Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Quick question before I order. (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=226326)

CamaroC-17 05-25-2012 08:05 AM

Quick question before I order.

Will the mace 25mm insulator work with the vram intake? Im about to order both of them. Also if I ordered today do you guys think I would get them both by June 14th? And does anybody know if Vince is charging to add these updates to our tunes?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

hapisok 05-25-2012 08:14 AM

yes, they work together. from my understanding the vararam requires a little modification to fit properly with the TB. but i think others got it to work without modification. BUT they do work. i've got both but my vararam was already modified prior to install.

and no, vince doesn't charge to update your tune due to mods unless you go FI or something drastic like that.

CamaroC-17 05-25-2012 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hapisok (Post 5020689)
yes, they work together. from my understanding the vararam requires a little modification to fit properly with the TB. but i think others got it to work without modification. BUT they do work. i've got both but my vararam was already modified prior to install.

and no, vince doesn't charge to update your tune due to mods unless you go FI or something drastic like that.

Thanks! Does anyone know if vram is still on backorder and how long the insulator takes to ship from Australia?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

nikos30 05-25-2012 09:49 AM

about 5 days

KMPrenger 05-25-2012 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hapisok (Post 5020689)

I'm guessing you got Jay's VR intake? I understand what he did to make it fit, but I'm still a bit worried about the red tube that goes over the intake horn and the the TB opening.

Since those are no longer perfectly straight, I feel like fastening them together would be more difficult? Do you have any pics of that area I could see? And also, I'd be curioud to know how big the air inlet gap is at the front of the VR intake. I like to keep about the size of a keyfob gap there.

hapisok 05-25-2012 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KMPrenger (Post 5021504)
I'm guessing you got Jay's VR intake? I understand what he did to make it fit, but I'm still a bit worried about the red tube that goes over the intake horn and the the TB opening.

Since those are no longer perfectly straight, I feel like fastening them together would be more difficult? Do you have any pics of that area I could see? And also, I'd be curioud to know how big the air inlet gap is at the front of the VR intake. I like to keep about the size of a keyfob gap there.

yup...sure did get jay's vararam :thumbup: the vararam butt's up against the TB with no issues and the gap is still good. i'll get some pics up for ya :thumbsup:

hapisok 05-29-2012 03:32 PM

3 Attachment(s)
hope these help...:thumbsup: took em the other day.