Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   USA - Northwest / Pacific Northwest (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   The Dead Zone!! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=477276)

owhite3003 12-16-2016 11:43 AM

The Dead Zone!!

This page seems to be dead. We have to have more Camaro people out there than this. I have a couple of questions for you guys to get this page rollin a bit.
Do you have a specific road you like to drive on?
Do you hang with other Camaro buddies or groups?
Any mods planned in this off season?
Any killer pictures of your machine?
If you are on Facebook, what groups are you in?
Do you have other Camaros and what is your favorite?
Feel free to drop a post and have a killer day. :thanks:

Skoonie 12-16-2016 02:30 PM

I check here every week or so but never see any new posts. Id love to find some local gearheads to burn rubber/fuel with. I am just getting back together after an engine bay rewire, should be road ready by the time we thaw out. I am not too far from you Owhite, I live in Mac, work in Newberg.

Blazer098 12-16-2016 03:32 PM

I'll be putting mods on hold for the next year, saving up to trade in. *cough ZL1*

PDXSSCE 12-16-2016 10:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by owhite3003 (Post 9458410)
This page seems to be dead. We have to have more Camaro people out there than this. I have a couple of questions for you guys to get this page rollin a bit.
Do you have a specific road you like to drive on?
Do you hang with other Camaro buddies or groups?
Any mods planned in this off season?
Any killer pictures of your machine?
If you are on Facebook, what groups are you in?
Do you have other Camaros and what is your favorite?
Feel free to drop a post and have a killer day.

I feel Route 197, especially around Maupin, is a really fun drive.
Unfortunately, I haven't had an opportunity to hang with other Camaro owners. I never really got into car shows, because I don't have the patience to be at one place all day & maybe I'm not understanding runs, but they don't catch my interest, because the thought of following cars in a procession doesn't seem appealing to me. :confused:
The final modification to be done on my car is a Borla S-type axle-back, but it'll happen when I find one under $500.
I've posted my favorite picture of the car in another thread but I'll post it here too.
I'm a member of the Columbia River Camaro Club & 5th Gen Commemorative Edition Camaro groups on Facebook.
My favorite Camaro models are...
1. 2015 2SS/RS Commemorative Edition. :becky:
2. 1970 1/2 Z28 RS.
3. 1989 IROC-Z.

Orion, I appreciate you starting the thread & I still owe you a beer. Let's get together sometime soon. :w00t:

stearns.mw 12-17-2016 09:03 AM

We're just hibernating waiting for Spring and summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jayhawk500 12-18-2016 10:35 AM

The Northwest section of Camaro5, has always fallen asleep from about October to about the end of April. Most people have put their Camaros in hibernation for the winter. So, the enthusiasm of not driving their machines also, bleeds over onto the site. Occasionally, some one will post up a toy drive around Christmas or what mods they'll be doing over the winter. But all in all, it's sleepy time. We're resting up for the upcoming car show and cruising season.
I do mods over the winter, with 'Bee being 7 years old, the car still gets a trophy or two every year. But the best trophy is, when the kids faces light up when they recognize the car.

owhite3003 12-19-2016 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skoonie (Post 9458665)
I check here every week or so but never see any new posts. Id love to find some local gearheads to burn rubber/fuel with. I am just getting back together after an engine bay rewire, should be road ready by the time we thaw out. I am not too far from you Owhite, I live in Mac, work in Newberg.

Keep me in the loop and maybe we can go on a run.

owhite3003 12-19-2016 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blazer098 (Post 9458741)
I'll be putting mods on hold for the next year, saving up to trade in. *cough ZL1*

Very nice, there are some nice Zs coming on the market now that the 6th gen is out.

owhite3003 12-19-2016 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PDXSSCE (Post 9459294)
I feel Route 197, especially around Maupin, is a really fun drive.
Unfortunately, I haven't had an opportunity to hang with other Camaro owners. I never really got into car shows, because I don't have the patience to be at one place all day & maybe I'm not understanding runs, but they don't catch my interest, because the thought of following cars in a procession doesn't seem appealing to me. :confused:
The final modification to be done on my car is a Borla S-type axle-back, but it'll happen when I find one under $500.
I've posted my favorite picture of the car in another thread but I'll post it here too.
I'm a member of the Columbia River Camaro Club & 5th Gen Commemorative Edition Camaro groups on Facebook.
My favorite Camaro models are...
1. 2015 2SS/RS Commemorative Edition. :becky:
2. 1970 1/2 Z28 RS.
3. 1989 IROC-Z.

Orion, I appreciate you starting the thread & I still owe you a beer. Let's get together sometime soon. :w00t:

I might have to look at the route and give it a run.
My favorite Camaros
1. First gen pro tour
2. My ZL1.
3. I like the early 70s but had a bitchin 79 Z/28 that was really cool.

Keep me in the loop and maybe we cruise out to a cool location and get a cold one.

owhite3003 12-19-2016 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stearns.mw (Post 9459584)
We're just hibernating waiting for Spring and summer.

You big ole bear you!!!!

owhite3003 12-19-2016 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jayhawk500 (Post 9461146)
The Northwest section of Camaro5, has always fallen asleep from about October to about the end of April. Most people have put their Camaros in hibernation for the winter. So, the enthusiasm of not driving their machines also, bleeds over onto the site. Occasionally, some one will post up a toy drive around Christmas or what mods they'll be doing over the winter. But all in all, it's sleepy time. We're resting up for the upcoming car show and cruising season.
I do mods over the winter, with 'Bee being 7 years old, the car still gets a trophy or two every year. But the best trophy is, when the kids faces light up when they recognize the car.

Are you working on Bee or your wife's car this winter? I believe the last time I talked to you, your wife's car had a rod knocking or something.

Jayhawk500 12-23-2016 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by owhite3003 (Post 9462544)
Are you working on Bee or your wife's car this winter? I believe the last time I talked to you, your wife's car had a rod knocking or something.

As of this time neither. The Nova has been fixed and runs awesome. I lost all the propane in my tank for the garage heater, so it's like an icebox in there. Got to save up for more gas.

PDXSSCE 12-24-2016 10:16 PM

Orion, were you driving northbound on the 205 at around 6pm tonight?

:drive:

stearns.mw 12-24-2016 10:34 PM

Merry Christmas to all.