Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   shout out to dyno steve (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=552218)

zlathim 04-16-2019 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hill_billy (Post 10492210)
I bought an SCT X4 off Steve and had him tune my car after I installed headers. Really good experience dealing with Steve, and my car runs great. I'm having a cam installed in June and plan to talk to Steve about getting another tune for the cam upgrade.

From what I understand (could be wrong), if you data log, get your tune updated based on the recorded data, and work through that process a few times, your tune should be the same (or very similar) as a street tune. It's a great option for people that don't live near reputable programmers or dyno shops.

Good luck. I never did get a tune that didn't die at stoplights after I installed my cam. I ended up just getting it dyno-tuned.

hill_billy 04-17-2019 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zlathim (Post 10492265)
Good luck. I never did get a tune that didn't die at stoplights after I installed my cam. I ended up just getting it dyno-tuned.

I have a couple questions about your mods and don't want to thread jack. Sending you a pm.

GodWentPunk 04-17-2019 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irish108 (Post 10490771)
I was looking to buy the SCT X4. So I reached out to Steve and he recommended me to get the latest version which is the SCT BDX GM 40490. So I did. Got it within a few days. I went through all the steps of uploading and sending my stock file. In less than a day I had a new Tune in the car. WOW what a difference. I learned about Steve on this forum. Thanks to all of you who recommended Steve. Couldn't be happier with the whole experience and the product itself. I can't even imagine what the car would feel like with headers and a cam with Steve's Tuning. I'll be reaching out to him for more Tunes for sure.

I'm looking at the 40490 and when I view the instructions, I can't see how to upload the stock tune from my car to the device that I would be sending to Steve. Do you recall how you did yours?

joe...

GodWentPunk 04-17-2019 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dynosteve (Post 10493383)
Hey Joe

Just give me a call sir and i can talk you through it in the phone sir, you will have to ring me cell as im back in the hospital currently at the moment

Steve... Dang.. no rush... I'm going to place my order today so if you can, just jot down some notes to this thread so I (as well as others) will be able see.

joe...

irish108 04-17-2019 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GodWentPunk (Post 10493020)
I'm looking at the 40490 and when I view the instructions, I can't see how to upload the stock tune from my car to the device that I would be sending to Steve. Do you recall how you did yours?

joe...

steve has a nice video on youtube explaining just what to do. just type in RDPmotorsport and it should pop right up. I watched that a few times and just followed along. my biggest problem was figuring out this damn windows 10 crap thats on my computer.

Moto-Mojo 04-17-2019 04:22 PM

Here is the link from Steve, hang in there, it’s really pretty straight forward. And Steve, here’s to a speedy exit from the hospital!

https://youtu.be/rb9D0yJWee0

GodWentPunk 04-17-2019 04:32 PM

The video is for the X4. The OP has the "SCT BDX GM 40490" which is the version I got and the instructions looks a little different. The 40490 allows you to upload/download your tunes from your cloud account right to the handheld and then to your car, no PC required.

joe...

Moto-Mojo 04-17-2019 05:25 PM

Figures. The whole computer world has changed since just last October. I’ll be glad when we decide we no longer need these effin things. Sorry. As you were.

GodWentPunk 04-17-2019 05:44 PM

Singing in my hannah Montana voice "You get the best of both worlds"

hill_billy 04-17-2019 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dynosteve (Post 10493383)
Hey Joe

Just give me a call sir and i can talk you through it in the phone sir, you will have to ring me cell as im back in the hospital currently at the moment

Paraphrasing...."call me while I'm in the hospital and I will help you". That is customer support!

Good luck Steve! Hope you get better quickly.

uvraise 04-21-2019 10:33 AM

Steve did the tune on my 15 SS. The first tune was a little too aggressive for my tire budget, so I contacted Steve, told him my concern and he dialed it back a bit. I reference him every chance I get, he's "Aces" to work with!

If you see this Steve, get well soon!