Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Dragstrip and Launch Techniques Discussion (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Hiccup when power shifting.... (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=534182)

Motorboy8769 07-17-2018 11:04 PM

Hiccup when power shifting....

I have a jerico 4 speed in the car but when I power shift it cuts the throttle or fuel or something and makes it sound like I let off.
I have hp tuners I have adjusted revlimiters and some other things any idea what could be causing this? My right foot never leaves the floor.
I’m hoping to get an in car video this weekend if weather holds out. I do not shift slow enough to reach my rev limiter. I’m shifting at 6 and limiter is clear up to 7500.

https://youtu.be/lKzvqoV-7g8

acammer 07-18-2018 08:50 AM

Have you looked at the CFCO tables? I would pump the enable ECT up to an enourmously high valve to basically keep it off.

I definitely hear it cutting power during the shifts, and not noticeably bumping a limiter.

Motorboy8769 07-18-2018 12:39 PM

Yea I disabled the electronic throttsle and fuel cut off only one active is spark.

Are you talking about a different table?
I also changed the acceleration rate coefficient to 1.0 and something else to do with that to 0 which said it would be off then.
I am very green to tuning I bought hp tuners because of this issue.

acammer 07-18-2018 12:45 PM

CFCO is Clutch Fuel Cut Off. You'll find that under Engine > Fuel > Cutoff,DFCO > Clutch Fuel Cutoff (CFCO). When you're talking about disabling ETC and Fuel I believe you're on the same page, but under the RPM Limits > Control Method area. CFCO stuff has 4 parameters on my version, Enable VSS, Enable RPM, Enable ECT, and CFCO Spark table. My tune has the Enable ECT 491*F - basically its never on. I honestly don't know if that's factory disabled, or if that was on the tune when I got the car.

Are you data logging the car on the runs? If not, that would be step one - see if you can figure out what it's doing.

Motorboy8769 07-18-2018 04:20 PM

I have not data logged my car I don’t have the pro and a lot of times when I start the scanner on my computer the computer restarts. Plus I have been nervous about kicking the plug when I’m shifting. I will look in the computer tonight and see what I have. I know also that my Park/neutral rev limiter is also set clear up to 7500 too

BFASTNOTLAST 07-18-2018 08:37 PM

You need to get a log of your runs..... There is something your missing there. Are you touching the clutch when shifting at all being that you have a Jerico? Also are you sure its not hitting revlimiter? In the video it almost sounds like the engine spikes between shifts. All TQ management shut off? Switchover delay changed?

Motorboy8769 07-18-2018 09:04 PM

I’m not sure what switchover delay is. Ta management is all shut off.
I do kick the clutch when I shift.
I am shifting at 6k and limiter is set to 7500 I really don’t think it’s spiking 1500 rpm. when I power shift it at half throttle on the return road it works fine just a short spike like you would expect power shifting.

BFASTNOTLAST 07-19-2018 11:43 AM

Do the O2's blip when you shift? Or do they stay across the board?

BFASTNOTLAST 07-19-2018 11:51 AM

the switchover delay is under (Fuel - DFCO/cutoff Control method. Your table should be 5ish..... Change it to 10 and give it a try.

Also try powershifting at 4000 just to make sure there is no interference with the rev limiter. If all good at 4000 run it up and try again.

acammer 07-19-2018 11:56 AM

Got the powershifting royalty in your thread now - this guy knows a thing or too.

Definitely need to log it, that'll get you to your conclusion here a lot faster. Pull the OBDII plug right out of it's mount and stuff it up under the dash plugged into your data cable. I had the same problem, I bump it if there is anything plugged into it. It pops right out, no hardware or anything holding it in.

Also, do you need the clutch at all with a Jericho?

Motorboy8769 07-19-2018 12:09 PM

The jerico can be shifted clutchless with some minor modifications to the face plates or run a studder box or take it to the rev limiter. They are made to stay in gear and it is super hard on them shifting clutchless.

I have never had any problem powershifting any other car I drive/ race but they were not this computerized!

I am going to dig into the computer tonight and look at all of this and maybe take some pics of how my setup is under that section.

I really appreciate the help

acammer 07-19-2018 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Motorboy8769 (Post 10255357)
The jerico can be shifted clutchless with some minor modifications to the face plates or run a studder box or take it to the rev limiter. They are made to stay in gear and it is super hard on them shifting clutchless.

I have never had any problem powershifting any other car I drive/ race but they were not this computerized!

I am going to dig into the computer tonight and look at all of this and maybe take some pics of how my setup is under that section.

I really appreciate the help

I know zero about them - so just curious more than anything. It's gotta be in the tune somewhere. I don't have that issue with mine at all. If you want to shoot me a HPT I can compare it to mine and see if I can spot a meaningful difference.

Log it and we'll have some stuff to look for too.

Motorboy8769 07-19-2018 12:16 PM

If weather holds out this weekend I’m also going to get some in car videos. Also next time the tuner is at the local track I will have them data log with the pro. If I can’t do it myself before then

Motorboy8769 07-19-2018 11:51 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Attachment 947310

Attachment 947311

Attachment 947312

Attachment 947313

Cutoff rpm hyst. Is changed to 1 no longer 225 like in picture

Should I max out the command torque delta and the commanded torque parameters.