looked at all the factors, price, drivability, speed , design, and that IT factor. When I narrowed it down out of all the cars out there that I can afford and would consider(and this is coming from a pro-american pro-GM guy) is the 370Z. The only other foreign car that I ever owned was the 350Z and Nissan has corrected all that I didnt like and then some. This car is Camaros biggest threat in my opinion in the hearts of the buyer. I look at it this way Mustang will always have its following, so Camaro won't steal many sales from them if at all. Plus this Camaro not only calls to us Camaro enthusiasts but introduces this car to a generation that never knew it. This generation is all about the Z!!! So these two cars are gonna be direct competition. I believe both cars in there own right stir the soul in a way that lets say the mustang and chally do not. There performance will be outstanding for both and even though the Z is more expensive for what it offers its still a bargain. LET THE GAMES BEGIN....So how many flames do I have to endure LOL

:word: when you look at price and performance numbers its the only one that makes ALOT of sense. I saw a couple of them in person a while ago, and i gotta say those cars are pretty nice.

Miamimatt 03-06-2009 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMadHatter99 (Post 323496)
I'd agree, but I'd also say that people are underestimating the dark horse candidate: the Hyundai Genesis. While its styling isn't all that impressive, it does resemble what many of the younger generation view as a high-performance vehicle, comes at a very reasonable price, and is one of the very few vehicles currently being marketed as a true sports car.

While Mustang and Challenger will always be the traditional rivals, I agree that the imports such as the 370 and the Genesis will pose more of a sales threat to the current generation Camaro.

I agree i think the Genesis is a hot car, but with that being said its Camaro all the way. I love my american car and GM and it will always have the edge when all other things are equal. I am 27 and i never owned a 67 Camaro but that doesnt mean i havent fallen in love with the Camaro old and new. GM will always have my heart even though io might ocasionally take a look at the other girls lol.

FirstLSK 03-06-2009 09:36 AM

Sorry to hear you would consider that car. It is about as un-American as it gets. Non of the parts, nor assembly is from the U.S.

Performace wise -- we will just have to see how is sizes up to a SS. Engine wise, it is undisputable fact that the LS3 does and will always have more potential that the uncle bens burner under the hood of the 370.

As far as looks -- I think it is butt ugly. When I took my 20 year old step Son to the auto show, he didn't like it either. He said "something about it just looks funny to me..... I don't like it at all"

To me, the back half of the car is the real turn off. It looks like an extremely fat person sat on the back of a 350Z.

http://www.hifigeek.com/wp-content/u...issan_370z.jpg

ArcAngel 03-06-2009 09:38 AM

yea in the end when it comes down to it these two the maro and Z will be the best handling, most expressively designed and fastest of all the competitors. They are designed with the most modern of the platforms, and most modern of the engine/transmission combos. These two are the best of the best! First slk Im sorry to hear that, but in the end it is your opinion and I respect it. I am not saying that I will get the 370Z im saying it is the only true competitor.

diddiyo 03-06-2009 09:52 AM

not this again...

Vash 03-06-2009 09:54 AM

Sounds like you just want the Nissan for the "it" factor.

Yawn... boring. Chix are not gonna give a crap how fast it is just that the Camaro looks a hell of a lot better than that VW beetle looking POS Nissan.

As a former 300 ZX owner I am entitled to bitch about Nissan. Like I said try working on it after your warranty expires. It will cost you a lot more in TCO in the long run cause parts and service gonna be more $$$ than the Camaro.

1camaro70 03-06-2009 09:55 AM

actually the 370Z is not the best comparison, the Infiniti G37 Coupe has a back seat that adults can use, much like the Camaro, My G35 Coupe is for sale now, waiting for my Camaro.

xfiremd 03-06-2009 09:57 AM

I had a similar thought, although I was thinking that it was the g35 or g37. Just yesterday I told my wife that I think there is going to be alot of embarrassed M3 owners, once the ss starts hitting the streets. I think the new Camaro is not even in the same class as the mustang. I have a friend who is a big mopar guy, and was going to buy a v6 challanger, I emailed him the link to win jimmies Camaro, after her did a search to answer the questions he decided to order A V6 Camaro.

Mr. Wyndham 03-06-2009 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diddiyo (Post 323545)
not this again...

What? You're not agonizingly tired of talking about Nissan's wonder-shoe?

*facepalm*

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1camaro70 (Post 323551)
actually the 370Z is not the best comparison, the Infiniti G37 Coupe has a back seat that adults can use, much like the Camaro, My G35 Coupe is for sale now, waiting for my Camaro.

:word: I hadn't thought about this one. But he's right.
If we're ignoring the Mustang and Challenger, this is the most comparable to the Camaro in terms of overall vehicle. It's a larger 370z with back seats.