Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   The Day Has Finally Arrived - Round 3 - Black Rally Stripes!! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19756)

Embalmer 04-23-2009 09:27 PM

The Day Has Finally Arrived - Round 3 - Black Rally Stripes!!

25 Attachment(s)
Ladies and Gentlemen the wait is finally over.

Tonight you get to see the first pics of the Black Rally Stripes - installed on my sweet ride :)

So some of you might have read that there were some "complications" during the install process... there were a couple, let me explain - grab your :popcorn:

So one of the first issues is that there was some minor "cardboard dust" in the box with the stripes - we were careful though and we didn't get any in the stripes.

One of the stripes (the rear) had a minor "dent" in it... but fortunately that didn't affect the look of the stripe. One of the front stripes had 1 minor white spec in it...barely visible however so no real complaints there...

Lining the stripes up is a tricky tricky thing. My guy has years of experience installing stripes but we had some difficulty getting them perfectly straight - even with the "guide" of butting them right next to each other and the "center" cuts that help you line them up. If any of you are having stripes installed, you may need to "offset" the pattern somewhat to line it up perfectly - don't worry about getting them perfectly square with the center line of the hood.

And finally... during the install my install guy accidentally sprayed the wrong bottle of soap underneath the stripes - this unfortunately destroyed the rear stripes and therefore they are not on the car yet. The new set of stripes are on order, no telling how long it will take to get them though. The solution you are supposed to use is a soap/water mixture - the one that got sprayed accidentally was not. It was an accident, and those do happen so I'm not peeved or anything.

So I have to be honest.. originally I wanted "glossy" stripes. As we all know now, the black rally stripes are in fact flat. Had I known that these were going to be flat, I probably would have ordered Cyber Gray stripes for the glossyness". But here's the thing....

After seeing the flat black stripes on the car... they look fricken really good.. different than glossy BUT, they do look fantastic.

The flat black stripes are actually "metallic". They have a sheen to them in the sunlight that is magnificent. It's really a sweet look.... much much better than I would have imagined. It's something you have to see and I'm not really sure the pictures do it justice...

So.... I got the flat black and I like them...and I've decided to keep them. You CAN always change them if you want... but I think I'm happy with what I have... I'll give it some time.

Lastly I'd like to give props to my detail guy. Phil owns his own company that does graphics and pinstriping. If anyone in the michigan area needs some work done, I'd recommend calling him. 810-691-0601 or www.Auto-Accents.com.

So without further adue....

Here's a couple videos of the installation :)

ENJOY!

SQUALO 04-23-2009 09:29 PM

:w00t:

erasedgod 04-23-2009 09:29 PM

Absolutely awesome. Sorry to hear about the backs.

a6pk2go 04-23-2009 09:31 PM

Pretty Sweet!!!!

ZZcamaro 04-23-2009 09:31 PM

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

BanditSRT 04-23-2009 09:31 PM

He did a great job. And you're right, they look sweet!

bluch 04-23-2009 09:33 PM

that sucks that you have to drive around with just the hood stripes on until the new back ones come in....look good tho!

cyberbro 04-23-2009 09:35 PM

Nice post!

01pewterz28 04-23-2009 09:35 PM

Those look great IMHO much better than the glossy they work well with the Silver.

Again congrats it's been one hell of an exciting week for you.

Sean

BackinBlackSS/RS 04-23-2009 09:35 PM

:w00t::thumbup::bow:WOW!! That looks fantastic!!!!!

Croathlete 04-23-2009 09:36 PM

Alright photoshop team, let's see this on CGM!!!

Looks great on silver!

camaroguy 04-23-2009 09:37 PM

damn, that looks good!!

Camaro68 04-23-2009 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BanditSRT (Post 429153)
He did a great job. And you're right, they look sweet!

:word: Really nice, congrats on geting your Camaro :drool: :chevy:

Kray 04-23-2009 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Croathlete (Post 429168)
Alright photoshop team, let's see this on CGM!!!

Looks great on silver!

I agree they look great on silver....would love to see them on CGM