Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   USA - New England (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Goodguys 22nd Grundy Worldwide Insurance East Coast Nationals (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=284916)

2010CamaroRS 03-25-2013 07:37 AM

Goodguys 22nd Grundy Worldwide Insurance East Coast Nationals

1 Attachment(s)
When: June 14-16
Where: The Big E, West Springfield, MA

Who can go:

I think Friday and Saturday are for Cars up to 1972. However, I read on the website that the Indoor show is open to All years, makes & models of American made or American powered show cars & trucks? Maybe I'll register and see what happens anyways. Nevertheless, Sunday is All-American Sunday where newer models can go for just the one day fee.

How much: $30 for Sunday only. Great parking, goodie bag and you can enter into the GoodGuys AutoCross. I found out yesterday I actually didn't have the worst time! :clap2:

chevy 3 03-25-2013 06:38 PM

I missed this last year. I'm not missing this year.

2010CamaroRS 03-26-2013 07:15 AM

i shouldnt even bother posting shows out here...nobody east of Worcester is going to come anyways lol

chevy 3 03-26-2013 09:12 AM

Have faith.

molloni 03-26-2013 12:16 PM

You never know...I have to come to at least one show out your way. But do we enter or just walk around?

2010CamaroRS 03-28-2013 06:39 AM

i entered last year...it would really be something for them to see if we had a large group attend...GoodGuys Auto Shows are far more superior to RICOA shows...

2010CamaroRS 05-30-2013 02:46 PM

coming up fast!

chevy 3 05-31-2013 06:34 AM

I'm still in on this. Even if Jim has to drive me.

2010CamaroRS 05-31-2013 06:48 AM

you rock

Northeast Rod Run 05-31-2013 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2010CamaroRS (Post 6330628)
When: June 14-16
Where: The Big E, West Springfield, MA

Who can go:

I think Friday and Saturday are for Cars up to 1972.

Good Guys IS for cars up to 1972. with me owning a 1969 Camaro, I've been a member for a number of years (along with the NSRA too)
Quote:

However, I read on the website that the Indoor show is open to All years, makes & models of American made or American powered show cars & trucks? Maybe I'll register and see what happens anyways.
You won't get into that show. A newer car has to pretty much be something else to get in there. Plus you have to be accepted, or invited beforehand to get into that show. A friend of mine showed up on Friday last year, with a car that contended for the Riddler Award and they still had a hard time accepting them, because they were only registered for the outdoor show. I was accepted for the indoor last year and won a Super Sunday award with my 2004 GTO, so they invited me back for the indoor show this year (or at least I think that had something to do with the invite:noidea:)
Quote:

How much: $30 for Sunday only. Great parking, goodie bag and you can enter into the GoodGuys AutoCross. I found out yesterday I actually didn't have the worst time! :clap2:
This is a major reason why they only allow newer cars in on Sunday. There are to many great shows that were ruined by people just driving their cars off the dealer lots and then calling themselves a show car, just to get better parking. I personally know that I don't like going to car show, just to see the same cars I can see on a dealer lot.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2010CamaroRS (Post 6335096)
i shouldnt even bother posting shows out here...nobody east of Worcester is going to come anyways lol

I live right on the coast, north of Boston and I'm heading out there. I was originally going to take my '69 for the outdoor show, because it isn't even close to 'indoor show quality', but once they invited my GTO for the indoor show, I had to change my plans.

Northeast Rod Run 05-31-2013 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chevy 3 (Post 6611071)
I'm still in on this. Even if Jim has to drive me.

Charlie, Hollie and I will be there all weekend. If you take a couple of wanders by the GTO on Sunday, I'm sure we'll be there having a couple of cold ones at some point. We are also staying at a hotel all weekend that pretty much shares the parking lot with HOOTERS:happyanim::headbang:

Unlike last year's after hours..... there's gonna be some good parking lot parties this year!!

chevy 3 05-31-2013 07:31 PM

Gee I kinda feel like a scab

2010CamaroRS 05-31-2013 08:00 PM

:bs:

First of all...i was actually personally invited to attend the indoor portion this year....but they wanted my car Thursday-Sunday.

I told them I would only go Sunday because I don't feel so hot leaving my car unattended for 2 days.

Most GoodGuy shows allow new makes indoors...you have to call them to check. I did.

It's easy...ban the dealer plates...you can't just drive a car off the lot LOL

You can't see my car in a dealer lot. Probably anywhere.

I spent a lot of money to make it my own and the color, stripes and transmission make it 1 of 2 like it produced. Not to mention it looks like it came off the assembly line AND its a daily driver.

Car shows should be about worksmanship and cleanliness...not about who you think should be there based on the year car they have.

You go to the shows for all the wrong reasons with an attitude like that.

Northeast Rod Run 05-31-2013 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2010CamaroRS (Post 6613763)
:bs:

First of all...i was actually personally invited to attend the indoor portion this year....but they wanted my car Thursday-Sunday.

that's awesome!

Quote:

I told them I would only go Sunday because I don't feel so hot leaving my car unattended for 2 days.
The way I look at it, is that there are cars that blow OURS away and worth well into six figures, so I have no problem leaving my car there. There are many cars there, that can make mine look like a shitbox. I've done that at plenty of shows in the past. There are many shows that I won't even attend with any of my cars, because they aren't up to the quality of the others. Hell, most people love my '69 and would love to have it, but I literally call it a shitbox because to me it is.

Quote:

You go to the shows for all the wrong reasons with an attitude like that.
I was hoping you weren't going to take that personal, because I made sure I directed nothing directly at anyone. I didn't think I would have to say that, but I guess I should have. Sorry...

I agree that car shows are about workmanship and quality 100%. When it comes to those things, cleanliness is very important, but I do have to say that just because a car is clean, shouldn't be a reason it is in a show.

As far as what someone or some organization thinks belongs in a show.. I am all for that. Certain shows cater to certain cars and many times my cars aren't allowed and I am totally ok with that. I would never get upset because my car isn't allowed in a show and would never feel like my car belongs in a show just because I did certain stuff to it. It's all up to whoever is running it and how they run it. Most shows I go to, I don't even take my cars, because I go to them more for getting and seeing other people's creative ideas instead of trying to show mine off.

I am really sorry that I made you get all defensive about your own car. I know if we were talking face to face, you wouldn't have taken it this way. It's just had to convey certain things online.

Believe me when I say that I have nothing against anyone's car. If I did, there is no way that the Northeast Rod Run would be anywhere near as sucessful as it is. If you were ever on one of our runs, you would know exactly what I mean. Even if I don't agree with someone's taste (and I will usually let them know), I always respect their decisions to do what they want ot their own car and if they've done a quality job, I can always admire someone's hard work

Remember.. whatever any of us think of any of our cars, they are still just a big hunk of metal and rubber.... nothing more..... nothing less.