Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   USA - Southeast (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Southeast Camaro5Fest III Thursday group (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=233104)

dianeokie 06-25-2012 12:12 PM

Southeast Camaro5Fest III Thursday group

This is the thread for anyone who plans to travel to Indy on Thursday August 2nd. :thumbsup: In order for the Atlanta group to arrive in time to check in and participate in the planned cruise, we will need to leave very early Thursday morning.:thumbdown:

This is what I am proposing but am definitely open to any reasonable input!:paddle:

Thursday August 2nd - 5:00AM Rally point
5:00AM ET Depart from Exxon exit 271 off I-75
8:15AM ET Arrive in Murfreesboro, TN area for gas stop & snacks (193 miles approx)
8:45AM ET Depart Murfreesboro, TN area
10:15AM - 10;30 ET Arrive Bowling Green, KY area for rally point (93 miles)
12:30PM ETArrive Sellersburg, IN area for gas stop, lunch and rally point (123.5 miles approx)
1:30PM ET Depart Sellersburg, IN area
3:30PM ET Arrive Indianapolis (111 miles approx)

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid...3b3c76d5&msa=0

We may be able to travel a bit faster than this, but better to build in time for the unexpected. :yikes: I will be editing this original post (OP) as we get a list of those expecting to participate and any details that get added such as specific stopping points, etc. Please let me know if you cannot drive that distance on a full tank!:rolleyes::D

These are the members I have in this group from ACE5:
dexcam1
Rachel?
Gtsmoke
tae ss
KD
dirishboy
dianeokie
skidpuppy
johndawg (?)
MIKnam67
driser

KY (possibly Lexington)
MackMan
Megatron
Ky.camaro
Heaven_is_inferno_orange

TN (Nashville)
tysen
CamaroRS/SS10
jeffswhitess
Black Beauty

TN (Murfreesboro)
DPerry
JCole

TN (Knoxville)
flht99b

NC
1 FAST SS

I just got these names from browsing through various threads associated with CamaroFest III

If I need to add, amend or delete, let me know!

Skidpuppy 06-25-2012 01:04 PM

I'll be with the Thursday group.

Tysen 06-25-2012 01:10 PM

I'll be with you guys on Thursday, as well as a bunch of Camaros from the Nashville area. I know you just put this thread up, but if we could get a Google map showing your route with stops that would be great. I'm going to try to get a tally for the Camaros joining from our area.

Ky.camaro 06-25-2012 01:27 PM

looks like thursday has got about 20 already ....

dianeokie 06-25-2012 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skidpuppy (Post 5186136)
I'll be with the Thursday group.

Added, thanks!:w00t:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tysen (Post 5186178)
I'll be with you guys on Thursday, as well as a bunch of Camaros from the Nashville area. I know you just put this thread up, but if we could get a Google map showing your route with stops that would be great. I'm going to try to get a tally for the Camaros joining from our area.

Ok, will take some technical assistance, and I'd like to have point people from each group as well. I have put out a couple of feelers about the stops we have planned, so I'm waiting for those to reply back. We need easy in, easy out stops with adequate facilities so we don't get separated too much or have extended stops. I'm planning on having some details by Thursday, if not before. Will that work?:iono:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ky.camaro (Post 5186293)
looks like thursday has got about 20 already ....

:happyanim::happyanim:

Tysen 06-25-2012 02:07 PM

I'll get the map put up for you, just need to know where exactly you are starting from. If you need help with anything, let me know.

flht99b 06-25-2012 02:09 PM

Let me know where in Knoxville you plan to stop Thursday morning. I'm in Knoxville and will meet up with you.
Ed M.

Tysen 06-25-2012 02:18 PM

Here's a basic map until I get definite arrival/departure locations.

http://i421.photobucket.com/albums/p...3/cfestmap.jpg

dianeokie 06-25-2012 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tysen (Post 5186548)
I'll get the map put up for you, just need to know where exactly you are starting from. If you need help with anything, let me know.

Sounds good. I'm just getting ideas together about where to stop, I have some ideas about criteria, but need some input from locals on where the stops need to be.:help:

Quote:

Originally Posted by flht99b (Post 5186571)
Let me know where in Knoxville you plan to stop Thursday morning. I'm in Knoxville and will meet up with you.
Ed M.

Thanks Ed, I'd like to be somewhere on the N/NE side of Knoxville up 75/640. Do you have some recommendations of ideal spots for 20+ cars to stop, fill up, get a snack and get back on the road without traveling far off the interstate and crossing busy traffic. I find exits with "nice" truck stops are often ideal.:headbang:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tysen (Post 5186642)
Here's a basic map until I get definite arrival/departure locations.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/pictur...ictureid=84530

Did you mean to attach a map:iono: We'll probably need 2 as you all are coming from the Nashville area, right?

Tysen 06-25-2012 03:00 PM

That's a map of the key rally points. I figured I would leave it up to the individual on which spot they meet at. The Nashville group will more than likely meet up with you at the Louisville stop. I attached the times so that people knew what time they needed to be at the stop to merge with the rest of the group.

driser 06-25-2012 05:10 PM

I prefer to go up Thursday, but will have to figure out how to get up early enough to be up I-75 by 5:00 am:confused0068:

I will let you know for certain l little later.

David

dianeokie 06-25-2012 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tysen (Post 5186988)
That's a map of the key rally points. I figured I would leave it up to the individual on which spot they meet at. The Nashville group will more than likely meet up with you at the Louisville stop. I attached the times so that people knew what time they needed to be at the stop to merge with the rest of the group.

I don't see a map?:iono:

Quote:

Originally Posted by driser (Post 5187876)
I prefer to go up Thursday, but will have to figure out how to get up early enough to be up I-75 by 5:00 am:confused0068:

I will let you know for certain l little later.

David

OK, sounds good!

Tysen 06-25-2012 07:10 PM

Direct image links from camaro5 never work. I'll put the map on photobucket and update my posts.

flht99b 06-25-2012 08:42 PM

Thanks Ed, I'd like to be somewhere on the N/NE side of Knoxville up 75/640. Do you have some recommendations of ideal spots for 20+ cars to stop, fill up, get a snack and get back on the road without traveling far off the interstate and crossing busy traffic. I find exits with "nice" truck stops are often ideal.:headbang:

Actually the largest truck stop in the area is at the Watt road exit ( west Knoxville ) which is exit 369 on I40. 3 gas stations, places for food and quick on and off the highway. I live a few miles from that exit. As you go east on I40/75 and 640 the gas stations aren't right on/off the highway. The other option might be the Merchant road exit on I75 north, it's the first exit once you get off 640.
Ed M.