Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forced Induction - V8 (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Lingenfelter Performance Engineering Customers (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40101)

se7en 03-16-2012 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speed74SS (Post 4654812)
That's smoking!!:bow:

Yeah apparently the government had to be called in to investigate what was thought to be a spaceship traveling in a straight line. Thats just the rumors though. You cant always believe everything you hear. :thumbsup:

mws444 03-17-2012 09:50 AM

8.54.....:confused0068: :clap: :clap: :bow:

That is amazing! Congrats to Graham and the whole team, you guys should be proud!:thumbsup:

mws444 03-17-2012 10:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Meanwhile back on the farm....:sm0:
Facility audit is done and over with! We just went through a 2 1/2 day intensive audit including employee interviews (you never know what someone will say) and scored a 97.44 out of 100 for an "Exceptional" rating. From what the auditor told us, we are the first to ever acomplish this without a consultant, or practice pre-audit in the history of the SQF.:happyanim:
Most companies have staff microbiologists, and recruit professsionals from other firms with experience to even pass the first time. Myself (dirt farmer) and my wife (retired teacher) did it ourselves. My wife gets 97% of the credit having put in 70+ hours a week for a year and a half to write and implement over 1800 pages of policies, proceedures and supporting reports to make it all happen. I just spent the 250k to bring our facility up to par.:cry:

Now that that is over with.....I finally pulled my Camaro out of the trailer where it has spent the last 7 months.:happyanim:
Parts have been ordered and the beast should be up and running by the end of this next week! Can't wait to pull that tranny, replace the throwout bearing, charge the battery and smoke those tires.:headbang:

2010 BADSS 03-17-2012 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by se7en (Post 4654788)
8.54 at 163.25 mph

WOW!!!:happyanim:

Quote:

Originally Posted by mws444 (Post 4660281)
Facility audit is done and over with! We just went through a 2 1/2 day intensive audit including employee interviews (you never know what someone will say) and scored a 97.44 out of 100 for an "Exceptional" rating. From what the auditor told us, we are the first to ever acomplish this without a consultant, or practice pre-audit in the history of the SQF.:happyanim:
Most companies have staff microbiologists, and recruit professsionals from other firms with experience to even pass the first time. Myself (dirt farmer) and my wife (retired teacher) did it ourselves. My wife gets 97% of the credit having put in 70+ hours a week for a year and a half to write and implement over 1800 pages of policies, proceedures and supporting reports to make it all happen. I just spent the 250k to bring our facility up to par.:cry:

Now that that is over with.....I finally pulled my Camaro out of the trailer where it has spent the last 7 months.:happyanim:
Parts have been ordered and the beast should be up and running by the end of this next week! Can't wait to pull that tranny, replace the throwout bearing, charge the battery and smoke those tires.:headbang:

:popcorn::popcorn: Nice job on the audit, now get er dun so you can go out and play!!:D

mws444 03-17-2012 10:39 AM

Hey 2010, Thanks, how are you and RS doing? How is life in the new shack? How long does it take to get that "I am home feeling back"? I feel about like a homeless person right now.
Getting any fun time? Go pry RS away from work and have some fun!

2010 BADSS 03-17-2012 10:47 AM

We're definitely enjoying the shack and feeling comfy. The only bad thing is now that the weather is warming up that means we'll have lots of landscaping projects. I'm planning an outing to the track next weekend with some non camaro friends that have some pretty cool cars. Maybe I can coerce RS to come with me. One of our friends has his new vette at Lingenfelter as we speak, but it probably won't be back for a couple more weeks. I'm anxious to see it and get my ride!!!!:D

mws444 03-17-2012 10:57 AM

Sweet! He needs to play a little or the old "why work so darned hard?" will come into play.
I figure my home wont be done for another three months at least. So I guess we will just have to rough it in the shop for a good while yet.:D
I would love to hear a report on the Vette, I think that will be my next project.

se7en 03-17-2012 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2010 BADSS (Post 4660456)
We're definitely enjoying the shack and feeling comfy. The only bad thing is now that the weather is warming up that means we'll have lots of landscaping projects. I'm planning an outing to the track next weekend with some non camaro friends that have some pretty cool cars. Maybe I can coerce RS to come with me. One of our friends has his new vette at Lingenfelter as we speak, but it probably won't be back for a couple more weeks. I'm anxious to see it and get my ride!!!!:D

Hitting the track already, im jealous!

mws444 03-17-2012 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by se7en (Post 4660630)
Amazing job on the audit! :thumbsup:
Sounds like you have a wonderful wife in order to put that kinda time in and most importantly it all workout as planned. Very nice

The car looks great and so does that lift :)
Which brand is it?

She is great! :wub:
The lift is a Mowhawk. They build about the best safest lift in the world right here in the good 'Ol USA. Google them and on their site you can see the difference in construction between them and the rest. I have seen too many cables break over the years, no way I would wrench on a car over head on any other brand.
How are things in the sandbox?

mws444 03-17-2012 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by se7en (Post 4660632)
Hitting the track already, im jealous!

Right?
The next few days around here weather wise are 45 mph winds with gusts to 75 mph, it is so dry I think the entire desert will be airborne. One of these sandstorms is enough to pit a windshield and a paintjob.:yikes:
Accuweather for Monday:WNW at 45 mph
Gusts: 74 mph

se7en 03-17-2012 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mws444 (Post 4660699)
Right?
The next few days around here weather wise are 45 mph winds with gusts to 75 mph, it is so dry I think the entire desert will be airborne. One of these sandstorms is enough to pit a windshield and a paintjob.:yikes:
Accuweather for Monday:WNW at 45 mph
Gusts: 74 mph

Doesnt sound good at all. Thats worse than here

For 120 days straight out of the year we have wind here. I think where im at is about 4800 feet up.

JusticePete 03-17-2012 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by se7en (Post 4660719)
You cant go wrong with a Mowhawk for sure. Ive had Rotary's and Bend Pak's as well. Also bought a mechanix brand that i will never buy again.

Things over here are a little crazy right now as you probably know from the news. It is what it is though and i try to make the next day better than the previous.
As you know i basically built my car from over here the past few years and now im branching out and establishing a collision center back home in Southern IL. Long, long hours ive been putting in, but its been fun thus far. I thought building the car was a little hard to do from over here, but putting together this new business has been rough. Ive got some great people working for me that i owe a lot to and couldnt do it without them. I did purchase a sweet new Ingersoll Rand Rotery Screw compressor that i cant wait to try out. :thumbup:

Be careful over there.

JusticePete 03-17-2012 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mws444 (Post 4660281)

With you and Mrs MSW on the job I am guessing she pulled a perfect 100% and you pulled down the average :sm0:

Smokm' if you gotm' :headbang:

mws444 03-17-2012 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JusticePete (Post 4660769)
With you and Mrs MSW on the job I am guessing she pulled a perfect 100% and you pulled down the average :sm0:

Smokm' if you gotm' :headbang:

:sm0:
I only cost her one point, inspector found an expansion joint under a 5,000 gallon hot water sanitizing tank missing some chalking, said it could harbor bacteria. Never mind it is on the unsanitary side of the operation. The rest of the points were taken off for an employee that wrote over a couple of numbers to correct an entry rather than crossing out and initialing the change.
I personally think he just hunted until he found a few points to deduct in order not to give us a perfect score.:D

I brought the kids up to the cabin in NM for the weekend to play in the pines, forgot to pack any cigars.:mad0260:
Rest asurred I will burn one when I get home.:D