Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-topic Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Are there any other small business owners on here? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16214)

cam2fst4u 03-21-2009 07:45 PM

Are there any other small business owners on here?

I assume that it is ok to post this here since it is a general forum. If not I appologize...

I was just wondering if anyone else here is a small business owner. I own a small country store in a very small town. We were doing pretty well until the economy crapped out which is why I have not yet ordered my camaro. Any time I had bought a new car in the past the business would always drop for a while but it would always come back. Reason being people for whatever reason are jealous... i know it sounds stupid but thats just how it is here unfortunately. I am considering maybe not getting the camaro because of this because this would be one car I would be jealous of if someone else got. sorry if this is a rant not really how I meant it to come off being but just wanted to see if anyone else that is a business owner has experienced the same thing... :iono:

My new Camaro 03-21-2009 07:55 PM

feel your pain,own a gas station

cam2fst4u 03-21-2009 08:03 PM

so its the same for you with the people too?

My new Camaro 03-21-2009 08:15 PM

i think they can get over it, but i try to keep my dealings low key.i do know exactly what u are talking about though.im buying a new house not far from my store and i have had this same thought because its one of the nicer houses in the area. then i decided i will live my life no matter the outcome

stretch98 03-21-2009 08:22 PM

Your customers come and go depending on the kind of vehicle you drive?

My new Camaro 03-21-2009 08:27 PM

small towns everyone knows each other

1camaro4me 03-21-2009 08:32 PM

I own a company and employ about 25 people.

Fortunately for me this is one car that will not cause me that kinda grief. Many of my employees make good money (40,000-50,000/year). So they can afford a camaro too. In fact, several drive "nicer" vehicles than I currently do.

One guy is actually a collector. '69 camaro, absolute perfect condition. All kinds of goodies added on to it. He's so anal he won't even drive it to a car show 7 miles from his house. Puts it on a carrier and pulls that with his "everyday" truck. He has another newer one with more chrome than should be legal to own.

But I feel your pain. It's common. That's why I've never owned a 'vette even though I wanted one for years. Or a Lexus for the wife, (she has to settle for a Toyota). Always afraid of crossing that envy line that is human nature.

My new Camaro 03-21-2009 08:40 PM

same reason i havnt got a vette.people act like your spending there money

THE EVIL TW1N 03-21-2009 08:44 PM

LOL wow

stretch98 03-21-2009 08:54 PM

I guess I could see that with a Maserati but a CHEVY??? I woulda thought the grassroots small town folks would give you more grief for buying an import.

mglumske 03-21-2009 08:56 PM

We are business owners in small western Wisconsin town. My wife runs the store. I have had some concerns too about "what the customers think", but oh well they'll get over it. The big problem for me will be my coworkers at my regular job. They are very jealous already, it rediculous! You can imagine all the "how can you afford that?" attitude towards me. The worst are the other Engineers in the group!

Q8-CamaroSS 03-21-2009 08:58 PM

I would say Leave people on the Side and enjoy life

roadie2991 03-21-2009 09:02 PM

I'm a small business owner in Ft. Worth. You even have some of that behavior here. When I bought a Corvette in 1995, people felt the need to complain about my fees and say things like "I guess you need me to make your car payment for you".

cam2fst4u 03-21-2009 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1camaro4me (Post 354417)
I own a company and employ about 25 people.

Fortunately for me this is one car that will not cause me that kinda grief. Many of my employees make good money (40,000-50,000/year). So they can afford a camaro too. In fact, several drive "nicer" vehicles than I currently do.

One guy is actually a collector. '69 camaro, absolute perfect condition. All kinds of goodies added on to it. He's so anal he won't even drive it to a car show 7 miles from his house. Puts it on a carrier and pulls that with his "everyday" truck. He has another newer one with more chrome than should be legal to own.

But I feel your pain. It's common. That's why I've never owned a 'vette even though I wanted one for years. Or a Lexus for the wife, (she has to settle for a Toyota). Always afraid of crossing that envy line that is human nature.

Not doing any hiring are you?....lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by stretch98 (Post 354481)
I guess I could see that with a Maserati but a CHEVY??? I woulda thought the grassroots small town folks would give you more grief for buying an import.

Most people around here drive Fords. alot of old 70s and 80s trucks and 80s early 90 mustangs and a few newer model stangs and some imports....

Quote:

Originally Posted by roadie2991 (Post 354503)
I'm a small business owner in Ft. Worth. You even have some of that behavior here. When I bought a Corvette in 1995, people felt the need to complain about my fees and say things like "I guess you need me to make your car payment for you".

I dont know how many times i have heard this. usually they would say well i guess you are going up on your prices again i see a new truck sitting out there or something like that. which i never increase my prices to make more money only raise what has been raised on me.

I dont want this to come off the wrong way but I am glad that I am not the only one. I thought maybe it was just me.

I no longer park my vehicles in site anymore. I had someone to egg my brand new silverado the night I got it. I was :mad0260: