Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Member Car Journals (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   White Mary Jane...Build Thread [COTW 6/11/12] (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=203778)

camaro_RS 03-22-2012 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dfield23 (Post 4685769)
I could of swore that Razzi rear end was only available for the v8?

Yeah it is supposed to be for the SS but some places have been selling it to where you can fit it on the v6. Not sure what the difference is between the two, though.

dfield23 03-22-2012 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camaro_RS (Post 4688087)
Yeah it is supposed to be for the SS but some places have been selling it to where you can fit it on the v6. Not sure what the difference is between the two, though.

THIS JUST MADE MY DAY:happyanim:
I know what im getting next

tmac1granger33 03-22-2012 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dfield23 (Post 4688995)

I have the the V8 rear on mine. There's no difference :thumbsup:

camaro_RS 03-22-2012 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dfield23 (Post 4688995)

:headbang:

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmac1granger33 (Post 4689226)

Good to know! :thumbup:

dfield23 03-22-2012 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmac1granger33 (Post 4689226)

Haha did you get your dilemma fixed with extreme dimensions? I felt pretty bad for you

Shifty11 03-22-2012 06:51 PM

For the cake...Maybe they thought your car was hungry? aha Just kidding, That sucks bro, sorry to hear about that and the beer. On the upside. That is one sick ride. Looks pretty freaking awesome

camaro_RS 03-22-2012 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShiftySS (Post 4689961)
For the cake...Maybe they thought your car was hungry? aha Just kidding, That sucks bro, sorry to hear about that and the beer. On the upside. That is one sick ride. Looks pretty freaking awesome

LOL, maybe it was hungry...and wanted to get a buzz:bellyroll:

Thanks a lot for the compliments, man :w00t:....much appreciated.

Yeah I was pretty mad when those things went down, but at least I was pretty lucky there was no lasting damage done from any of it. :cool:

pistolgripcopo1 03-22-2012 08:51 PM

Great job on the mods. IMO. I think the summit white is the best color for the body style. I wonder what a MRT. louver kit would look? I think it would set the rear end off to complet the look. Great job.

camaro_RS 03-23-2012 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pistolgripcopo1 (Post 4690551)
Great job on the mods. IMO. I think the summit white is the best color for the body style. I wonder what a MRT. louver kit would look? I think it would set the rear end off to complet the look. Great job.

Thanks for the props man! Much appreciated. SW is my favorite color for sure and if I had to do it all over again I'd go with SW.

Yeah I've seen some rear window louvers on some of the cars on here and they can look cool but it's not my thing and it's not something I would want on my car.

camaro_RS 03-24-2012 07:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
What I spent my afternoon doing. The air bag was the worst! Still haven't gotten the 12v plug out of the center console bezel. Help....anyone??? LOL. I got the traction control button out okay. I may just paint the bezel with the piece in the bezel.

camaro_RS 03-25-2012 01:40 PM

I'm so mad right now:mad0260::mad0260: while painting my interior parts. I have to be the worst spray painter ever....plus I have the worst conditions. All I have is a patio to work in and the wind is crazy and it blows pieces of dust and whatnot into my paint. Plus....the clear ran!!! :mad0259::mad0259::mad0259: So now I'm going to try and do a bit of wetsanding (which I've never done before) to try and fix it. Not sure what I'm going to do about the pieces with debris in the paint. Maybe I'll plastidip over it. I don't feel like taking the paint off and doing it all over again. Anyway I'll be posting up pics when I'm done. If anyone has suggestions I'm all ears. I'm going to try and finish it today though so I can put all my pieces back in tomorrow. I hope I can get it to work out.

chozn4service 03-25-2012 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camaro_RS (Post 4702140)
I'm so mad right now:mad0260::mad0260: while painting my interior parts. I have to be the worst spray painter ever....plus I have the worst conditions. All I have is a patio to work in and the wind is crazy and it blows pieces of dust and whatnot into my paint. Plus....the clear ran!!! :mad0259::mad0259::mad0259: If anyone has suggestions I'm all ears. I'm going to try and finish it today though so I can put all my pieces back in tomorrow. I hope I can get it to work out.

Not sure about taking the paint off but it might be best. A little thinner on a rag and swipe it.:iono: As far as painting, I've gotten to be pretty good! I suggest always taking your paint can and allowing it to warm up in a pan of water. Watch it closely as you just want to warm it up. Shake can when ready to paint. This warming allows for the can to put out a nice, very thin mist of paint. Also you may want to get yourself a box big enough to paint in and maybe put a white sheet over it and get under it as you paint if you have contaminants flowing like that. Sort of your own paint booth but be careful on breathing the fumes. Just something to set the items down in and you stand over it with the sheet over you and the box.

camaro_RS 03-26-2012 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chozn4service (Post 4703267)
Not sure about taking the paint off but it might be best. A little thinner on a rag and swipe it.:iono: As far as painting, I've gotten to be pretty good! I suggest always taking your paint can and allowing it to warm up in a pan of water. Watch it closely as you just want to warm it up. Shake can when ready to paint. This warming allows for the can to put out a nice, very thin mist of paint. Also you may want to get yourself a box big enough to paint in and maybe put a white sheet over it and get under it as you paint if you have contaminants flowing like that. Sort of your own paint booth but be careful on breathing the fumes. Just something to set the items down in and you stand over it with the sheet over you and the box.

Hey man these are some good ideas, I appreciate it. I may have to try some of these next time because I'm terrible. I finally finished and it's not 100% perfect but it'll do for now. I ended up doing some wetsanding (for the first time in my life I'll add) and it worked better than I thought it would.

camaro_RS 03-26-2012 08:38 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Finished painting all the pieces. Yep, this is my "garage" I get to paint in.