Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Member Car Journals (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   VanquisherSS Build [COTW 1/7/13] (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=190598)

Supercharged SS 08-18-2013 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS (Post 6912434)
So what does this say about you, fast cars can do it at any moment, not so fast cars take years to blow up....

It blew up 3 years ago too. Before most were doing anything. Not my first rodeo with this turd. We used the invoice from 2010 to get all the part numbers for this time. See, were resourceful!:)

SSE 4 2SS 08-18-2013 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supercharged SS (Post 6912444)
It blew up 3 years ago too. Before most were doing anything. Not my first rodeo with this turd. We used the invoice from 2010 to get all the part numbers for this time. See, were resourceful!:)

lol, knew you would have an answer...

Supercharged SS 08-18-2013 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS (Post 6912449)
lol, knew you would have an answer...

I have many....

pancherj 08-18-2013 03:13 PM

LOL, you guys are a riot. I'll do my best to keep up and not destroy too many parts. I figured if I sell my other two projects that I would put some of the $$$ aside for a shortblock. Didn't put much thought to the trans and clutch.

Ball busting is okay and I don't mind. I have used a bit of it myself when helping guys tune a carb and get their ignition curve set. I know a lot about that stuff but NOTHING about fuel injection, forced induction or nitrous. I am going to be so lost! Maybe I should be saving up for a professional driver...

Supercharged SS 08-18-2013 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pancherj (Post 6912705)
LOL, you guys are a riot. I'll do my best to keep up and not destroy too many parts. I figured if I sell my other two projects that I would put some of the $$$ aside for a shortblock. Didn't put much thought to the trans and clutch.

Ball busting is okay and I don't mind. I have used a bit of it myself when helping guys tune a carb and get their ignition curve set. I know a lot about that stuff but NOTHING about fuel injection, forced induction or nitrous. I am going to be so lost! Maybe I should be saving up for a professional driver...

It's more rewarding when you're behind the wheel when your car breaks.:faint: Then you have no one to blame but yourself!

pancherj 08-18-2013 03:32 PM

The best pass I ever made in my IROC ended with a smoke show right past the finish line. I went 11.79 at 115 and the DA was over 3000'. One stock piston gave up its ringlands after too many 7000RPM shifts. It didn't feel rewarding though. You are a sick man LOL.

SSE 4 2SS 08-18-2013 05:15 PM

It's rewarding.... Think of all the discussions going on in your head about how to convince the wife it really needs to be repaired... I blew up a motor last October, and then blew up two turbos in March.... I bet there were at least 20 different practice stories going on at the same time...

Ended up not needing them at all, she asked how long it would take to get a replacement turbo.... and if and when you decide to fire at Jaime, be prepared... he shoots to win...

pancherj 08-18-2013 05:42 PM

I already promised my wife I wouldn't break anything! LOL! You'll have to share some of your practice stories...just in case.

First an foremost, I plan on keeping this a street car, not a race car. Did that sound convincing?

VanquisherSS 08-18-2013 06:24 PM

Keeping it warm for you and its tanked up. I'm sure the neighbors will be glad its gone LOL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yTTB0GQxIg

VanquisherSS 08-18-2013 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pancherj (Post 6913064)
I already promised my wife I wouldn't break anything! LOL! You'll have to share some of your practice stories...just in case.

First an foremost, I plan on keeping this a street car, not a race car. Did that sound convincing?

Pretty convincing, but then you'll hit the gas....hit the strip. That'll change haha. Its a car show winner though. :happy0180:. Best part is just when someone at the show thinks your just all show and no go. Then you get next to them and GO. :thumbsup:

pancherj 08-18-2013 06:38 PM

Love the video. Thanks! Was just surfing the classifieds for Bogarts. There were a few sets, but they were all scarfed up already. I'll have to keep looking.

SSE 4 2SS 08-18-2013 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pancherj (Post 6913064)

We'll work on that... lol...

VanquisherSS 08-19-2013 06:19 PM

Test drove a car tonight, think its going to be the winner to replace the wrx and camaro. Very happy liked it much more than I thought I would.

SSE 4 2SS 08-19-2013 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VanquisherSS (Post 6916635)
Test drove a car tonight, think its going to be the winner to replace the wrx and camaro. Very happy liked it much more than I thought I would.

If you're happy, what else matters... As long as its legal...