Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Never ordered before (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5032)

Hyperknight 07-11-2008 05:37 PM

Never ordered before

How does the process work? Say I want use the waiting period to save money or do I have to have my full down payment up front? Do they do the finance paper work and credit check then or when you recieve the car? Sorry if this has been asked before. Thanks in advance

NVMY68SS 07-11-2008 06:54 PM

Camaro Scotty has all the answers........hopefully he'll post a reply to you soon.

The_Blur 07-11-2008 07:41 PM

I want Camaro Scotty's input, as well.

CamaroScotty 07-11-2008 07:57 PM

For us, $1000 down, order gets placed, credit app goes in the mail (snail or email) and you return it to me. We run the credit & set everything up before the delivery date (or drop ship date). if you don't pick up the car, the final paperwork is done next day air...If you pick it up, before you drive it home.

Temp tag will be put on the car good for 90 days of driving - or mailed to you for a drop ship. If you want to add to the down payment, that can be done before the car is delivered and the final finance paperwork is done. It's helpful to know if you plan to put more down at delivery (and helps with approval in some cases).

aston70 07-11-2008 10:45 PM

What about having a trade in for ordering?

Hyperknight 07-11-2008 11:09 PM

I was wondering about trade in as well. I appreciate it!

CatiaJockey 07-12-2008 08:36 AM

Do you give discounts for cash paying customers? If so how much?

KarlChev 07-12-2008 11:44 AM

A dealership would rather you finance as they get money from that as well.

CatiaJockey 07-12-2008 11:49 AM

I realize they make money on the finance end, but you didn't answer my question. Will you discount or not?

The_Blur 07-12-2008 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CatiaJockey (Post 88339)
I realize they make money on the finance end, but you didn't answer my question. Will you discount or not?

He guarantees MSRP or less on all Camaro orders.

CatiaJockey 07-12-2008 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Blur (Post 88348)
He guarantees MSRP or less on all Camaro orders.

Ok, then will he give it to me for "or less" if I pay cash?
I can get MSRP locally. A discount may be worth my while to pick it up there and drive home. My local dealer has yet to answered me about a cash discount. I do have a "promise" of MSRP with them.

CamaroScotty 07-12-2008 01:51 PM

I will work with you to get the best deal, cash or credit.

Trades, make a long distance deal more difficult. We really need to see a car before we put a firm price on it. Having a written appraisal from say CARMAX would help - this is what trade in value is without being biased on the value of the new car. If you have a CARMAX offer, I could see if we can at least match that woithout seeing your car first. But we will work with you to make the deal either way. Selling outright is always your best bet so you can get retail for the car. Wisconsin has one of the strictest used car safety requirements of any state, and the inspection from a service department brings added cost to the car before we can put it on the lot. You actually make more selling that car "as is" without any investments, than we do. But we are game for any deal - so don't lose hope.

CamaroScotty 07-12-2008 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KarlChev (Post 88337)
A dealership would rather you finance as they get money from that as well.

What he meant to say was HIS DEALERSHIP would rather you finance so they get money from that as well.

He does not represent our dealership :paddle:

theholycow 07-12-2008 02:03 PM

I suspect that KarlChev thought it was standard practice for the industry. I thought so. I'm surprised to hear that it's not.

I'm curious, does Newman make money on financing?

If not, why? I'd guess any or all of these reasons:
- To be able to offer the best financing options to customers
- Possible moral issue about conflict of interest
- Lack of decent banks offering such rewards

Doesn't GMAC financing offer that to dealers? Nobody can fault a dealer for wanting to sell manufacturer financing whether or not they get paid for it...